seven_fifty7

What Can We Do To Show Johan...

Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:42 pm

...that we actually and really do appreciate this website? (Yeah, a wimpy-sounding question, but I know no other way to put it).

Is anyone else getting the sense that he's getting very annoyed with many members and the whole thing altogether? (Especially with all the recent deletions, that warning at the top of this non-aviation forum, and the "post too short" rule). He's acknowledged that this site is very, very time-consuming and not exactly without costs.

Personally, I cannot help but predict that in a matter of months, one or more of the following things will happen:

a) A fee to access a.net.

b) A substantial downsizing of the site, eliminating some forums and features. (Rest assured, non-Aviation will be the first to go).

c) A complete shut down of a.net.

Don't take any of this for granted folks. A similar thing happened at planebusiness.com just last year.

I guess for now, the only thing I suggest is for many of you to mind your manners. No more flamebaits, no more silly posts, no more wise-guys. Just follow his rules, pure and simple, or else we're gonna find ourselves without this place.

I think Mr. Lundgren means business.

ILOVEA340

RE: What Can We Do To Show Johan...

Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:50 pm

Man that would be horrible, My life is at A.Net (well I'm sure I would move of to other things but...) I couldn't agree with you more SEVEN_FIFTY7

I Like To Fly

Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:02 pm

I think he knows there are many great people who appreciate this site. I really don't think he would shut it down. I agree he probably is sick of the few constant problems, but at the same time he is making many changes and improvements to a.net. If he didn't plan on keeping a.net running why would he spend the money on new servers and improve the photo submission process or look at adding more moderators? I don't see him downsizing or closing a.net, and I hope for once I am right. Smile/happy/getting dizzy

LH423

Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:08 pm

Even though I am not one for kissing the Admistrator's ass, I do appreciate this site and the work he does. The only way I can show the appreciation is to keep my posts clean and try and only respond when my input furthers a discussion. I intend to show my appreciation via financial support when I have the money in the next few months. In the meantime, thanks Mr. Admistrator, your work is very much appreciated by this enthusiast.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

seven_fifty7

Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:27 pm

>>Even though I am not one for kissing the Admistrator's ass, I do appreciate this site and the work he does.<<

LOL!

Laugh out loud

Okaaaaay. Well gee, I don't believe in kissing anyone's ass either, LH423. But I am just trying to remind everyone that he could easily get pissed off enough to eventually say "screw it." It's so easy for us to take this site for granted and just assume it'll always be here (and in it's present form).

Of course none of this implies that we should all go out and FedEX Johan a box of chocolates either. I just know that patience can eventually run out of anybody.

Your candor is hilarious, though.

administrator

Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:45 am

Thanks for the show of support guys, it's very nice to read. It's true we're going through a rather difficult time right now but I'm very hopeful that Airliners.net will be around in the future as well.

Regards,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

EGGD

Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:49 am

Yup, alot of people don't appreciate the amount of work Johan puts into the site, and just take it for granted. Sometimes I forget, its almost as if Airliners.net is a right to some people.

hmm, before anyone jumps to conclusions.. Johan, kiss kiss ... j/k  Laugh out loud.

Well..

Dan  Smile

KROC

Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:57 am

If you want to show support, you should pony up $5 bucks a month, to help support the website.

For all the battles, arguements and such I have had with Johan, I understand his plight, and it is the least I can do.

CanadianDC10

Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:47 pm

I was thinking about this same topic yesterday. I don't know what I would do if A.net wasn't around! There's no other aviation site nearly as good as this one. I really appreciate this website. Thanks Johan!

seven_fifty7

Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:53 pm

I'm with KROC. I'd be willing to fianancially "donate" to A.net too.

IMissPiedmont

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:24 pm

We could simply stop seriously flaming each other. I look on most everyone here as family. I try to make it clear when I post a rebuttal, that it is meant without malice and/or is supported by fact.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

174thfwff

Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:27 pm

Not to use pop-up killers like some people I know...also click on a banner a few times a day if you can't pay the first class fee.

-174th
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

dragogoalie

Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:50 pm

*bows down to Johan*
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

Pacific

Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:25 pm

Keep up the good work as I really appreciate this site. One's patience can indeed just pop in some occations so hope to see less flaming!

Pacific

KROC

Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:13 pm

174th. Most pop up killers I know of, allow the pop up to fully load, then it kills it off, thus giving the site credit for the pop up, and making it easier on the user in eliminating them. Just an FYI.

Arsenal@LHR

Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:33 am

I cannot stress how grateful i am to Johan for creating such a wonderful website, i'd be devasted if a.net was shut down. But even if a fee was introduced, i'd be more than willing to pay up!

The solution is simple: Stop the flaim wars and stick to the rules and regulations.

redards
Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

174thfwff

Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:46 am

Oh, thanks for the info KROC. I still won't use them because I want to click on the banner sometimes.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.