JETPILOT
Topic Author

FBI's Previous Knowledge Of Sept 11th Attacks

Thu May 16, 2002 6:42 pm

A major governmental cover up as to knowledge preceding the Sept 11th attacks seems to be unfolding in the media.

It seems that the FBI had full knowledge of the activities planned for the destruction of the world trade center.

An FBI agent warned in an inter office memo that a terrorist attack on the WTC was likely using hijacked aircraft. Intelligence sources went on to name Usamma Bin Ladden as the mastermind behind this effort.

I can't imagine that the president wouldn't be made aware of such information as important as this to national security.

What's was left of my confidence in the American Government is gone.

We deserved what we got I'm deeply sorry to say. We really did.

We trust our lives and the security of this country to people who have failed us in a way unprecidented in history.

Terrorists like Usamma Bin Ladden are permited to to operate freely without hinderance pre September 11th.

Previous to September 11th he was simply a nuisance.

The sad thing.... things arent any difference now post Sept 11th......

Airport security is still a joke......

Our seaports are insecure...... whats to stop a terrorist organization from floating a nuclear or biological device into NY harbour....

We're vulnerable, our governmet is incapable of protecting us, and unfortunately there is more to come.

The hatred for America is apparent and growing stronger, and It's apparent the government doesn't know how to fight this kind of war.

JET

roguetrader

RE: FBI's Previous Knowledge Of Sept 11th Attacks

Thu May 16, 2002 6:47 pm

Jet,

There are numerous countries in the world who are not targeted by any serious terrorist threat, including many friends and allies of the USA.

The question, I think is:

What does the USA do that makes terrorists want to attack it?

There is only one answer: support Israel.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

L-188

Thu May 16, 2002 6:49 pm

JET...relax.....

You know that old saying...hindsight is 20/20.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 6:51 pm

And your point would be in relation to my post?

I didnt ask for commentary on why we are being targeted but simplly indicating previous government knowledge of the events to take place.

But thanks for the injection of purely imaterial information on this thread.

JET

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 6:52 pm

Thats not hindsight.... thats a governmental fuck up on an unimaginary scale.

My sister was in the building along with a close friend.....

JET

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 6:55 pm

Can anyone see the resemblance to Lockerbie here? It's the governments policy to do nothing in the case of terrorist threats.

History repeats itself.

JET

L-188

Thu May 16, 2002 6:57 pm

Are we thinking of the same storys Jet...

The one I read delt with some suspicions regardign Arab students at Embry-Riddle Prescott.

The other one was a story that a few weeks before, US Intellegence had information that was passed to the prez. that a hijacking against a US airliner was in planning stages. But there was no information as to when, or how. Only that Uncle Binnie may have been financing it.

Again I think there is a lot of hindsight analysis going on here.

roguetrader

Thu May 16, 2002 7:03 pm

Jetpilot,

How can you call the cause of the terrorism 'imaterial' as to why the US government can't seem to do anything about it?

Instead of trying to catch terrorists before they act, which it obviously can't, the government could address the reasons why there are terrorists to begin with.

You're implying we treat the symptoms, I suggest look at the central problem.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:04 pm

Quotes from NY Times...

"In August, an agent (FBI) speculated in notes, made when investigators sought to explain why Zacarias Moussaoui was enrolled in a Minnesota flight school, that he "might be planning to fly a plane into the World Trade Center," the newspaper said."

"Law enforcement officials told the Times on Tuesday "that when the memorandum was received electronically at bureau headquarters in late July, counterterrorism agents reviewed it. But they took no action on its central recommendation, which was to urge the bureau to compile information on the visa applications filled out by foreign students seeking admission to aviation schools."

"In a separate report, CBS Evening News said on Wednesday that in the weeks before Sept. 11 the daily intelligence briefing given to President Bush (news - web sites) "warned that an attack by Osama bin Laden could involve the hijacking of a U.S. aircraft". "

""Several lawmakers who have read the Phoenix memorandum described it as the most significant document to emerge in congressional inquiries into whether the government might have been warned about possible hijackings. Several senators said the letter represented a warning that went unheeded," the Times reported. "

This is what I'm discussing...

JET

L-188

Thu May 16, 2002 7:08 pm

Ok then....

Still I feel like we are going get as far talking about this as we would if we discussing if the US intel should have known the Japanese where steam for Pearl 60 years ago.

And I think we will end up in the same place.

roguetrader

Thu May 16, 2002 7:11 pm

I understand what you're saying. I'm suggesting you look deeper... Is it possible the government ALLOWED the terrorism to occur? Is it possible the government at least downplayed these obvious warning signs? Is it possible at least that the government should have taken a few more precautions than it acutally did?

I suggest that at least one of the answers to the above questions is 'yes' and that the government acted in a way that was in some degree negligent; all in furtherence of other, largely Middle East related, policy goals.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:12 pm

I dont understand why you insist on changing topics..... you do it alot.... I've noticed you like to voice your political opinions even where it isn't warranted.

This thread has nothing to do with the cause of terrorism.... Its about the governments cover up of prior knowledge? Do I really have to explain that to you?

Take your ideas and make your own thread... thats what the "start a net topic? button is for.

JET

KROC

Thu May 16, 2002 7:12 pm

Jetpilot. Don't believe everything you read, OR read into it too much. I am willing to bet my next paycheck, that things are not as cut and dry as your original thread starter.

L-188

Thu May 16, 2002 7:16 pm

Should Admiral Kimmel and General Short taken more precautions? Where they given sufficient warning of a possible attack? Did the Roosevelt allow Pearl Harbor to happen to give an excuse for America's entry into the way? Is it possible that Roosevelt downplayed the warnings that where received and sent to Hawaii?

Just insert the words/names, G.W. Dick, Uncle Bennie, WTC, New York as you see fit.

Like I said, these questions have been asked before and we will come to the same answers as before.

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:17 pm

My pint exactly L-188 Here we are again... but at least we let pearl harbour happen for a reason....

I can't imagine the government letting this happen....

The repurcussions of this WTC attack are 100,000 fold of what Pearl Harbour was.

I really think , and history has shown, that our way of dealing with terrorist threats is to ignore them as most of them probably arent creadible anyway.

It seems that is what happened here.

JET

roguetrader

Thu May 16, 2002 7:22 pm

This thread has nothing to do with the cause of terrorism.... Its about the governments cover up of prior knowledge?

Great, I'm pointing out what the result of this cover up is. The government's cover up of prior knowledge resulted in - and therefore is a partial cause of - terrorism.

So, you just want to say that knowledge is covered up, but don't want to ask: WHY it was covered up?

kind regards,

RogueTrader

L-188

Thu May 16, 2002 7:23 pm

JETPILOT...you are dealing with the feds here.

One thing that needs to be realized is that with the feds is that one hand will never talk to the other.

What you are seeing is several peices of info that where generated at different points in the government surface.

I would be very surprised that there is anybody in the goverment named Carnace the Magnificent.

roguetrader

Thu May 16, 2002 7:27 pm

I can't imagine the government letting this happen

I can imagine why: ask who benefits from a 'war against terror?'

Jet, you have no problem tolerating the often repeated possibility that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor so the US would get into WWII. But, you don't want me talking about why the government PERHAPS allowed the terrorism to occur? Or you just disagree with my views?

kind regards,

RogueTrader

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:29 pm

The Cover up is post september 11th !!!!!!!!

The cover up, which is obvious to me, is the president denying he had prior "specific" detailed knowledge of the WTC attack before it happened.

he is only claiming general knowledge that a hijacking may occur but had no sepecifics..... which of course is bullshit.

The FACT is the FBI had specific knowledge of who, and where. There's no question about that.

It's interesting that this info comes to light now with the upcomming hearings about the intelligence blunder that is being blamed for this event.

I dont think there was an intelligence blunder.. I think the president had full explicit knowledge.....

And what should he have done with that knowledge? Closed down the world trade center, and grounded all planes? NO

My specualtion is we dont know what to do.....

JET

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:35 pm

The fact that it was part of our plan to allow this to happen isnt a factor in my mind. I believe we played the odds and hoped it wouldn't have happened, or been foiled in the process.

The potential outcome could have been far worse....

The buildings could have toppled on lower manhattan, or even wallstreet... with wallstreet in ruins who knows what might have happened.

Pearl harbour was on a far smaller scale, and a military instalation fully capable of defending itself.

Different story....

JET

roguetrader

Thu May 16, 2002 7:36 pm

JET, ok I do understand that you're saying you're concerned about the post-September 11th cover up. I did not quite pinpoint as it being the post-event cover up that bothered you, I thought what bothered you was that they knew before hand and did nothing.

Still, I think it points to the same thing, but since my presence obviously bothers you and you invited me to leave, I will.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2002 7:39 pm

Both issues bother me.... one that the US doesnt know what to do with its own intelligence information, and two the ensuing cover up.... Any time it involves the commander in chief I worry !

I didn't invite you to leave. Just don't change the subject please.

JET

Hepkat

Thu May 16, 2002 11:52 pm

It has been widely reported, at least on CNN, that the FBI had ample prior warning before 9/11. In 1996, Phillipino police uncovered an elaborate plot by Muslim extremists to fly aircraft into the NYC skyscrapers. They interviewed the police superintendant that surpervised the bust. She told us how they ambushed the terrorists in their apartment and uncovered explicit documents, going into great details, including diagrams, how the act was to be carried out. The Phillipino authorities promptly contacted the FBI and handed over the documents and identities of those arrested. This was in 1996, and since then no more was ever heard of this until 9/11.

I'm not sure if this report made it to the U.S. media, but it was widely shown overseas. I speculate that the U.S. government was terribly embarassed at having had prior knowledge of this but still allowing it to happen. That's why immediate following the attack there was such a widescale propaganda war in an effort to shift the burden of responsibility. Sure, I'm not saying the 19 highjackers are in any way innocent, and I'm sure if you're determined to do something you'll eventually find a way to carry it out. But we really had no excuse for not being on the highest alert and ANTICIPATING this attack; no excuse whatsoever.

Arsenal@LHR

Fri May 17, 2002 12:55 am

If it's true that they KNEW about the attacks before they happened, then why didn't they do something?

But you could ask the question: What could they have done to prevent a terrorist attack like sep 11th?

Some questions need to be answered.

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

L-188

Fri May 17, 2002 1:01 am

Hepkat....That report came out right after the attacks. It was a plot to Hijack somthing like 11 or 12 transpacific flights at the same time.

That plan obviously didn't happen.

Hepkat

Fri May 17, 2002 1:26 am

L-188, the similarities of what they were planning and what actually happened are quite striking. Maybe in the 5 years or so since Phillipino authorities discovered the plot, they've had to change or rework a few of the details. Perhaps instead of hijacking 11 or 12 transpacific flights, they found it more feasible to hijack 4 domestic ones. The point is, the similarities were very striking and the FBI did not a damn thing about this report. They should have at least looked into it and had been able to anticipate it. Even the Russians had been warning us, for God's sakes!

Do you realise that the FBI & CIA, prior to 9/11 didn't even have enough agents capable of speaking Mid-East languages? All their agents were English speaking, white-bred all-American twinkies, who had to be totally dependent on Israeli or European intelligence.

flyf15

Fri May 17, 2002 2:55 am

I think that what got in the way of this happening could've been private interests. Remember that oil pipeline? Remember the ties between the Bin Laden's and the Bush's? Remember the Carlyle Group? There are so many secret agendas that could've been formed here that I'd go so far as to say that Dubya could've even helped out Bin Laden by "looking the other way." Hey, whats 3000 people you don't know out of 275,000,000 compared to quite a bit of money? Hopefully our president thinks that they're everything, but we all know money and the agendas that come with it talk.

Oh well, not my own little "the government is out to get me" conspiracy theory, just an alternative idea of what could be going on here.  Big thumbs up And no, I don't trust the government as a whole. They've shown way too many times that they will put money and private issues lightyears ahead of whats good for the public.

Jer32382

Fri May 17, 2002 3:01 am

Fly, saying GW helped out Bin Laden is quite possibly the most outragious thing I have ever heard. (quite an interesthing theory though) Don't go knocking Bush on this. It isn't his fault. The FBI screwed up just like any other govt agency has/does. Put yourself in W's shoes. The info they had was sketchy at best. You can't act on sketchy info. There wasn't enough to go on. BTW, what did Dickhead Gephart and Tom Dumbass Datschle have to say at the press conference? I missed it.

Fri May 17, 2002 3:05 am

I'm with JET 100%.

What I'm reading on CNN is making me sick.

Apparently the FBI had a ton of clues about what was going to happen and did nothing.

this thread has nothing to do with israel.

Last summer, President Bush received a warning bin Laden would attempt to hijack a US airliner. LAST SUMMER.

an FBI agent in Arizona was curious why so many Arab students were taking flying lessons and wondered if bin laden was invovled. GODDAMNIT, this sickens me where was our inteligence??

Very troubling indeed.

TNNH

Jer32382

Fri May 17, 2002 3:07 am

The feds need to take a serious look at revamping the FBI. This falls 100% on the director of the FBI, no one else.

Jer32382

Fri May 17, 2002 3:09 am

Twaneedsnohelp, try getting your info from another news media source. The Communist News Network just doesn't cut it. They tend to "glorify" things abit.

N863DA

Fri May 17, 2002 3:23 am

I hate to say this, but someone is sure to, eventually...
Churchill & Roosevelt both knew that Pearl Harbor was coming...

777236ER

Fri May 17, 2002 3:26 am

Firstly, who would have believed planes would be flown into buildings?

Secondly, how many other potential, more believable threats did the FBI and CIA receive?

Thirdly, what could they have done? Security couldn't be increase enough, not to mention that box cutters were allowed in carry on.

Hindsight rocks.
Your bone's got a little machine

GDB

Fri May 17, 2002 3:37 am

FDR may have known the Japanese were likely to go to war with the US, but I very much doubt that he imagined Pearl Harbour.
The US military were pretty dismissive of the capabilities of the Japanese carriers and their aircraft, some even commented that they could not be good pilots as all Japanese men wore glasses!
Some in the US Intel community may have had a hunch about the ultimate use of hi-jacked aircraft, I've heard that a popular Tom Clancy novel some years before had a hi-jacked 747 crashing into the White House?
But I doubt that anyone outside Al-Queda imagined the level and audacity of the Sept. 11th attacks.
But there were precedents, a few years before didn't Islamic extremists hi-jack an A310 intending to crash it into the Effiel Tower in Paris.
They must have had a refuelling stop, if memory serves me they were taken out when French commandos stormed the aircraft, though I'm unsure of the details.

FDXmech

Fri May 17, 2002 3:42 am

They knew a Pearl Harbor was coming in the respect of an attack somewhere, not neccessarily and probably not Pearl Harbor itself. FDR wouldn't risk preemptorily risk losing the war to get into a war with Japan, which at the time was a distinct possibility. It's difficult to objectively look at historical events with present day cynicism and preconcieved conspiracy theorys clouding our judgement.
You're only as good as your last departure.

JETPILOT
Topic Author

Fri May 17, 2002 3:53 am

Box cutters in carry ons? Who says? Wheres the proof of that?

From what I understand the boxcutters were placed in the aircraft from ground personell, and account for the reason AA, after a thorough search of their fleet after september 11th, found more hidden box cutters.

I don't think the FBI screwed up at all. And I think G Dubya had full knowledge... You expect the president to take the fall? Hell No.

JET

777236ER

Fri May 17, 2002 3:59 am

FAA regulations allowed box cutters in carry on. No carry on "got past" screeners on September 11th -- everything was legal.
Your bone's got a little machine

LJ

Fri May 17, 2002 4:16 am

You're right about the A310 (or A300). It was an Air France plane flying from Algiers to Paris Orly if I/m not mistaken and indeed the plan was to hit the Eifel tower

From http://www.basedn.freeserve.co.uk/restof.htm
"Four terrorists from the Algeria Islamic Group seized the jet in Algeria on Christmas Eve. Three passengers were killed and the terrorists shot. 33 other passengers injured, 3 crew injured and 9 gendarmes injured"

Regards
Laurens

advancedkid

Fri May 17, 2002 5:06 am

Hi there,
For the record,
One day, we will all know the story of fake terror,
lies/coverups and fake video tapes.
Here's how I see it.
It's all about oil and uranium rich Afghanistan
and how to set firm hands on these. To do so,
the holy US government had to establish enemies
in Afganistan.
A US oil company based in TX had tried since
the early 90s to get into the oil business in Afghanistan.
The deal involved a huge oil pipeline which the Taliban
refused. The Talibans turned their backs to the US
company and wanted to have a deal with a company in Argentina to exploit their oil.
Now those Talibans were the same guys, who back then in during the 80s went by the name Mujahideen
and with generous US help drove,the Russians out of their terrirory.
The Russians back then had same interests in Afghanistan. Gain control over oil and uranium resources.
Now all of a sudden, cause the Talibans rejected the deal with that TX-based and Bush-clan related oil company, the Talibans became bad guys and terrorists.
Their best friend Benny Laden, who at one time was the CIA' man in the area, is suddenly the worlds #1 terrorist.
Seems to me, the US gov was instructed to overthrow the Afghan Taliban regime with another US-friendly one so that theu can go back in business.
Now, none of the terrorist hijackers had been an Afghani or ever proven to have contacts with Afghanistan. Although , the 19 names the FBI came with
were all Muslims from either Saudi or Egypt.
However, the passenger lists of all four hijacked Boeings didn't include any Arabic or Muslim sounding names. Another mystery is that 7 of the 19 names of hijackers the FBI came with, have not even been in US
at the time of the attacks. They have been previously residing in the US though and had had flight training
in this country a few years earlier. Another Arab person,
whose ID had been faked by the terrorists so that the FBI would easily come accross, was already dead long before the attack on WTC. About the rest of the true
hijackers identities , we still cannot be 100percent sure.
Could it be the US government knew and knows
what really happened before hand? This is my guess.
My other scenario is even worse, but really I can't
trust the US gov any more with anything thing it tells us.
Regards,
Advanced

heavymetal

Fri May 17, 2002 6:13 am

Remember the Carlyle Group?

Remember? What force do you think is at the heart of the political fight to keep the outdated Crusader artillery system alive? The Carlyle Group positively reeks with using political influence to keep quiet its'
profiteering and shady agenda http://www.opensecrets.org/alerts/v6/alertv6_52.asp. It's an Enron that hasn't been caught.

Another thing people forget....George Bush is a product of Big Oil. Before September 11th, Big Oil was so desperate to get an alternative Caspian Sea pipeline going through Afghanistan that they actually had discussions with the Taliban government http://news6.thdo.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/analysis/newsid_16000/16777.stm .....

Does this mean Dubya clenched his teeth and allowed 9/11 to happen? Personally, I don't think so.

Does this mean there are massive forces with America's best interest very low on their list of priorities at work in the Bush Aministration? So low that American lives and safety are secondary to huge profits? I think it does.

GRZ-AIR

Fri May 17, 2002 6:28 am

If its true that they knew :

"Thats not hindsight.... thats a governmental fuck up on an unimaginary scale."

then Jetpilot said it all!!!!

When I joined A.net it was still free, haha ;).

LufthansaUSA

Fri May 17, 2002 6:31 am

"he is only claiming general knowledge that a hijacking may occur but had no sepecifics..... which of course is bullshit"-Jetpilot

Since when do you have inside info to the President and the info he receives? Just wondering, because yout argument is bullshit, unless you have a source better than the sensation-prone media.

KAL_LM

Fri May 17, 2002 7:33 am

Just as soon as the mainstream media admits GWB "knew" about the possibility or inevitablitiy of attacks they retracted the statements
see:
http://www.salon.com/politics/wire/2002/05/15/bush_warned/index.html then
http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2002/05/16/downplays/index.html...and then the stuff really starts to fit the fan: http://www.salon.com/politics/wire/2002/05/16/hearing/index.html...and the White House again spins it...
http://www.salon.com/politics/wire/2002/05/16/rice/index.html

There is so much that the mainstream media has not even touched on that it makes me sick. Here's a couple of things:
Bush Sr./Bin Laden Family connections
Carlyle Group and the Executive Branch (a who's who...)
Oil Piplines, UNOCAL and the Taliban
No Scrambled Fighters on 9-11 vs Payne Stewart's Lear Jet Incident

There's so much out there that if nothing more makes on question what is being told to us.

Check out these lonks for info on the above:
From The Wilderness http://www.copvcia.com
Indymedia http://portland.indymedia.org/9.11

As for Pearl Harbor...yes, FDR knew about it, no, he wouldn't want to stop it, and yes he sacrificed hundreds to get the US into WWII. It's funny how history has a tendency to repeat itself...

Just my humble opinions...

regards,
Tom
is that a light at the end of the tunnel or just a train?

Hepkat

Fri May 17, 2002 8:29 am

Well, I saw an ABC Nightline special a few weeks ago that was VERY damming to the current administration. They uncovered how Big Oil was in league with the Bush administration to build a pipeline through Afghanistan, the now infamous courting of the Taliban by Big Oil, and how sanctions were quietly lifted on many former Soviet republics in order that the U.S. could gain their support, and most importantly, use of their airspace and airfields to fight this "war on terrorism". By the end of the report, it was crystal clear that this "war on terrorism" was nothing more than a farce.

HUS9746

Fri May 17, 2002 8:48 am

Look, the US knew that it was going to hapeen because it set the whole thing up (ie attacks on the WTC) because it wanted world domination.

I know people are going to thing I'm crazy, but you got to look at the facts very carefully, whe happend to the hijackers when they came into the country, how did the fbi know that people that these people were up to no good.

Here's one final point, where is the voice cockpit recoders of the AA flight the crashed into the pentegon and the AA 767's (atta's plane) Black box. Ok if they not found at least make the recordings of the air traffic controler and American Airlines 767 be made public?

I thing alot more coming out in next couple of next months, because there is somthing about that is missing? Don't you thing so!

Jer32382

Fri May 17, 2002 9:06 am

HUS, you're talking privilages have been revoked.

flying_phoenix

Fri May 17, 2002 9:11 am

'we deserved what we got, i'm deeply sorry to say. we really did.'
'JETPILOT'
-Of course you are entitled to your own opinion. i must say i believe American politics, the attitude and outlook of the Government, its priorities and its amount of responsibility towards American citizens is all a shambles. However i must add, that when you speak of 'we' deserving everything we got, do you speak collectively including families of the civilians who were killed most of whom cannotbe blamed for the ways of the American government? Yes the U.S was damaged, people grieved nationally, and anger driving the terrosists to their actions can be understood, but despite all this who was it that really suffered? who was it that paid the price (the price that 'we deserved'). i think you are in no place to judge how 'we' got what 'we' deserved when it was not us who paid the true consequences.

well enough on arguing that. in relation to the topic itself, i know not whether the government had precise knowledge regarding the impending terroist attacks. however i do know that security was distinctly lacking, especially for a buliding that had already once been the target for a terrorist attack. the american governmant was harshly awakened from its blissful ignorance on Sept 11th, and forced to realise the extent of the hatred towards the u.s, yet it has failed to understand the causes of this hatred. With regards to security, the government was blatantly irresponsible. I know airport security was minimal, it was somewhat pathetic, in fact it was a shambles; i thought that it was before the attacks, i thought it was the day of the attacks, and nothing has changed- i still think it is now.

b757300

Fri May 17, 2002 9:12 am

I would get a big laugh out of this but it makes me sad to see people making fools out of themselves.

Many of you have been calling G.W. Bush the biggest idiot to ever be President even since he won the election. Now you are saying he is responsible for the biggest conspiracy and coverup of all time.

I really wish ya'll would get your stories straight.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

flight152

Fri May 17, 2002 9:27 am

"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it--and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.

And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

-John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address

FDXmech

Fri May 17, 2002 9:28 am

As for Pearl Harbor...yes, FDR knew about it, no, he wouldn't want to stop it, and yes he sacrificed hundreds to get the US into WWII. It's funny how history has a tendency to repeat itself...

Don't you think we still would have declared war on Japan if the Army/Navy were more successful in repelling the attack?

Hundreds didn't die but thousands.

On a more calculating level, the major part of the U.S Pacific fleet was sunk or put out of commission. This putting Hawaii in grave peril of falling to Japan and leaving the U.S. west coast vulnerable. Not to mention potentially having the vast fuel supplys at Pearl Harbor destroyed which would have added great difficulty in America's being able to mount an eventual counter offensive.

The problem with excessive conspiracy theorys is it turns everything into junk science and junk history. It dumbs down our culture and we deteriorate from rational, logical thinking people to cynical people who are actually more ripe for believing anything fed to them providing it's outlandish and doesn't come from "conventional news sources". Yeah, as one poster wrote, 'a lot more to come in several months', they're still writing the script for the *enlightened* thinkers of the world.
You're only as good as your last departure.