galaxy5

Deffinate Ties To Arafat And Terrorism Released

Fri May 03, 2002 9:08 pm

Captured Palestinian leader Marwan Barghouti has told Israeli interrogators that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat personally approved weapons funding for attacks against Israelis, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office said Thursday.

Palestinian officials contacted by The Associated Press refused to comment on the report. In the past, they have consistently denied that Arafat approved attacks against Israelis, citing his denunciations of attacks against civilians on both sides.

Barghouti, 41, captured in the West Bank town of Ramallah on April 15, is the highest ranking Palestinian leader to be taken into custody during Israel's recent sweep through the West Bank.

"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

ryanb741

RE: Deffinate Ties To Arafat And Terrorism Released

Fri May 03, 2002 9:13 pm

And it has also been disclosed that President Bush authorised funds to go towards weapons used to fight the aggressors who crashed 4 planes on September 11th. What is your point?

I'm no pro Israeli or pro-Palestinian, but everybody seems to be getting so upset about a nation's right to defend itself. And that applies to both Israel and Palestine. Please can everyone just grow up, read some books, learn about what is really going on and then form a logical, rational opinion instead of the 'so and so did this' and 'so and so said that' which constitutes about 90% of the arguments on here.....
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Fri May 03, 2002 9:23 pm

Given the methods of torture used by the Israelis, I'm quite sure that you'd admit to being Ariel Sharon if that's what your interrogators wanted, Galaxy5!

The Israelis are occupying the Palestinian's homeland. They are therefore perfectly entitled to defend themselves - or attack their oppressors - in an effort to remove them from that homeland. The resistance forces did it against the Germans during the Second World War; and various liberation organisations attacked their colonial powers subsequently.

Those who live by the sword...

ryanb741

Fri May 03, 2002 9:29 pm

Adding to that - BOTH sides are entitled to defend themselves. Suicide bombings are the only way the Palestinians can do so in the light of Israeli Military power, and icursions into Palestinian cities is the only way the Israelis can stop the suicide bombings.

I'm sure you may well have noted a vicious circle in all of this however, so maybe it is time to have people who are actually interested in peace in control. I don't believe that would apply to either Arafat or Sharon though. Oh why oh why did Yitzhak Rabin have to die? He was a man of great strength and courage (far more than Sharon and Arafat) and we would have had a great chance of peace if he still was alive.  Sad
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

jwenting

Fri May 03, 2002 10:02 pm

Rabin would have done anything the PLO demanded, including the complete destruction of Israel, had he not died.
Sharon knows the PLO won't stop at anything short of the elimination of all other religions from the Holy Land, and will do what is in his power to prevent that from happening.

There can be no peace as long as a single Jew is alive in the world, it is now well understood that that is what groups like the PLO and it's subsidiairies are striving for and won't stop until it has been achieved.
I wish I were flying

Fri May 03, 2002 10:29 pm

Rabin was a man of great strength and courage (far more than Sharon and Arafat) and we would have had a great chance of peace if he still was alive.

- The chances wouldn't have been better than what they were with Barak...!! Barak adopted the same policies and attitudes as Rabin ; he was btw Rabin's "legacy" to the Israeli political life...

Many analysts believe that Rabin wouldn't have gone as far as Barak in Taba 2000... At least as long as Arafat will be in place there won't be ANY chance of achieving peace.

Please can everyone just grow up, read some books, learn about what is really going on and then form a logical, rational opinion

- Yeah, indeed...and you could be among the first ones to apply this bright counsel to yourself...!
To compare the orders given by President Bush to retaliate and to fight an evil terrorist group with the orders given by Arafat to blow up hundreds of innocent Israeli children, teens, women and men is so disgusting...I can't even believe it!!

Concerning the so-called "self defense suicide bombings"... since when is it LEGITIMATE and ACCEPTABLE to willfully target innocent civilians?? to deliberately blow up children, teens and entire families?? to willfully shoot infants??

And the same members here are pleading for the "human rights"...?????

And another point : this so-called "self-defense" suicide terrorism has begun WITH the peace process...And the latest wave was launched by Arafat after he had categorically refused all what he had claimed during 8 years of peace process...

Alpha 1

Fri May 03, 2002 10:41 pm

And it has also been disclosed that President Bush authorised funds to go towards weapons used to fight the aggressors who crashed 4 planes on September 11th. What is your point?

One difference, Ryan: President Bush let the whole world know he was doing that. Yassir Arafat, the lying, two-faced son of a bitch that he is, has never admitted supporting the suicide bombings, even though most of the world is smart enough to figure out who was helping to fund these attacks. That's the point.

I'm no pro Israeli or pro-Palestinian, but everybody seems to be getting so upset about a nation's right to defend itself.

LOL. That's a hoot. You're as pro-Palestinian on here as anyone else. And what about Israel's right to defending itself? I read the other post where you said they have the right to do so, but it's funny that you had to come back and correct yourself. Had you REALLY felt Israel had the right to defend itself you would have said so in the first place.

I'm no pro Israeli or pro-Palestinian, but everybody seems to be getting so upset about a nation's right to defend itself.

Torture, SAS23. ROTFL. Torture? Now you define Israel defending itself as "torture"? Uh, what about the "torture" of blowing up a bunch of people? Wait, it get's better....

The Israelis are occupying the Palestinian's homeland. They are therefore perfectly entitled to defend themselves - or attack their oppressors - in an effort to remove them from that homeland. The resistance forces did it against the Germans during the Second World War; and various liberation organisations attacked their colonial powers subsequently.

Did you hear that folks? Let SAS23's own words hang himself-he has come out and publically SUPPORTED the terror campaign against Israel. To him, blowing up civilians is PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE. Don't yell at me for pointing out what he said. It's there, in black and white.

And, again, SAS23, the Resistance against Germany between 1940-1944 concentrated on THE GERMAN MILITARY. The "resistance" as you call it-I call it terrorism myself-against Israel is concentrated ON ISRAELI CITIZENS. There's a HUGE difference. But, hey, you support that don't you? You can't deny it now, because your own words proclaim your support for terror and your wish for the destruction of Israel.

Those who live by the sword...

Yes, the Arabs have lived by the sword for 50 years now, haven't they? And what has it got them? Their butts kicked in war after war; their policies as nations chained to this lost cause of destroying Israel; their people poisoned by sick minds like OBL who bastardize their religion. Maybe one day soon, the Arabs will learn that the sword is not the answer, but I wouldn't bet on it. They haven't wizened up in 50 years.

NUAir

Fri May 03, 2002 11:08 pm

Going back to the original article I still dont see where the deffinate ties are that Arafat is a terrorist.. If your being held in a church by your enemies who are shooting at anything that moves I think a few guns to defend yourself would be more of a protective measure.

I think this post is misleading and should be deleated.
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

Hepkat

Fri May 03, 2002 11:20 pm

You know, I don't see what the fuss is all about. The Israelis are armed to the teeth with superior billion dollar weapons. What do we expect the Palestinians to do, roll over and play dead? Of course they're going to arm themselves! It's only fair.

I'm not saying terrorism is okay, but you can't expect the weaker player not to defend himself.

Alpha 1

Fri May 03, 2002 11:21 pm

Going back to the original article I still dont see where the deffinate ties are that Arafat is a terrorist..

You're joking, NUAir, right? I mean, maybe it's the fact that he lead a terrorists organization, that's top priority for years was the destruction if Israel might tip you off? Maybe the fact that in Arabic he's still calling for war against Israel might tip you off? Good God, you can't be THAT blind?

I think this post is misleading and should be deleated.

ROTFL. MISLEADING? It's right on the money!! It's more accurate that 90% of the crap being posted by the pro-Palestinian fans on this forum. There's no basis for it to be deleted except for maybe the fact is you support this murder or something, perhaps?

ryanb741

Fri May 03, 2002 11:24 pm

Interesting that I say pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli things in the same statement, and yet two members decide to jump on me citing only the pro-palestinian elements as irrefutable proof of my evilness!!!

Not being pro-Israeli doesn't by default make someone a terrorist supporter!!!
It is possible to be neutral you know  Wink/being sarcastic

Alpha 1

Fri May 03, 2002 11:28 pm

You know, I don't see what the fuss is all about. The Israelis are armed to the teeth with superior billion dollar weapons. What do we expect the Palestinians to do, roll over and play dead? Of course they're going to arm themselves! It's only fair.

I'm not saying terrorism is okay, but you can't expect the weaker player not to defend himself.

You hypocrite, Hepkat! YOU ARE saying that terrorism is OK! "Of course they're going to arm themselves". That's pretty clear to me.

The fuss, Hepkat is that this bastard Arafat, has been lying through his teeth to the world for years now, about wanting peace and co-existence. And he's been lying about his involvement with these murderers that have wreacked havoc on Israeli citizens.

God, left to some of you people, the world would be run by guys like Arafat! It's amazing!

ryanb741

Fri May 03, 2002 11:32 pm

Riiiight.... So Sharon would make the ideal world leader then  Yeah sure

Alpha 1

Fri May 03, 2002 11:34 pm

Wrooong, Ryanb741. As I've said before-and as many of you have conveniently ignored-Sharon is part of the problem, and there'll never be a solution with this yahoo in office.

Sat May 04, 2002 12:32 am

Here's your post, Ryan :

I'm no pro Israeli or pro-Palestinian, but everybody seems to be getting so upset about a nation's right to defend itself. And that applies to both Israel and Palestine. Please can everyone just grow up, read some books, learn about what is really going on and then form a logical, rational opinion instead of the 'so and so did this' and 'so and so said that' which constitutes about 90% of the arguments on here.....

To blow up children and their families eating in a pizzeria is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To shoot a 5-years old girl in her bed is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To massacre 29 Jews during a religious ceremony is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To blow up restaurants full of innocent civilians, annihilating entire families, is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" (you should particularly explain this to 2 women who lost their husband and both children in the Haifa Matza restaurant) ?!!

To blow up 11 young people peacefully seated in a café is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To massacre 22 youngsters in front of a discotheque is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To blow up busses, restaurants, shopping centers, markets, synagogues...by sending youg suicide bombers is part of a "nation's right to defend itself" ?!!

To willfully murder over 460 persons in 18 months, just after a viable peace proposal had been made... is surely the concept of a "nation's right to defend itself"

Well, all this is NOT part of a "nation's right to defend itself"! It is barbarism, nothing less.

And,

to compare the orders given by President Bush to retaliate and to fight an evil terrorist group with the orders given by Arafat to blow up hundreds of innocent Israeli children, teens, women and men is so disgusting...it stinks!

Sat May 04, 2002 1:10 am

Toda are you so mind-blowingly stupid as that? Read my post again. The words 'Both', 'Palestine', 'Israel', 'and' should come to your attention.

Precisely! The word "both" IS the problem, and it was clearly stated why in my post... you can read it again.

For you, President Bush's orders to annihilate the Al-Qaida threat are on the same level as Arafat's orders to murder hundreds of Israeli innocent civilians ; that's enough to understand your sickening conceptions of the situation...

Do you really think that the occupation of Palestine has nothing to do with the intifadas

Yes, the occupation "OF PALESTINE" is the problem, because in the Palestinians' eyes, "Palestine" is the entire region between the Jordan river and the Mediterranean sea ; this means that the problem is Israel's EXISTENCE, not its boundaries.

The suicide bombings BEGAN WITH the peace process, in the months following the Washington ceremony. This fact alone invalidates your bright theories...

ryanb741

Sat May 04, 2002 1:14 am

The suicide bombings are a detail. The Palestinians were angry way before. I don't doubt many of them pray for the destruction of Israel. However, I also recognise that people like Ze'evi, who was a MINISTER in the Israeli government advocated the expulsion of all Palestinians, calling them lica and 'cancer'.

With people like these on BOTH (let me spell it again...B-O-T-H) sides, are you surprised there is no peace?

Sat May 04, 2002 2:14 am

The suicide bombings are a detail.

erasmus

Sat May 04, 2002 2:25 am

Common everybody,
You're still on airliners.net, even if you're in the non-aviation forum.
I'm sure there are many much more convenient forums around where people love to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
I personally have a very clear opinion on this conflict,
but I'm not going to give it here on a.net
So maybe we should think of why we became members of a.net: a shared interest in planes and/or aviation.
Let's go back to discussing that!

Regards,
Erasmus

Sat May 04, 2002 3:12 am

THE SUICIDE BOMBINGS ARE A DETAIL.

Hundreds of Jews being slaughtered is a D E T A I L ! ! !  Pissed

To blindly murder INNOCENT JEWS is nothing more than A DETAIL !! Pissed

To massacre JEWS celebrating a sacred holyday is nothing more than a DETAIL !! Pissed

To make life impossible in the JEWISH State is nothing more than a DETAIL !! Pissed

To kill over 460 JEWS and ISRAELIS is reduced to a DETAIL !! Pissed

And you have the ultimate chutzpa of presenting yourself as "neither pro-Israeli, nor pro-Palestinian" ... but that's typical...

You know which level you've reached ? You are quoting, word for word, French extremist Jean-Marie Le Pen [What a honor !!]...  Pissed for whom the annihilation of 6 millions Jews is also reduced to that same hateful, disgusting and provocative expression : a "detail of history".

Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed Pissed

But 7 Palestinian civilians killed in a neighborhood where Palestinian terrorists had booby-trapped dozens of houses (and where 23 Israeli soldiers died)...is clearly NOT a "detail"...it's a HUGE massacre...a crime against humanity...plenty of war crimes...an atrocity...a carnage...the UN must investigate...and the whole world must condemn...and so on...

And...according to your intelligent "reasoning"...9-11 was an even more unsignificant DETAIL for America... because to be a DETAIL of the importance of the suicide bombings in Israel, there should have been over 20'000 dead on September 11...

You are really a despicable and detestable person.

tbar220

Sat May 04, 2002 3:49 am

SAS23,

Alpha 1, it's clear that you're as much as fascist as your hero, the war-criminal Ariel Sharon.

Calling Shraon a fascist, fine, whatever. But calling another use a fascist is blatant flaimbait. That post should be deleted as should the user, as noted by the rule at the top of the non-av forum.

Ryan,

Toda are you so mind-blowingly stupid as that?

Have people forgotten about the rule called "No Flaimbait"? Have you guys not noticed the little rule that's at the top of the non-av forum? This post should also be deleted.

I don't even care to argue with you folks anymore, just keep the crap out of the discussions, if they can even be called that anymore.

NO URLS in signature

tbar220

Sat May 04, 2002 3:50 am

Let's just refresh our memory here.

Blatant flamebaits = user removed without warning. This has to stop.

Where are the moderators now?
NO URLS in signature

Klaus

Sat May 04, 2002 6:06 am

Oh my; Can´t you be left alone for a minute!?!  Sad

Just remember: He who yells is wrong...

Alpha 1

Sat May 04, 2002 11:35 am

Alpha 1, it's clear that you're as much as fascist as your hero, the war-criminal Ariel Sharon.

ROTFLMAO!! You're so pathetic!! As I said, you're one who CONSTANTLY IGNORES what I'm saying. You had 40 minutes between my last post and when you posted that quote, so your ignorance isn't a defense. Read what I said: SHARON IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. HE'S A YAHOO. HE'S NOT HELPING MATTERS! HOW MANY TIMES TO I HAVE TO SAY IT!! Good God.

Arafat has moderated his position considerably since the 1970s, and he should be recognised and applauded for that.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You're joking!! He hasn't changed one iota, not one, since starting the PLO. He STILL is telling his people in Arabic to make war against Isarel! If you want to applaud that clown, what does that make you, SAS23. I know what it makes you.

As for your ridiculous claims that only military targets were attacked by the resistance; not only were any German civillians in the occupied countries considered 'fair game' but so were any local civilians that did business or fraternised with the occupying forces.

The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of German targets hit were military-OVERWHELMINGLY!!! So much for that. But again, you use it to justify terror and murder by those Arab terrorists your so in love with.

Why don't you just sack up, SAS23, and just ADMIT-ADMIT that you want to see Israel destroyed? Why don't you admit that you have NO PROBLEM with the murder of the Jewish people? Why don't you just come out and tell us that this is what you desire? You say it, proclaim it, wish it every day-but why aren't you man enough to just TELL US STRAIGHT OUT!!

Thanks for the laugh. After a tough night at work due to the Security Breach at CLE, it was just the tonic I needed!  Big thumbs up

Sat May 04, 2002 3:46 pm

Alpha1,

When did you meet Yassar Arafat?

VH-ADG

ryanb741

Sat May 04, 2002 4:51 pm

Toda

Oh dear oh dear. You really do jump to the bizarrest conclusions. By 'detail' I mean that the suicide bombings are the most recent manifestation of Palestinian anger and helplessness, not that they are irrelevant and that the deaths mean nothing. The fact that suicide bombings didn't occur previously does not mean that the Palestinians weren't aggrieved before. Understand now? Good.

Anyway, if you don't stop trying to turn every little thing I post around and portray me as some kind of Nazi I am going to make an official complaint about you. I find it exceedingly difficult to have any form of conversation when you just immaturely try to smear anybody who doesn't agree with you. So far on these forums you have called me sick, full of hatred, dispicable, mad, blind, frustrated and so on.

The gentleman doth protest too loudly methinks.....

Sat May 04, 2002 4:52 pm

Alpha 1 - you're a scream. I note that yet again you have deliberately avoided my point about every 'liberation organisation' post World War Two, which has regarded attacks on 'soft' targets as legitimate.

What I want to see is Israel honour its commitments to withdraw entirely - including the illegal settler communities that they built as a deliberate provocation to the Palestinians - from the Occupied Territories. Once that happens, I'd like to see the Palestinians honour their commitments to maintain peace with the Israelis.

The problem that you and your fellow-travellers have is that you want to see a 'final solution' for the Palestinians - you want to keep Jerusalem; and you want to keep the rest of the Occupied Territories and flood them with ultra-right wing settlers.

As long as that view prevails, there will be no peace in Israel.

Alpha 1

Sun May 05, 2002 12:10 am

The Dance of the Terrorst Lovers continues. Mercy.

Alpha1,

When did you meet Yassar Arafat?
-ADG

Typical of you, my dear. When confronted with something you don't like, you stoop to idiocy like this. Thanks for keeping up your reputation on here.

The gentleman doth protest too loudly methinks.....- Ryanb741

He protests no more than you, Ryan. And why is it that you always have to come on here and correct yourself, like when you said the bombings were a "detail". You're not that stupid, and you knew what the reaction it would have. And I do believe you just think of it as a "detail" given your views on this issue.

Alpha 1 - you're a scream. I note that yet again you have deliberately avoided my point about every 'liberation organisation' post World War Two, which has regarded attacks on 'soft' targets as legitimate. -SAS23

I haven't deliberately avoided anything, Herr SAS23. I disagreed with you, something I do quite often with you and your extremist views.

The problem that you and your fellow-travellers have is that you want to see a 'final solution' for the Palestinians - you want to keep Jerusalem; and you want to keep the rest of the Occupied Territories and flood them with ultra-right wing settlers.

You show me where any of me or my "fellow-travellers" have EVER demanded the liquidation of the Palestinians? Oh? Can't find it? I have, and never will, suggest such a thing, but I won't kiss the ass of these terrorists as you have, and give them ANY kind of legitimacy on behalf of the people they claim to represent.

Jeruselem-seems to me your friends want to keep it, too, so what do you do? Both sides want it, both ides can't have it, so make it an open city, under the auspices of The Vatican or the U.N, but it should belong to neither, if they can't make an agreement. Again, I've been saying that for a long time on here, but you've conveniently ingnored it.

As for the settlement, I've always agreed with that-they should be dismantled. That is a provocation that should have been stopped a long time ago. So much with the latest failed attack you've launched on me.

What I want to see is Israel honour its commitments to withdraw entirely - including the illegal settler communities that they built as a deliberate provocation to the Palestinians - from the Occupied Territories. Once that happens, I'd like to see the Palestinians honour their commitments to maintain peace with the Israelis. -SAS23

How come it's taken you THIS LONG to admit that Israel even has a right to exist? I find that amusing. But guess what, what you said there, I've been saying for a long time, you've been too blinded to notice it though, so it looks like we agree on something. Unfortunately, you have no problem achieving a peace at the expense of a lot of Jewish blood. I think otherwise.

Sun May 05, 2002 2:11 am

Ryan,

You really do jump to the bizarrest conclusions. By 'detail' I mean that the suicide bombings are the most recent manifestation of Palestinian anger and helplessness, not that they are irrelevant and that the deaths mean nothing.

YOU have one of the "bizarrest" way of expressing your thoughts...a very bad-faithed way... : you CLEARLY say something, and then you "explain" that it was not at all what you wanted to say... Yeah sure

"DETAIL" means "THE MOST RECENT" ; I'm happy to learn a new language...

Anyway, if you don't stop trying to turn every little thing I post around and portray me as some kind of Nazi I am going to make an official complaint about you. I find it exceedingly difficult to have any form of conversation when you just immaturely try to smear anybody who doesn't agree with you. So far on these forums you have called me sick, full of hatred, dispicable, mad, blind, frustrated and so on.

The gentleman doth protest too loudly methinks.....

- Bad faith seems to affect memory... You called me "worse than Hitler"...so that I really think you're not too Big grin well positioned to give me any kind of lesson...

But perhaps you want me to post the [hypocrite...] e-mail you had sent to me after your brilliant "worse-than-Hitler" insult...? It was on March 13...have you so quickly forgotten? Its subject was "An apology"...

777236ER

Sun May 05, 2002 2:21 am

Even Hitler didn't mis-use bold, italics and underlines quite as much "as" you, Toda

Big grin
Your bone's got a little machine

ryanb741

Sun May 05, 2002 3:27 am

Toda.....

I feel it is somewhat wearisome the amount of times I have to respond to your enormous jumps to conclusions.

The 'detail' as I explained before means it is irrelevant the METHODS used by Palestinians to attack Israelis. Is a suicide bombing that kills 10 worse than a car bomb that kills 10? No. Therefore, the 'detail' refers to the fact that the suicide bombings are merely the latest method the Palestinians use to kill Israelis. It was in direct response to your assertion that these suicide attacks started after the peace process - with the implication I believe on your part that the Palestinians werent aggrieved before this time, when in fact they have been since 1948.

As for my email to you in March, in apology for when I called you worse than Hitler before - that was a genuine apology for an atrocious statement I made out of anger, which once I had calmed down I realised was (a) untrue, and (b) highly offensive, especially in the context of your beliefs and the suffering of your ancestors at the hands of the Nazis. I stand by everything I said in my apology.

Calling Palestinian suicide attacks a 'detail' is not offensive at all if your take it in the context of how the sentence was written. But you seem to take perverse satisfaction in manipulation the words written by anyone whose opinion differs to yours, and making statements that those people are sick/evil etc. Your assertion was that I was belittling the suffering of Israelis at the hands of these attacks, and you called me 'despicable' etc. As this is clearly not what I stated in my post, I myself have taken great offense to this.

I'm not however holding my breath for an apology from you, which perhaps underlines the sort of person you might be.....

ryanb741

Sun May 05, 2002 3:40 am

Alpha 1:

He protests no more than you, Ryan. And why is it that you always have to come on here and correct yourself, like when you said the bombings were a "detail". You're not that stupid, and you knew what the reaction it would have. And I do believe you just think of it as a "detail" given your views on this issue.

Read my posts on this thread (the ones BEFORE the detail comment, PLUS the detail comment itself). After doing so, please tell me if you still believe what you have just said. I'm forgiving your comment for now because I accept you might not have had time to read through the whole thread before making your assertion, and that you might have posted without thinking first.

Sun May 05, 2002 3:50 am

Calling Palestinian suicide attacks a 'detail' is not offensive at all if your take it in the context of how the sentence was written.

I'm sorry, but calling these terrible massacres "a detail" is extremely offensive, in any context ; I hope you just used the wrong word. You seem to really not understand the meaning of the word "detail".

ryanb741

Sun May 05, 2002 3:55 am

I understand that the word 'detail' has been used previously, by Le Pen when discussiong the Holocaust, so I can see how you may have seen a link. But really I was pointing out that the WAY the attacks are being perpetrated is of no importance - the important factors are obviously a) that there are indeed attacks of any kind that lead to people killed and b) why the attacks are occuring.

Sun May 05, 2002 4:07 am

Yes, Le Pen used this word because he knew exactly its meaning...

I was pointing out that the WAY the attacks are being perpetrated is of no importance

I don't think it's of no importance ; to educate a whole generation with the idea that suicide bombers are the greatest martyrs and go to the highest spheres of paradise...is clearly not the way to achieve peace or to develop a healthy society...

the important factors are obviously a) that there are indeed attacks of any kind that lead to people killed and b) why the attacks are occuring.

the point a) doesn't mean anything...!

the point b) is rather a question than a factor ; and I guess we don't agree on these reasons behind this blind terrorism...

Sun May 05, 2002 7:04 am

Typical of you, my dear. When confronted with something you don't like, you stoop to idiocy like this. Thanks for keeping up your reputation on here.

I take that as a no. Would you now like to justify how you can so knowingly and confidently tell us what he thinks and what he can do?

Or are you just making it up as you do when you are dealing with me and the others in here who don't agree 100% with you?

Put bluntly Alpha1, you appear argue issues here based on nothing more than emotion and your own idea of what people are like. You judge us all by your own narrowminded, uneducation and intolerant attitudes. I don't believe that you understand others at all, I pity you.

VH-ADG

Alpha 1

Sun May 05, 2002 10:05 am

I'm forgiving your comment for now because I accept you might not have had time to read through the whole thread before making your assertion, and that you might have posted without thinking first.

Forgive ME? For what? For calling you on what you said? Forgive me, but you don't have anything to forgive me for, pal. LOL. I'll stand by my statement earlier-you knew PERFECTLY WELL what the use of that word "detail" would have. You meant it to trivialize, and I won't believe otherwise, Ryanb741. With your sad record on here for kissing Palestinian caboose, I won't change what I think about it.

captaingomes

Sun May 05, 2002 10:24 am

You guys are pathetic. All I see here are people taking simple words and statements and taking them to a much different level and as such implying for your own sake and arguments whatever you want them to imply. I could give countless examples from this thread alone, and it's disgusting. It seems as though you all can't have a normal conversation about something serious which is happening in the world today. Peace in the Middle East will never happen if the people in the area have attitudes similar to some of those portrayed right here in this thread. By calling other forum members all sorts of names as a result of a word, when these same forum members explained themselves well, shows lack of consideration.

"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster