radarbeam

Moma I'm Gonna Steal A Car To Get To School Today

Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:10 pm

From Yahoo

8-Year-Old Florida Boy Drives to School
Sat Apr 13, 8:22 AM ET

TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. (Reuters) - An 8-year-old Florida boy drove himself to school in a stolen car after missing the school bus, police said this week.

The youngster was caught when schoolmates told a teacher they had seen him park the car in the faculty lot at Riverhills Elementary School in Temple Terrace, a city northeast of Tampa.

The boy, who could barely see above the dashboard, had crossed at least one busy four-lane intersection on the 1.5-mile route from his home to the school.

He was suspended from school for up to 10 days for endangering himself and others, but was not arrested because police did not see him driving the car.

The boy said his uncle had been giving him driving lessons since last week in the car, a 2002 Ford Focus that had been reported stolen, police said Friday. The car theft was still under investigation.

Police said neither the boy nor his mother knew the car was stolen, and that the mother was not arrested because there were no signs of neglect at home.

"He wanted to show it off to his friends I guess," said Temple Terrace Police Capt. Tracy Mishler. "He made it (to school) right on time but he bragged about it and that's why he got caught."

The boy's uncle, Darrick Wilford, was arrested on Tuesday on an unrelated vehicle theft charge.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20020413/od_nm/life_driver_dc_1

flyf15

RE: Moma I'm Gonna Steal A Car To Get To School Today

Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:12 am

This made me remember something that happened at my high school. As I remember, a kid got in a fight with his mother, stole her car and went to school. This kid was only 14 or 15 (didn't have a license). He got drunk or stoned during lunch (can't remember which). Him and I believe 3 other friends went joyriding in the car afterwards, he managed to roll it, and he died. His friends all came out with some serious injuries. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt...

Beefmoney

RE: Moma I'm Gonna Steal A Car To Get To School Today

Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:25 am

About a week ago, a 13 or 14 year old girl here in Phoenix was told by her parents to drive to the store to get somthing. They also sent her younger cousin along with her. The girl driving was distracted by the little kid jumping around in the front seat, and she drove into a parked car, killing the younger child.