TNboy
Topic Author

Craziest Thing You've Done On Holiday

Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:16 pm

Quite a few years ago, my wife and I were in Fiji on holiday. On the last day, we had packed and were ready to catch the bus to the airport. I took a last look at the pool, glistening in the sunlight, with the background of ocean and palms, and couldn't help myself. I took a flying leap into the pool, fully clothed, and swam a farewell lap. As I climbed out, the airport bus arrived, so I got on, dripping wet. The bus wasn't airconditioned, and had open windows, so I was fairly dry by the time we reached the airport an hour later. My wife still thinks I'm an idiot, and I don't care - it was worth it.
What's the craziest thing you have done on vacation?
Bill
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

L-188

RE: Craziest Thing You've Done On Holiday

Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:21 pm

I just got back from a week off.....

I took the week and did my taxes....

Seems kind of non-exiting now Sad
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:55 am

We were vacationing in Hawaii a couple years ago, and a few days before we went home, I was unsatisfied with my tan, so I decided to lay out with out sunblock on. Keep in mind, it was March, and I'm from Chicago. I was white as a ghost. I had a full body sunburn (except for my unmentionables, thank god).

roguetrader

Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:12 am

I went to Paris for the first time a few years ago. One night I got into a cab and asked the driver to take me to a nice club to have some drinks and maybe meet some ladies.

The club was nice and I did meet some ladies.

The really fun part was when I got my credit card bill, there was a $1200 charge from the club he took me to - for maybe $70 worth of drinks at most. It took me about 4 more months to get my bank to refuse the charge and credit back the money.

I found out later that it is just one of many places in Paris, Athens and elsewhere that is in business with taxi drivers to try and rip off your credit cards. I know now that what seemed normal at the time was in actuality a crazy idea - asking a taxi driver to pick my entertainment for the night.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

trident3

Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:24 am

Went to a "lady-boy" show in Bangkok!  Wow!
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

ryanb741

Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:44 am

On a rather drunken holiday to Ibiza, we were in the 'Es Paradis' nightclub when we spotted Kylie Minogue. I bet my friends £50 that I could get her to give me a kiss, and tried to crack onto her all night (remember I was absolutely drunk!).

I lost £50  Sad
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

cfalk

Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:01 am

The craziest thing I ever did on holiday:

I came home.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

TNboy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:11 am

Hey Rogue, I can fix you up with this Nigerian/African bank official who can arrange maybe $30 million for you. Then you can go back to Paris and even tip the taxi driver.
Cheers
Bill

Goodbye

Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:03 pm

I think CFalk's post is about the same for me.

yyz717

Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:07 am

Hey RogueTrader, maybe that $1200 charge was legit! What kind of women did you find that night????

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

roguetrader

Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:53 am

TNboy, I get those offers about once a month, so I've already got the contacts there should I need them.

Yyz717, the women were nice and friendly, and I got lots of attention. But, little skin to skin contact took place, and I went home alone. I had about 10 drinks, so they may have thought I was too drunk to remember anything, but they were wrong.

I have a few more stories that are prfoundly stupid, I'm just not sure if they can be shared freely.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

TNboy
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:58 am

Nice to see you show a bit of restraint there, RT. Of course, chances are that the other parties have already dined out on the stories anyway. Isn't that always the way, dammit.
Bill

Herbman

Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:46 pm

..flaying with AF from DUS over CHG to VIE.. He, he, he..  Big thumbs up

Regards

Sebastian

IndianGuy

Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:18 pm

Went skinny-dipping with friends while trekking down the Western Ghats over the weekend. Bathing in the stream naked was a last minute idea, but all were game! Remember this was Nov-2000. Beginning of winter! Brrr...!

We all got a little rowdy, and the cops came looking even as i was squabbling with someone over the last bottle of beer. Remember we all were bare naked!

Needless to say the cops werent amused, and marched us off to the police station. The lady inspector at the station was shocked at how *Boys from good families* could behave in such an *un-Indian* way!

I have waiting for an opportunity to try it again!

-Roy