aio86

Dr. Green Is Dead

Fri May 10, 2002 3:14 pm

Hey Everyone,

I just saw a really great episode of ER. I guess great isn't the best word, it was the last episode with Dr Green. He died. Boo hoo. It was sad. I know ER has been around for a while but I just started watching this past season and know I watch every week. It's a very good show. Next week General Hospital gets smallpox. Ahhh. Scary. Anyone else an ER fan? Anyone see the episode. Made me want to go to Hawaii.

-aio86

RE: Dr. Green Is Dead

Fri May 10, 2002 4:10 pm

...And so is ER. That's ok. They've both been on their way out for a while now.

'Speed

Fri May 10, 2002 4:22 pm

bloody hell!

... you ought to warn those of us in other countries that your posting SPOILERS ...

We're over a season behind you

:-(

VH-ADG

L-188

Fri May 10, 2002 4:27 pm

So we shouldn't tell you about the final scene where he gets hit by that train? With Elizabeth and his daughter in the next car behind him watching the whole thing then should we?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Fri May 10, 2002 8:33 pm

Nope ... but not to worry ... I don't watch it any more as it runs at the same time as Law & Order which is, IMO, a much better show.

VH-ADG

BNE

Fri May 10, 2002 10:18 pm

Before I opened the post I wondered who Dr Green was and then the only person celebrity or character I could think of was the Anthony Edwards from ER, damm, you should have used a better heading than that. Maybe I will put it up for deletion.

I am not sure if Australia is over a year behind. We just had Dr Benton leave so can someone tell me how far behind us Aussie are in the show.

Law and Order is also a good show, I hate when networks put the 2 good shows up against each other, I have enough trouble dragging myself away from the computer to watch TV, I guess that why they invented remotes and ad breaks.

Why fly non stop when you can connect

TNboy

Fri May 10, 2002 10:25 pm

BNE, you are a national disgrace! Australia is not a year behind America. It is a day ahead. Like, today is Friday night, while in America it's only Thursday. Get it right!!!
(Anyway, when I was in America in February, Niles hadn't even married Daphe Moon, so there! By the way, what does (R) mean in the American program guides?)
 Big grin
Cheers
Bill
"...every aircraft is subtly different.."

N202PA

Fri May 10, 2002 10:51 pm

With apologies to our international friends, it's not like you can't see this information commonly on the internet.

BNE, I think you guys are about halfway through the present season (season 8). Benton exited stage right in November, which was episode 167. Currently, we're on something like episode 178/179 here in the U.S.

Glenn

Sat May 11, 2002 6:11 am

What, Niles Marries Daphne

Damn, you spoiled it for me

Sat May 11, 2002 7:14 am

It's good form to put in a heading such as "ER- Spoiler" .. then those who choose NOT to pursue the forward information on shows can just ignore it.

VH-ADG

aio86

Sat May 11, 2002 9:51 am

Sorry to my international friends.

I didn't mean to spoil anything. I really didn't mean to do that, didn't even think of it. Well now you have something to look forward to, it's a good episode.

Besides Anthony Edwards' contract was up and it was made public that this was going to be his last season a while ago. Sorry to hear that you didn't get that info down there. Please forgive me and if this post is deleted, then my feelings won't be hurt.

-aio86

N202PA

Sat May 11, 2002 10:42 am

I don't see any reason why this thread should be deleted, aio86. As you say, that Edwards was leaving really has been common knowledge for some time now. And that Green was going to die has been all over the internet, too.

Thinking back to it, I really didn't like last night's episode very much at all. Too soulless, too heartless. The whole thing glossed over the fact that Green was literally going to die at the end of the episode. And why weren't we allowed to see more of the funeral? Do the writers think this is irrelevant to the viewers? Jeez, the series focuses on him for eight years, he dies, and all we get to see is a few tears? I really wish there was more of a focus on Green and Corday, and much less of a focus on Green and his daughter. The episode last night just made me despise her even more. Hopefully, she'll stay out of the plot from now on, but my better sense tells me that she'll be back to annoy Corday eventually.

fspilot747

Sat May 11, 2002 12:33 pm

I haven't missed one episode since freshman year. Its the only show (along with ALIAS) that I watch "religiously." I am so upset that Green died. He was like...THE doctor in the ER.. The show is going to be so dull without him. Really sucks.. Oh well, why did he leave anyways? Why didn't he just stay on longer, he wasn't getting old at all, in fact, he was probably the one doc that could stay on that show until the end, but the same goes for carter and abby, and benton. Wish benton didn't leave either.

-FSP

777236ER

Sat May 11, 2002 7:08 pm

HIS NAME IS MARK GREENE!!!! NOT "GREEN"!!!!!
Your bone's got a little machine

fspilot747

Sun May 12, 2002 1:08 am

lol your right, i forgot. not many of use are used to seeing his name in print though. Only time I see his name is when he's at his locker and the label reads" GREENE"

good call!

-FSP

yyz717

Sun May 12, 2002 1:13 am

TNBoy.....how DARE you spill the Niles/Daphne thing ahead of time. You're violating disclosure laws, you ignorant slut.

Laugh out loud
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

blink182

Sun May 12, 2002 1:36 am

I am an ER fan, but unfortunately I am not allowed to watch TV when I have school  Sad.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

N202PA

Sun May 12, 2002 9:22 am

Ouch. You're right, it *is* Greene. My mistake.

FordLover

Sun May 12, 2002 12:34 pm

For TNboy, the (R) denotes that the show is a repeat, or as we call them, "re-runs". But since I often fall asleep in the middle of ER, I depend on them to catch up over the summers.