BH

X-files Finale

Tue May 21, 2002 10:55 am

What did you guys think of it ?I watched the first 3 seasons alot and catch the other ones on syndication i thought it was good and at least it left the door open for a movie eventually.One question for the diehards did the 3 guys that had there own show die i would assume they did since they were shown only to mulder.How did they die was it on there show or the x-files.

RE: X-files Finale

Tue May 21, 2002 10:02 pm

When the X-Files premiered in 1993, I was a die-hard fan. However, my enthusiasm for the show quickly waned after the 4th season, when I really believe Chris Carter took the show and set it off on too many tangents.
Besides, after 4 years, it was really becoming hard to fathom that Scully, after all she had seen and heard, and experienced, was STILL the skeptic.

I think the show really "lost it" when David "Mulder" left. The entire premise and structure of the show WAS all about Mulder and Scully.

"The X-Files", in my opinion, is a show that should have run for 4-5 years
maximum. I would have liked to have seen more emphasis on Mulder &
Scully investigating true paranormal cases, without the ongoing, and tiresome, not to mention confusing alien theme.

Seasons 1 -4: LOVED EM! After that, forget it.

Shawn Patrick

RE: X-files Finale

Wed May 22, 2002 1:35 pm

The finale was great, although it left me depressed, as there won't be anymore X-Files.  Sad Also, I felt so sad for Mulder and Scully - I don't think they got the details about extraterrestrial life that they wanted all along, and it seems that they finally just gave up. Very sad. But I'd really like to hope that those two finally got it on in that hotel room! After 9 freakin' years, they better have started banging!

I didn't start watching regularly until Season 7, which was very good IMO. 8 was cool, and I've really missed to much of 9 to judge it.

I watched a few times before season 7, but not usually. I was brought into the show season 7 when I realized that Scully is pretty damn hot!

«Shawn»