ly772

An End To The ISR/Arab E-Conflict

Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:23 am

Okay, I for one am very sick of hearing about this. Everywhere I turn, I hear about my brothers and sisters being killed and every now and then, I would like to relax and get away from it all.

As I logged onto A.net today, this is all I saw on here on this Forum.

"Palestinian Printed US and Israeli Money" -Avi

"Letter To American Jews" - EmiratesLover

"What is Really Going On In The Middle East?" -ElAl

"Palestinian Ambulance Caught Transporting Bombs"
-TWANeedsNoHelp

"Another Clever Mid East Cartoon" -Tbar220

"Israeli Troops Open Fire on NBC News Crew"
-Lot767-300ER

"Does Palestine Exist? What is Israel" -747-600X

"Bush Talks - Bombing in Tel Aviv - Ramallah Seized"
-LY772

"Israeli Papers Demand Clearer Goals" -Go Canada!

"Israel Declares War" -Airplanenut

---------------------------------------
That's 10 Topics

I'm not one of those guys who says 'let everyone blow up each other and leave me the hell alone'.

I think it would be better for the forums if we leave off the Palestinian/Israeli situation.

I admit, I use to post everyday about who killed who and what happened where. But I got sick of reading my own writing. I am asking you, to please lay off.

I also admit that a topic on the list above is mine, and I reply to some of the other topics. I made a mistake and I am willing to say, yes I made a mistake.

Here's what I am trying to say: There is enough hate and brutality in this 'beautiful' world. Do we need it in the e-world?

This is a link to a search that I did. Just under the name 'Israel' in the Topic. Look at the results. Oh, and the search range was one week
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/search.main?search=israel&submit=Search&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=7&fldsubject=1

pacificjourney

RE: An End To The ISR/Arab E-Conflict

Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:32 am

Amen to all that but I am not optimistic the hate will end here, let alone in the ME itself.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

N400QX

Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:09 am

Yeah, I agree with you there-- the violence has escalated so much in the past couple weeks that it has become too much for me to be able to deal with for now.

The suicide bombing reports are depressing. The gunning down of civilians is depressing. The slaughter of innocents is depressing.

jessman

Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:53 am

This is a global forum, and some of the members on this forum are from that part of the world. It's a huge part of their life, so it's very hard for them to not talk about it. Also, It's a very interesting in light of Biblical prophesy (I'll get references later) which has Israel as a key player in the end times (This was scoffed at up until the 1940's, who back then thought Israel would ever be an independant country again?
If we can be civilized we can discuss this. Others can just not participate in the thread, or start your own, as the case may be.  Smile

Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:56 pm

Cmon LY772

You have been quite vocal in your condemnation of the Palestinians in the past. Now that the world is looking at Israel and her terrorist activities, you want us to stop discussing it?  Insane

Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:14 pm

I agree with LY772 .. it's become blatently obvious that our opinions of Israel and Palestine are very personal ones and that one side will never convince the other side that they are wrong.

I'd be just as happy NEVER to see another Israel/Palesting message in these forums, in fact I have suggested on occasion that they topic simply be banned. (mind you, if there were one that said "Peace Achieved" .. that would be OK)

Finally LY772, something we agree upon... write that in your diary for it most likely won't happen again!

VH-ADG

Klaus

Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:30 am

Yeah, right. We should only discuss topics which nobody´s interested in...  Wink/being sarcastic