sebolino

Revelation (US - FR)

Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:44 pm

I wanted to have a look on google about the expression "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys" as it is widely used by some members here.

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!

I can't believe it ! I found dozens of Anti-French sites and texts. Most of them are based on history mistakes, but who cares ? It seems common in the states to have this kind of sentiment against France.

I guess the cultural difference is too big (??).

Now I know where KROC and Alpha-1 take their "informations" about France.

Banco

RE: Revelation (US - FR)

Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:59 pm

I can't believe you've put this up after what happened the last time! Are you some kind of masochist?
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

eal401

Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:04 pm

"Can we have a Sebolino sized asbestos jacket over here please!"

Jeez man, you are a sucker for punishment!!!

KROC

Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:26 pm

Sebolino. Sorry, but I have never wasted my time to look up Anti-French web sites...especially ones based on hisorical inaccuracies.

Kinda funny though, because I could say you must get your opinions on the U.S. out of Mad Magazine or something.

It seems common in the states to have this kind of sentiment against France.

Just as common as the anti-American sentiment in your country.

I guess the cultural difference is too big

That must be it.  Insane

It's funny Sebolino, you want to keep dragging this out. You better hope Nik shows up, because he was the only one making a decent attempt at debating the issue on France.

sebolino

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:06 pm

KROC, you're discovered. You're a liar !
I found the website that you used as a base to your arguments, exactly in the same terms !
You're not very original.

address:

http://www.houseofhate.com/houseofhate/content/antifrench.html

NWA

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:32 pm

so what if its the same terms? I use the same terms in mags that have never read. dont go accusing people of things before you know them to be true slick! I have heard that the french and the brits dont get along, so dont start pointing fingers at the states. I think is fairly common that the french have something against the states. If I was to go to france, people would be nothing but jerks. I know alot of people who wont go back because the way they were treated. Next time maybe before you start posting "USA is evil, and racist", think about for a sec!!

ex. HKGspotter
23 victor, turn right heading 210, maintain 3000 till established, cleared ILS runwy 24.

roguetrader

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:45 pm

If I was to go to france, people would be nothing but jerks.

I think you're probably right, you would be treated like a jerk.

When I've been to France, the people are nice and interested in talking to you - in English - as long as you are nice to them. They consider it a little rude to walk into a French business and start talking in French. Ironically, Americans are just the same way in the US, so they should try at least to practice abroad what they want practiced at home.

Paris is a lot like New York - you will run into some rude people, this is almost for sure. But, if you make an effort so speak some words in French, they often think your French is so funny they'd just rather talk in English. Also, outside of Paris, just like outside of NYC, you often find a more relaxed and more welcoming mood among the French.

Note to French people: the main reason why Americans pick on France is because you are so defensive about it. If you would just blow it off, the jibes would end. As for now: let the wars continue.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

NWA

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:49 pm

Funny. I have heard nothing but bad things about france, and the people who I know cant talk french
23 victor, turn right heading 210, maintain 3000 till established, cleared ILS runwy 24.

roguetrader

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:51 pm

I meant to say,

"they consider it a little rude to walk into a French business and start talking in English."

RT

roguetrader

Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:59 pm

NWA,

Look, I fully agree that France has had some questionable issues with bathing, female underarm hair, and ability to stand up to the Germans. This deserves some harassmeht.

But, if you sat down at a place in Paris where a lot of Americans stop in - you would see how stupid and arrogant they look. Especially middle age and older Americans. It is really not that suprising that some French have a dim view of American behavior.

If the French acted in the USA like Americans acted in France, they would never be served or be able to function.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

KROC

Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:11 pm

KROC, you're discovered. You're a liar !
I found the website that you used as a base to your arguments, exactly in the same terms !
You're not very original.

address:

http://www.houseofhate.com/houseofhate/content/antifrench.html

Sebolino, you're discovered! You do nothing butmake up stories to back up your extremely weak arguments. I have never, and I repeat NEVER been to the website in question, nor have I visited any website based on hate. You are the one who is not original. You are the one who is scraping up anything off of your chin you can, to try and throw back. Anything I said, I backed up with validity. Also, I never said I "Hate" the French, because "Hate" is a strong word. Then again, you are not reading everything, only what you want to, then you add your own special Sebolino twist on it. You're played, you don't fool anyone. All you do is sling negativity without rhyme or reason. That might work for you, but it doesn't work for me, or any of the other users who can actually debate a topic. Chumpstains like you, do nothing but bring an abrupt end to any rational debate going on. You refuse to actually listen to the points being made, and thats pathetic. Live in your own hate, because it obviously consumes you.

NWA: Just todayt at work, somebody was talking about rude people in relation to Asians that always go to Niagra Falls. Thats because what we call rude is normal in their countries. I spent over a year in Korea, so I can say that with certainty. Then someone said "if you want to see Rude people, go to France". I have always heard things like thats as well, BUT unlike Sebolino, I refuse to base my opinions soley on hersay. Some of the freindliest people I have ever met have been in New York City, and South Central Los Angeles. Strange huh? Rude people are everywhere, can't do anything about that.

Klaus

Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm

Could you two please stop parading your respective insecurities in front of everybody?

It´s not really all that entertaining, you know...

KROC

Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:39 am

Klaus.....tremendous contrabution to the thread.  Yeah sure

Thing is, my security in what I believe allows me to debate said topic, and back up my opinions with facts and validity. The fact Sebolino has to resort to bashing, and posting utter nonsense that he has formulated in his mind to try and make those that think differently look bad is where the "insecurity" lies.

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:47 am

I've never been to one of those sites, Sebolino, and I must say you are just hysterical over the fact that people don't like France! And you complain when we stand up to you diatribes against the United States? Remember the old saying-if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

If you don't understand that Sebolino, it means that if you can't take the criticisms of your country, don't go critisizing someone elses.

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:54 am

Sebolino, after reading all of the stuff on hear, why don't you just give up? I mean, that's what the French are extremely good at, isn't it-giving up?  Wink/being sarcastic

Klaus

Kroc

Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:19 am

KROC: Klaus.....tremendous contrabution to the thread.

How do you make a meaningful contribution to a thread that´s basically just about people slinging idiotic and irreal stereotypes at each other?

"France" isn´t what KROC and a few others keep on repeating ad nauseam.

And "the USA" isn´t just as bad (and as uniform) as Sebolino and a few others are alledging whenever their own feelings get hurt.

KROC: Thing is, my security in what I believe allows me to debate said topic, and back up my opinions with facts and validity.

"Facts"? You mean like your boring standard:

KROC: France: we surrender!

If it ever was funny (which I don´t think it ever was), your stereotypical repetition of this kind of slander doesn´t make you look good. And of course, you´ll always find someone who´ll go through the roof on it. Like yourself, when when the courtesy is returned.

What a bunch of first-graders!

KROC

Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:24 am

Klaus, your boring and have no sense of humor...hence your not finding "We surrender, signed France" funny.

Although you did make a good point about France this...USA that, but the USA catches much flack on here, and when some of it get's dished back, then you decide to chime in? Please.

Alpha 1

RE: Kroc

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:00 am

Klaus, if you don't like it, why the hell do you even reply? Who's the bigger fool-the fool, or the fool who follows him. In other words, is it you or Sebolino who's the bigger fool here for responding so sharply?

Klaus

Kroc

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:05 am

KROC: Klaus, your boring and have no sense of humor...hence your not finding "We surrender, signed France" funny.

I´ve got no problem with other people finding me boring. It´s just that I don´t need to insult entire nations for being boring.

KROC: Although you did make a good point about France this...USA that, but the USA catches much flack on here, and when some of it get's dished back, then you decide to chime in? Please.

Just to clarify a point: "humour" is when you´re able to laugh about yourself. When you´re ridiculing others, it´s immature at best, chauvinist at worst.

Takkyu_Ishino

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:07 am

KROC, if you're so tough, come over to Sarcelles or mantes-la-jolie with all of your toughest american friends and try to fight with french people from there and we'll see who will surrender.
we know you american think you're tough cause you use guns, ( Beside the guns you ain't got nothing ). guns are for chickens not for real men.

americain de mes couilles.

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:27 am

Takkyu, stop the BS, man, and stop taking all it so damned personally, will you. Americans get bashed here on the time-it's standard fare, but God help us if we make fun of France. A capital crime it is!

Ok, Americans-how about we send these 5 Americans over to fight the 5 toughest Froggies we can find;

-Shaquille O'Neil, 7 ft 3, 360 lbs
-Jonathan Ogdon, OL Baltimore Ravens, 6 ft 7, 370lbs
-Jose Canseco, 6 ft 4, 275lbs
-Ray Lewis of the Ravens, 6 ft 3, 265lbs
-Mike Tyson, boxer. 6 ft 0, 240lbs and certifiable.

Now, Takkyu, you think you can beat up those hombres? LOL. Good luck.

Klaus

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:41 am

Alpha 1: Americans get bashed here on the time-it's standard fare, but God help us if we make fun of France. A capital crime it is!

I don´t see anybody around here making "fun" of the USA on that level of slander. (Well, maybe except Bin Laden on Letterman´s Late Show: "... Oh, and death to America!")

The more one knows about how people suffered and died in WWII the stronger the revulsion at your and KROC´s insults.

Takkyu_Ishino

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:42 am

definetly, i've been to the US and i can tell you that some french ( especially the arabs ) we got here beat the crap out of anyone. ( In paris some places are way more dangerous than Newyork )

french people are not what you see on T.V ( gay )

P.S: I didn't mean to start this but it's that KROC who's been all over how we surrender and other baseless comments.

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:47 am

Sure, Takkyu, I highly doubt ANYONE in France could beat up the fivesome I posted-they're all big, strong and athletic, and have an attitude that would probably curl the hair under a French girl's amrs. But thanks for the laugh.

Takkyu_Ishino

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:51 am

pfff man you're pathetic. it's the few arrogant people like you who make the world hate your country.

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:59 am

ROTFL, now you hate my country because I can find 5, probably 50 guys, that could beat the toughest guys in France? You'd hate America either way, pal. And just what was the "arrogance" you're talking about? LOL

Man, you got me laughing, though. Thanks. I've been sick for over a week, and that's the best I've felt all week.

KROC

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:06 am

Takku Ishino:

Yeah, well my mom can beat up your mom.  Insane

Let me say this. I don't own a gun. I, if needed will fight with my manos de pietros. Thing is, I don't need to sit behind a $1,000 dollar box, and issue challenges to fight people from like 6 thousand miles away. All American's don't have and use guns. You see, the real chickens are the one's who have to issue challenges to fight, from the aformentioned 6,000 miles away, from a computer, over the internet. Guess what that equals? Cowardice and Weak. Let's see, officially I have been threatened by Matt D and you Takku, and your posse of frogs. Give me a break. If you are really that though, you wouldn't need to spew that BS on the internet, in a forum.

Oh, and I love the fact that now you are repping the fact that there are parts of Paris that are "way more dangerous than New York". Dude, first off, now there is something to be proud off. Bragging about how your "finest" city has some of the most dangerous areas in the world. I know that when I am talking about how great New York is, or Houston is, or Miami is, or Los Angeles is, or Cleveland is, I am always sure to include the "dangerous areas" because that is something to really be proud of. But going along your pathetic lines, there are parts in Rochester that are "way more dangerous" that Paris. Wow, just as I thought, that sounds absurd. Every city in every country has bad and dangerous parts. Thing is, usually people don't brag about them. Besides, if I was in the worst part of Paris, surrounded by 20 froggies, all I would have to do is mention that the German's are gearing up for an invasion, and all 20 will roll right over. There, now that outta fire you right up over the edge now huh?

Klaus (  Sleepy Sad I am not degranding an entire nation by mentioning a harmless joke. Funny, Leftseat86...fellow forum menber, and fellow Frenchman takes it as a joke and jokes back. Funny, he "Gets It". He is not an overly sensitive crybaby like you, Takku, Sebolino..... As for the people who suffered and died in WWII. Yeah, I am very familure with that. Several of my family members served in WWII, and I rather enjoy talking to them about there experiences and hardships they faced. It only makes me appreciate the life I have. I have the life I do thanks to the brave people who fought and died to create and protect said way of life. See, it is you who truely are disrespecting the fallen of WWII. You, and your band of French buddies. There Anti-Americanism is disgusting considering the tens of thousands of men from all over the world that gave their lives to liberate France, and the rest of Europe. I guess in your world, that doesn't count though right? Oh, and the US catches more flack and jokes like the ones you accuse me of making towards France. Thing is, when directed towards the U.S. they are usually not jokes. See, I can take everything in stride. I can joke, laugh, have a good time, but if someone wants to bust on the U.S., and when I bust back, 5 people start crying like I just loped off their mothers dome, then that is nothing but a bunch of crap.

Yazoo

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:18 am

Alpha 1
man, you sure are immature for someone who is over 36 like you. arguing with someone who is not even 20 !

and what is it with bringing all those guys to fight, all of them are african-americans, that makes you look like a white trash.

I've personally met takkyu at MSP and he's a very nice guy. ok he looks like the typical frenchie, but nevertheless fun to hang out with.

you guys should stop the euro bashing.

Yaz@MSP
Purple Pride!

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:19 am

KROC, wouldn't you love to see Takkayu's face when my fivesome walked up to any fivesome he could muster? It'd be a Priceless Kodak Moment!!

Klaus

Kroc

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:20 am

If you ever uttered anything else about France than just the same old prejudice all over it would be a lot more believable to be meant as a "joke", however tasteless. Dislike or despise whomever you want; Just don´t expect to be praised for a narrow mind.

radarbeam

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:37 am

Here's a personal opinion, you may agree or disagree, i don't care

I was born and raised in the northern part of France up to the summer of 96 when I moved permanently to Canada. This was a big change in my little lifestyle, but after 6 years of living here in CanadaI can say I love the life here 100 times better. Of course I still go to France on vacation, but I would not be able to redo my life there. I feel so much freedom here than in France.

Now, France do have positive aspects too, and those bashing it for it's actions during WWII don't forget about the French Resistance, which my grandfather was a member of.

Radarbeam

KROC

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:44 am

Hey Klaus, let me expand my horizons. I see your in Germany. Let me assume you are German. Hell, it's basically your fault this arguement is taking place in the first place. If your country didn't try and dominate the world a couple a times, France would never have needed to be bailed out of trouble.

Alpha1. I would definitely love to see that. Ohn and Yazoo , how does picking 5 African-Americans make Alpha1 White Trash? They are still Americans. Oh, and last time I checked genius, Jose Canseco was Cuban-American. If you want some White Boy's tossed into the mix, here ya go.

Mark McGuire
Kyle Turley
Bill Goldberg
Chris Chelios
-Hell, any number of American Hockey Defensemen_

Do you feel better now, or does this make me racist...because I only picked white people?

McRingRing

Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:58 am

I'd like to add Chad Thomas to KROC's list. He's the crackerist mofo this side of Grand Rapids. Gonna smack the duece-duece upside your beret-wearing dome frenchie!
B==============) ~~~~

Alpha 1

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:18 am

Alpha 1
man, you sure are immature for someone who is over 36 like you. arguing with someone who is not even 20 !

Gee, is there some rule on here, Yazoo, that says I can't discuss thing with someone of a certain age? Boy, that's mature of you, Yazoo.

and what is it with bringing all those guys to fight, all of them are african-americans, that makes you look like a white trash.

ROTFL. How does that make ME look like white trash? I think it makes you look like that for even worrying what color the 5 guys I mentioned are. Talk about immature.

And so you've met him. Good for you. He has a good reference on here. Yippie! Maybe he should just stop his US-trashing. LOL

Cyril B

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:39 am

I think this kind of debate have no reasons to be anymore.

France is a great country, and there's only a few american extremists to tell the contrary.

WWII: it happened more than 60 years ago! What's the problem now?
In Europe, the french and the germans don't hate each other anymore despite 3 wars, because it happened a long time ago! Whats the problem for americans?
It's time to look forward, not backward.

Moreover, we french don't have to be ashamed of what happened during WWII. Our political class were obviously weak, but our people faced occupation with courage.
The french resistance is not a myth, and it played a great role during the war. Don't forget the FFI and FFL, who fought during five years for the free France.
Like the american and british soldiers who came to france to liberate western europe, they deserve respect. Telling they were cowards is just a mark of ignorance.

Takkyu_Ishino

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:45 am

the few stupid american like Alpha and KROC just make the whole america looks bad. despite the majority of american are friendly and nice people.
like cyril said, what's the point of bringing history to this thread? do yousee me bringing slavery to this thread and say that american are such racisdt people just because they had slaves some 150 years ago ?

Nik

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:47 am

"You better hope Nik shows up..."

I'm not going to take part in this thread. The discussion yesterday was not appreciated by our moderators...
I don't understand why this thread hasn't been archived too, though.

LH423

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:47 am

This post has been recommended for removal. Goodbye!

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

McRingRing

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:49 am

Takkyu_Ishino: you ain't doing your country any favors. But or course rather than rationalizing, you call people names. The mark of a genius!
B==============) ~~~~

Takkyu_Ishino

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:50 am

Thank you LH423, that's the only solution that i see to this nonsense comments.

bambicruz

Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:59 am

I Don`t have anything against the french people, in the contrary, I think they are very nice people. I understand that the vichy government were coawrds but then again, it`s history...
France is a great country, It`s the country of human rights. and by the way, they gave the statue of liberty to america, so I don't see why you guys don't like each other, I always thought france and the USA were very good friends.
F*** Me Im Famous!