I hate being a spoilsport, and I don´t want to come across as negatively biased or sitting on a high horse, but there are some things worth considering, Notar520AC:
- Most people don´t make 900,000 USD after taxes in their entire working life.
- Hardly anybody, especially in the US where people tend to spend a higher percentage of their income rather than save it, has a freely disposable sum that huge.
- If it was possible to say "hey, I wanna make 900 Grand, let´s just try stocks", everybody would be doing that, including me.
- The stock market is NOT a money printing machine, every Dollar won there must be lost by someone else. For every Microsoft, IBM or HP success story there are hundreds of entrepreneurs NOT making it out of their garage, effectively burning their investors´ money.
- If you want to earn 900,000 USD, you have to be extremely good at what you´re doing. You won´t make such a sum on the stock market en passant. That´s only possible if you devote your professional life to making money from stocks. And even then, you still have to be better at that job than 99.99% of your competitors. This statement, by the way, is applicable to every kind of profession. And it won´t work without very VERY hard working.