EWRvirgin
Topic Author

9/11 Special On HBO

Tue May 28, 2002 4:26 am

Did anyone catch the 9/11 documentary on HBO last night? I thought it was very well done and succeeded in honoring those who risked and lost their lives on that terrible day. Very heart wrenching and sad - almost felt like I was reliving that day.

OA412
Crew

RE: 9/11 Special On HBO

Tue May 28, 2002 5:13 am

I agree that it was extremely well done and succeeded in honoring those who lost their lives on that day. My only regret is that the entire focus was on NYC. Certainly, NYC suffered far greater loss than did DC but it still would have been nice for them to focus on how the lives of those affected by the crash at the Pentagon changed as a result of the tragedy. But, overall a very well done piece.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Tue May 28, 2002 5:56 am

It was very good, but a little over dramatic and propagandized. It'll do well to get people all emotional, fired up, and angry, but is that exactly the best response to this threat?

I'm not sure it is.  Confused

Greg

Tue May 28, 2002 11:28 am

Thank you for that juvenile viewpoint. Another student posing as an intellectual.

It was a show worthy of it's title. Hopefully, many other countries will be able to view it in their language.

Time moves incredibly fast, it was a healthy...if not horrid reminder of what still needs to be accomplished to abolish terrorism.