FlyBoeing
Topic Author

I Got Published!

Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:13 pm

http://www.thedartmouth.com/article.php?aid=200204090202

This is my somewhat off-kilter solution to the Middle East problems. How do you like that?

LufthansaUSA

RE: I Got Published!

Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:09 am

Interesting....good thoughts. Well done on getting published!

Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:01 pm

are you saying we should radiate E. Jerusalem? Your nuts

tbar220

Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:22 pm

Well, congrats on getting it published.

A few thoughts of my own.

Evacuating East Jerusalem and poisoning the religious sites with radioactive elements with a specified half-life buys enough time to work the religion out of the heads of both sides. At the same time, radiation does not physically destroy the religious sites. No mullah will be able to claim Zionist desecration and no Zionist will be able to talk about any destiny or biblical claim to a land which is uninhabitable to humans.

I highly, highly disagree with this statement. I don't think outside countries should dictate to countries how they should and can do things for their religion. And plus, this is a very, very morbid idea, and it will achieve nothing except anger and resentment. Religion is religion, and trying to limit it only causes problems.
NO URLS in signature

dragogoalie

Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:21 pm

I personally think that religion does more hurt than it does good. Look at so many fights that are going on in the world, and even just on this board, and try to find the cause. Just a thought though. In a way I'm happy that I'm undecided.

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

FlyBoeing
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:00 am

Tbar:

I think that man's right to live free from the political battles that ensue from "holy land" is a higher calling than interference with the way people prosecute their religion. People can prosecute religion - except there is no land that is Holy.

And we have to look at the long term here. There's no physical destruction of the site. It might create resentment in the short run but so did the Allied victory in World War II. Humanity has to advance in order for there to be peace in the M.E

That's essentially what I'm saying there.

tbar220

Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:44 am

Ok..well....I disagree  Laugh out loud I dunno what else to say really than what I said above!
NO URLS in signature