NWA742
Topic Author

Palestinian Suicide Bomber Kills 10-16

Wed May 08, 2002 6:51 am

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/05/07/mideast.explosion/index.html

Suicide bombing kills at least 10 near Tel Aviv

TEL AVIV, Israel (CNN) -- A suicide bombing at a billiard hall Tuesday night killed at least 10 people and wounded dozens of others in the coastal town of Rishon Letzion, south of Tel Aviv, Israeli police said.

The blast caused the building's ceiling to collapse, trapping some people in the rubble, an Israeli ambulance service spokesman said. Israeli police said that 10 to 15 people were killed.

Emergency workers and at least 45 people were wounded, seven seriously.

The blast occurred at around 11 p.m. (4 p.m. EDT) at an entertainment complex in an industrial area of the city. The billiard hall targeted was popular with young people.

The last terrorist explosion in Israel was one that killed six people April 12 at an open air market in Jerusalem.

The explosion occurred as Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was meeting with U.S. President George W. Bush in Washington.

Not surprising, more terrorism from Palestine.

Now this thread should get interesting..........

NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

KROC

RE: Palestinian Suicide Bomber Kills 10-16

Wed May 08, 2002 6:54 am

NWA742. I am tired of our negative attitude towards Palestinians. THey obviously were set up in this instance, and in reality it is Israels fault.

***This is just a parody of the posts to come. Maybe people will read this, and say "hey, my post has already been posted!"

NWA742
Topic Author

Wed May 08, 2002 6:57 am

KROC, you couldn't be more right.

Another one is denying credibility of the news source.
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Klaus

Wed May 08, 2002 7:20 am

Maybe we should first and foremost mourn the victims.

There´s little doubt the (now dead) attacker was a palestinian. Just think of the possibility that there may be palestinians who haven´t been involved in this.

Maybe we can even skip the summary damnation of one and then of the other "side". Both kinds of fanatics must be stopped.

Above all, this is sad.  Sad

tbar220

Wed May 08, 2002 7:24 am

Good post Klaus. This is indeed another sad day in Israel, and I fear to see what people are going to post in response to this.
NO URLS in signature

777236ER

Wed May 08, 2002 7:27 am

What a stupid wanker. Not only does he kill innocent civilians but he makes it worse for his fellow countrymen! Israel won't just sit back and allow this -- Palestinians will suffer. Didn't he understand that?!
Your bone's got a little machine

tbar220

Wed May 08, 2002 7:27 am

Now reported that sixteen are reported dead, sixty are injured, and many still trapped in the rubble of the building.  Sad
NO URLS in signature

roguetrader

Wed May 08, 2002 7:28 am

Great post NWA747. If this doesn't prove that Israel is a harmless peace-loving billiard-playing nation, I don't know what will. Obviously, all Palestinians are jew hating terrorists who have no legitimate reason to be upset at Israel.

***This is just a parody of the posts to come. Maybe people will read this, and say "hey, my post has already been posted!"

kind regards,

RogueTrader

Boeing Nut

Wed May 08, 2002 7:29 am

I just wish that both sides would realize that if they keep up this "eye for an eye" bit they will be totally blind. I'm beginning to think they already are. I fear there will never be peace.  Sad God I hope I'm wrong.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

KROC

Wed May 08, 2002 7:31 am

Way to be original RogueTrader.  Yeah sure

It didn't take long for this latest suicide bombing to be turned around against Israel.

NWA742
Topic Author

Wed May 08, 2002 7:36 am

If this doesn't prove that Israel is a harmless peace-loving billiard-playing nation, I don't know what will. Obviously, all Palestinians are jew hating terrorists who have no legitimate reason to be upset at Israel.

And how does this post apply that Isreal is innocent and all PAlestinians are terrorists? Hmmmmmmm.

Wed May 08, 2002 7:47 am

Whilst this is a terrible, horrific thing to have occured, who really believed that the Israeli violence in Palestine would have resulted in anything BUT this outcome?

A terrible thing, but totally expected.

Might I also point out that Israel is a country involved in a war of it's own making, why aren't the people more concerned for their own safety? Seems to me that it's all business as usual, surely they should be taking some precautions for their own safety?

VH-ADG

roguetrader

Wed May 08, 2002 7:52 am

KROC,

How can anything on this thread be interpreted as against Israel? Except your comments?

If you are going to parody the typical pro-Palestinian view, a parody of the typical pro-Israeli view is in order.

I actually liked the idea and was hoping we could continue in this light: until KROC and NWA742 decided they couldn't handle what they themselves dish out.

NWA742, I assume you meant to say 'imply' instead of 'apply'? If so, thats exactly my point: it DOESN'T imply that "that Isreal is innocent and all PAlestinians are terrorists", but thats exactly the response the pro-Israeli side will normally post.

You had no trouble understanding KROC's parody because it made fun of the people you make fun of, but turn it around and it becomes unfair - or you don't understand it - or both.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

Alpha 1

Wed May 08, 2002 9:03 am

Whilst this is a terrible, horrific thing to have occured, who really believed that the Israeli violence in Palestine would have resulted in anything BUT this outcome?

ADG, this is why I have no respect for you. It's "horrific", yet you still find a way to blame Israel for the actions of these murders, yet when Israel goes to defend their people, you're appalled if one Palestinian gets killed. That is so pathetic.

The Palestinians are repsonsible for their own actions, and to pin it on Israel, agian, goes back to a desire by you and the wide-eyed Great Gullibles like you who only wish harm to the Israeli state and people.

This is a reminder to everyone that this is not a one-way street, that for all the shrill calls to reign in Isreal, there has to be an end to these sick and inhuman attacks.

Alpha 1

Wed May 08, 2002 9:08 am

What a stupid wanker. Not only does he kill innocent civilians but he makes it worse for his fellow countrymen! Israel won't just sit back and allow this -- Palestinians will suffer. Didn't he understand that?!

777236ER, it's a point I've been trying to make. He, and others like him understand it completely. He WANTS a response from Isarel.

I sincerely-SINCERELY believe that the majority of Palestinians are peaceful people; they want peace, they crave it, but there is a faction out there the wants one thing-call it what you will: war, chaos, instability, mayhem. They don't want peace at any cost, they want war. They want the destruction of Isarel. Even if Israel gave up everything in an agreement and got nothing in return, the attacks would not cease. But that seems ok with folks like ADG, obviously.

KROC

Wed May 08, 2002 9:26 am

RogueTrader:

If your post was only meant in jest, then I absolutly apologize. Thing is, based on your comments in several other threads, It's hard to actually take you as making a joke. My bad.

Klaus

Twaneedsnohelp

Wed May 08, 2002 9:54 am

Arrogance like that has more than once led to a deep downfall. And the cliff is crumbling already.

NWA742
Topic Author

Wed May 08, 2002 10:04 am

ADG,

I knew this would come from you. So this is only to be blamed on Isreal and the all the violence Isreal has caused, this has nothing to do with Palestine?

LOL

Wed May 08, 2002 10:19 am

Hey,
hmmmmm Isareli incursion=fewer attacks. Israelis pull out, and the savages @ al aqsa go back to their usual ways

Wed May 08, 2002 10:19 am

A for vagueness!

TNNH

Wed May 08, 2002 10:22 am

Twaneedsnohelp-
OOOOOOO I GO TO AN IVY LEAGUE YAYYYYYY ME. "AM I SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I GO TO AN IVY LEAGUE? OR DO I GO TO AN IVY LEAGUE BECAUSE I AM SMARTER THAN YOU?

No just kidding haha, where exactly, pray tell, do you go.

Wed May 08, 2002 10:27 am

sjc...
i only said ivy league as a way to lend myself some quick credibility for the much more important information below that. i need not an ego boost from my fellow airliners.

Wed May 08, 2002 10:28 am

it was intended as a joke

McRingRing

Wed May 08, 2002 11:00 am

mentioning ivy league does nothing but reduce your credibility. if you think you're so smart, you should be able to prove it with your response.

serious.
B==============) ~~~~

Wed May 08, 2002 11:06 am

no thats a valid point Mc.

However, I have neither the time nor the will to write a long enough response to fully exhibit my perceived inteligence. Additionally, as you may well know, on such a bitterly contested topic such as this I can write like Sartre for Israel, but those that disgaree with my content will do little to try and deduce my "smartness". Thats just human nature.

Another suggested way would be spelling everything properly and using clear and correct grammar, but thats indicative of little these days. tnnh.

McRingRing

Wed May 08, 2002 11:18 am

my perceived inteligence... indicative of little these days

Amen to that... intelligence...

But I don't think saying you are Einstein will make those people listen to what you're saying  Sad
B==============) ~~~~

zeus01

Wed May 08, 2002 11:30 am

Good to see this hasn't gotten to out of hand. I had stopped replying to these Israel-PLO posts since they were turning into pointless arguements, but this one is alright.

Its nice to see people who are not interested in blaming one side or another, except ADG and her Anti semetic views of course, but hey, no one likes her anyway.

Formost, I think people should be concerned about the people involved in the terrorist act and their families. Then worry about whos fault it is. Obviously, Palastine is gonna pay for it big time, but maybe if one side would stop, the other will to. But I doubt it.

roguetrader

Wed May 08, 2002 11:45 am

We need not waiste our time here

I agree, TWA, you shouldn't waste your time here.

Your post is right in saying you've got better things to do than argue about Israel. The rest of us will expect no future comment from you on this topic. If you do comment in the future, it means everything in your post is just typical nonsense - that you can't even follow your own sermons.

Continue please in your academic world, and preparing for your future role as a soldier in Israel's war againist the world.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

prosa

RE: Waht Does The Future Hold For America West?

Wed May 08, 2002 11:52 am

Rogue, ADG, 777..... I admire your enthusiasm against Israel. Fine. Want to change things? Get off Airliners.net and go to the streets, because frankly Tzvika, and Mine's side is winning. We've got the backers, we've got the fund-raisng, we've got the public opinion, and we've got the lobbying. We can rest, focus attention on our studies, prepare for the future, when it will be our turn.
The burden is on your side. You need to do the convincing now. We already have. We wanted US support for Israel, we got it. You want US support of Palestine or no support or whatever, fine go get it. You won't get it here.

I understand your point. Arguing on airliners.net or any other forum isn't going to change policy. But please understand that Americans who sympathize with the Palestinian cause have very little recourse. American support for Israel is basically carved in stone, for reasons I touched upon in a different thread. Forget Social Security - Israel is the true "third rail" of American politics. People who support or sympathize with the Palestinian cause can write their Congressmen, hold sit-ins, march in demonstrations and so on from now until Doomsday and they won't change American policies one iota. So please, understand that they may want to vent occasionally. It's all they can do.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

Wed May 08, 2002 11:54 am

"Continue please in your academic world, and preparing for your future role as a soldier in Israel's war againist the world. "

War against the world? I think you mean against savage terrorist beasts. No need to thank me, its all in a hard days work.

JetService

Wed May 08, 2002 11:59 am

"Some middle aged dog woman in Australia, a Texas computer geek, a washed-up Scottish pedophile, and a few young Europeans who spend too much time on their computers."

Twaneedsnohelp, thanks man. I was just in the process of updating my list. BTW, is 'Ivy-League Pussy' hyphenated or not??? Big grin
"Shaddap you!"

Alpha 1

Wed May 08, 2002 12:01 pm

ROTFLMAO JetService!! Oh, God, my sides are hurting lauging at that one!!!

Wed May 08, 2002 12:14 pm

Twaneedsnohelp, thanks man. I was just in the process of updating my list. BTW, is 'Ivy-League Pussy' hyphenated or not???

Haha, that was funny. I wasn't reffering to you though! I tend to think none of the phrase is hyphenated though.

preparing for your future role as a soldier in Israel's war againist the world.

Your clueless!  Laugh out loud

alaska739

Wed May 08, 2002 1:15 pm

There is one thing about the anti-Israel crowd's argument that I do not understand.

They say that "occupation" (which doesn't exist there) and "oppression" (which is obviously not the case) have "forced" the Palestinians to "retaliate" against Israel with terrorism.

The attacks have not stopped in the 54 years of Israeli independence. In 1948 a Jewish state and an Arab state existed side-by-side, Israel didn't have the West Bank. The Arabs wanted nothing but the destruction of the State of Israel then and want the same now. Whether Israel has the West Bank or not, the attacks will continue. It is undeniable.

Anyone giving you bullshit about "occupation" and "oppression" forcing the Palestinians to fight back out of "desperation" to preserve their "homeland" is either misinformed or trying to deceive you.
north dakota sucks.

Marco

Wed May 08, 2002 2:41 pm

ADG and her followers:

For once I would like you guys to put aside the politics involved and JUST criticize the suicide bombings. It is a HORRIBLE thing and it cannot be justified.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Wed May 08, 2002 4:20 pm

Well, as Arafat himself has said, one deplores the actions of the suicide bombers - but at the same time, one understands them fully. When you have nothing - as the Palestinians have, thanks to the ethnic cleansing policies of the Israelis from 1947 onwards - then you have nothing to lose.

Look at the arrogance of some of the pro-Zionist A.net lobby - they have stated in other threads that Palestinian women and little kids are fair targets "because with Palestinians you never know" - yet cry their crocodile tears when those same Palestinians retaliate for the murders of their innocent civilians.

The entire world - apart from the Zionist lobby plus Christian fundamentalist whackos in the States - is against the State of Israel because it sees how evil and corrupt the Israeli government is - and how much it has pulled the wool over the eyes of the naive isolationist US government.

And as a direct result of that policy of protecting this evil regime, the United States will continue to find itself a target for Islamic militants who - very understandably - link it to the murder and oppression of their brothers and sisters. In short, I fear that this support will lead at some point to the Third World War - or if you prefer, the Great Crusades.

The civilised nations of the world still have time to pull themselves back from the abyss by distancing themselves from the US and allowing them to withdraw from the international community, as they appear to wish to do. Certainly, they should not allow themselves to be linked to the current folly where the US wants to attack Iraq for no viable reason, without international mandate or tangible proof of any misdeeds on the part of the Iraqis.

Comprehensive sanctions against Israel NOW!

tbar220

Wed May 08, 2002 4:25 pm

The entire world - apart from the Zionist lobby plus Christian fundamentalist whackos in the States - is against the State of Israel because it sees how evil and corrupt the Israeli government is - and how much it has pulled the wool over the eyes of the naive isolationist US government.

Now we know you're true feelings. Not only do you hate Israel, support Palestinian terrorism, but you openly flame the U.S. Whackos? Naive? Sounds like flaiming to me. Of course, you're safe at your little desk overseas... Yeah sure

For once, just say that the act of the Palestinians, the suicide bombings, was bad, and deplorable. Can you do that?
NO URLS in signature

Marco

Wed May 08, 2002 4:33 pm

apart from the Zionist lobby plus Christian fundamentalist whackos in the States

At least those Christian fundamentalist whackos aren't crashing planes into buildings. Everyone's forgotten about that....

Proud to be an Assyrian!

Wed May 08, 2002 5:22 pm

against the State of Israel because it sees how evil and corrupt the Israeli government is

interesting how Israel-haters are continuously trying to present a perfect OPPOSITE from the reality...!

Palestinian "human bombs" massacre hundreds of Israeli civilians, most of them youngsters, but these monsters are NOT terrorists...rather "soldiers"!!

The Israel Defense Forces try to AVOID civilian casualties, exposing its own soldiers to deadly danger ; yet the Israeli soldiers are called "terrorists" ;

Most of the victims in Israel are innocent civilians, blown up while riding a bus, or while having lunch in a restaurant, or while shopping, or while celebrating a great Jewish holy day, or while celebrating a birthday; or shot while just walking in the street, travelling in their car or celebrating a religious ceremony
But...they are not "civilians" in the biased eyes of the Israel-haters ; all these innocent victims of blind Palestinian terror are "legitimate targets"...

In the mean time, most of the Palestinian victims are WANTED TERRORISTS, who committed or organized atrocities in Israel ; often, the liquidated terrorists were ON THEIR WAY to perpetrate a bombing...and EXPLOSIVE BELTS were found on their bodies (it was once more the case just a few days ago, with infiltrators from Egypt ; of course, these 2 have been added to the list of the "Palestinian victims of barbaric Israeli agressions against the Palestinian people").
But...all these terrorists are refered to as innocent Palestinian civilians... And when a Palestinian civilian is killed during a military operation against terrorist targets, the Israel-haters are prompt to condemn a so-called "deliberate crime of war"...

And with the "evil and corrupt Israeli gvt"...we have exactly the same phenomenon... There are few gvts in the world which are AS corrupt as the Palestinian authority...!! Billions of $ were injected into it, and yet, the economic situation of the Palestinians never improved, even in the so-called "good old days of the peace process" [when Israeli busses were exploding in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Afula, Hadera or Beit Lid...]. In the meantime, somptuous villas were built for the PA leadership, and Arafat's personal fortune is estimated at around 20 billions $!!
And for the evil... there is proof of direct involvement of the PA leadership in the organization of monstruous terror attacks against the Israeli population, just like the last one this night.

Wed May 08, 2002 5:46 pm

Marco ..

I dont' remember Tim McVeigh being a muslim, do you? Not was Martin Bryant, nor are the IRA.

VH-ADG

Wed May 08, 2002 5:58 pm

Tbar - you need to learn how to read. I said at the very start of my post "Well, as Arafat himself has said, one deplores the actions of the suicide bombers" Happy?

Marco, no they just blow up Federal buildings in places such as Oklahoma City.

Toda - how can the suicide bombers be soldiers if the Palestinians have no army? At best they are freedom fighters and at worst they are criminals. It's as simple as that. On the other hand, the Israeli troops are all terrorists - using your definition - since there are no military targets for them to attack in Palestine.

The Israelis might be targets for the Palestinians, but that's very understandable considering all that they have put them through. How would you like it if the boot was on the other foot - if you were herded out of your home at the point of a gun; if you saw your friends and relatives being murdered around you; if you were forced to live in squalor in small areas; if you were deprived of the right to work, to own property; if you had to carry documents identifying you as being 'different'; if you were at constant risk of having your house destroyed by military attacks or bulldozers; if you lived in constant fear of your life?

Want me to go into the many political scandals in Israel involving politicians on the take? No? Didn't think so! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Comprehensive sanctions against Israel NOW!

Wed May 08, 2002 6:32 pm

Toda - how can the suicide bombers be soldiers if the Palestinians have no army? On the other hand, the Israeli troops are all terrorists - using your definition - since there are no military targets for them to attack in Palestine.

- ...this (obviously) not MY definition...it was Sonic's definition in the other misleading thread started by you.

And you're right...there are no military targets for the Israelis to attack in the Palestinian territories...

it's obvious, there are only poor innocent civilians...

The Israelis might be targets for the Palestinians, but that's very understandable

- and you claim you're not condoning terrorism...(?)

if you saw your friends and relatives being murdered around you;

-...that's the terrible situation prevailing in Israel because of unceasing Palestinian bombings

if you were deprived of the right to work, to own property

- Israel is neither depriving the Palestinians of the right to work, nor of the right to own property...

if you had to carry documents identifying you as being 'different';

- Yes, it is well known : every Palestinian is dreaming to receive an...Israeli IC !

if you lived in constant fear of your life?

- Indeed...that's EXACTLY how the Israelis have to live, daily!

They fear riding a bus,

they fear to go in a restaurant,

they fear to enter in a shopping mall,

they fear walking in the street,

they fear boarding a plane,

they fear travelling by train,

they fear going to the cinema,

they fear going to the disco,

they fear staying in a hotel,

they fear seating in a café...

As you so well said, they "live in constant fear for their life" !

Marco

Wed May 08, 2002 7:05 pm

Marco, no they just blow up Federal buildings in places such as Oklahoma City

McVeigh wasn't a Christian fundamentalist  Insane

DUHHHHHH
Proud to be an Assyrian!

ryanb741

Wed May 08, 2002 7:49 pm

Some interesting posts on both sides. One opint I wanted to touch on was the one made by TWAneedsnohelp about US support for Israel.

Remember, an administration's support for Israel is based on the political benefits it gains from that. However, if sufficient pressure ends up being placed on the US (eg from the Middle East, EU, UN or whatever) then the US may be forced to rethink its policies becaue of the perceived political knock-on effect. Remember, Bush doesn't choose to do certain things solely because he believes it is the 'right' thing to do, as he always has the voters in mind, and regardless of US sympathy for Israel, it needs the Arab countries (oil) and the EU (trade) far more.

So whilst I believe the US will always have a positive outlook on Israel, I don't think it's unfeasible that the blank cheques may stop, especially as there seems to be a growing discontentment within the US about Israel. Not about the Israeli people themselves, but hardliners like Sharon and Netanyahu, who seem to ignore US requests for withdrawals and the cessation of expanding settlements. I think the ultra-right wingers ay prove to be Israel's undoing if they are not careful.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

LY744

Wed May 08, 2002 8:11 pm

It's quite interesting that the terrorists chose a club that was a favourite recreation place for Israeli Jews and Arabs alike as their target.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Wed May 08, 2002 8:18 pm

I sincerely-SINCERELY believe that the majority of Palestinians are peaceful people; they want peace, they crave it, but there is a faction out there the wants one thing-call it what you will: war, chaos, instability, mayhem. They don't want peace at any cost, they want war. They want the destruction of Isarel. Even if Israel gave up everything in an agreement and got nothing in return, the attacks would not cease. But that seems ok with folks like ADG, obviously.

EXACTLY! Big grin Best post that Alpha1 has ever written in his existence! Big grin

-Clovis

P.S. Serious!

ly772

Wed May 08, 2002 8:40 pm

Seriously, this is horrible. And this looks very bad for the Palestinians. Not only do they know that Israel is going to strike bad (and hard), it makes Arafat (who just came out of his office) look guilty. I personally do not think Arafat is a terrorist. I don't like him, but I don't think he's the one responsible for giving the attacks. I think he prevent them, but he doesn't start them.

artsyman

Wed May 08, 2002 10:12 pm

I do think that Arafat is a terrorist, he is almost a self proclaimed terrorist. I find it interesting that after that horrible blast last night, there was not one word of condemnation of the bombing from the UN or the EU, and they wonder why Israel doesn't trust them. As soon as Sharon mentions anything about retaliation or anything else they will be fighting over themselves again screaming for sanctions etc

Jer

777236ER

Wed May 08, 2002 10:46 pm

there was not one word of condemnation of the bombing from the UN or the EU

Every EU government has condemed the attacks. It's not within the scope of the UN to condem the attacks.
Your bone's got a little machine

artsyman

Wed May 08, 2002 11:06 pm

It's not within the scope of the UN to condem the attacks.

As I am not aware of the rules on this, I cannot argue with you, I have certainly seen them criticise Israel enough, why isnt it within their scope, could you explain to me please ?

Jeremy