ly772

Looking For A Airliners.net Alternative

Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:00 pm

As stated in the title, I am looking for an alternative to A.net because I don't feel that I fit in here. I will be honest and say that I plan to leave within the next two months unless I convince myself that I am wanted/needed here and that it is better here than another place. That other place, is what I need. Are there any sites that are Aviation-related and have Forums?

THANKS,
LY772

Arsenal@LHR

RE: Looking For A Airliners.net Alternative

Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:22 pm

I don't know of any alternatives to a.net, but, why do you want to leave? Don't u like aviation?

I'd say stay and hang in there, there aren't many better places on the web than a.net.

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

ly772

Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:25 pm

Well the Non-Av Forum has gone to hell - the Military an Hobby aren't that good and the Civ Av - well it's okay, but the rest is bad. Plus, I think it's better for the site if a contreversial user like me leaves...

Marco

Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:26 pm

Flyertalk is a good alternative.

FT

Proud to be an Assyrian!

roguetrader

Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:41 pm

I agree with you, if you don't like it, you should leave.

But please don't go fishing around for people to beg you to stay. "No one loves me, I'm going to leave unless you people tell me I'm a wanted person of the community."

kind regards,

RogueTrader

LHMark

Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:24 am

Jeez, it's the best aviation pic database on the web. It's new everyday, it's a personal aviation encyclopedia.

Why worry about fitting in? Look at the pictures.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Airbus_A340

Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:38 am

I now see the reason why LY772 wants to leave, just look at you guys, you are a discrace to the forum, using discraceful language and treating other peoepl like dirt.

He was asking for an alternative, not for you to beg for him to stay.
Trevor
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

777236ER

Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:52 am

Ok, let me rephrase it in language that doesn't upset some of you. LY -- no one's gonna beg you to stay. People won't be crying because you've said this (or if ANYONE said this), and you're probably not going to be missed. It's clear that you want us to beg you to stay.

I will be honest and say that I plan to leave within the next two months unless I convince myself that I am wanted/needed here and that it is better here than another place.

It IS better than other places. If you don't think so, fine, see what they're like. Yeah, we argue on forums, but isn't that what they're for?! Just because a lot of people don't like your views doesn't mean that the forums have gone to hell.

You're not needed here LY. It'd be nice for you to stay because the more the merrier. Different views make this place fun. But if you go most people won't care.

Finally, asking for alternatives on the forums?! If someone think my use of The Word Of All Evil is bad, then surely asking for alternatives to this site ON THE FORUMS is just as disgraceful.

Once again: no one's forcing you to be here.
Your bone's got a little machine

EGGD

Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:26 am

There are loads of forums that are better than this.

Airdisaster.com have got a good one, pprune.com also, then there is theaviationforum.com is good for a laugh...

IndianGuy

Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:31 am

My advice to you LY772:Take a break, mebbe a month. And i am sure u will want to return.

Everyone has his or her share of problems. And there are times when we get the feeling that *we dont fit in*. But do u want to fit in? Can u make the effort to fit in?

- Roy