Woman Loses Eye In Anti-Semitic Incident In Russia

Tue May 28, 2002 7:36 pm

A woman lost an eye in an anti-Semitic bombing incident in Russia

The victim, Tatiana Sobovna - who apparently is not Jewish - was driving on the Moscow-Kiev Highway yesterday when she passed a large sign saying "Death to the Jews" about 20 kilometers west of the capital.
When she tried to take it down, a bomb attached to the sign exploded. Sobovna lost an eye in the blast.

That's a terrible story, and it's frightening to think of what may still be coming...

Marco

RE: Woman Loses Eye In Anti-Semitic Incident In Russia

Tue May 28, 2002 8:52 pm

Aviatsiya if that sign had said "Death to Arabs/Any other race" you would have been the first one to start crying RACISMInsane

PS:This is a non aviation forum, and you can choose what to read. Just like YOU always say if you don't like the topic, don't read it. It's really as simple as that.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Tue May 28, 2002 9:19 pm

Marco

To be quite honest, I really don't give a fat rats clacker anymore.

If it was one user showing racism towards another, I would make an exception.

As far as I am concerned the Israelis can kill the Palestinians all they want, and the Palestinians can kill the Israelis all they want. Nothing anyone says on these forums is going to change anything....no-one is going to change their opinions on the matter.

And my comment is directed towards "Toad's Newswire Service".

Have a look at his posts in this particular forum. THEY ALL ARE TO DO WITH ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN CONFLICT. Do he really have a life? I don't think he does. (Mirrodie saw fit to delete my post due to "low quality", however, I think it summed it up perfectly in what I wrote).

Yes, there are some pretty nasty things being done to Israelis by Palestinians, and there are some pretty nasty things being done to Palestinians by Israelis. BUT DO WE HAVE TO READ EVERY LITTLE INCIDENT COURTESY OF "TOAD'S NEWSWIRE SERVICE®"????????????????

Arsenal@LHR

Tue May 28, 2002 11:03 pm

Toda reisinger is the CNN of switzerland!!  Smile

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

Hepkat

Wed May 29, 2002 3:15 am

These Israel vs. Palestine threads have been getting really out of hand as of late. There are no less than 4 concurrent discussions on this issue, with new threads rearing their annoying little heads on a daily basis. In addition, we've been inundated with delete requests related to these threads; 83% of such requests I fielded today originated in Israel/Palestine threads. This issue has been discussed to death and the afterlife, with no new contributions being offered other than the same old intractable arguments, personal attacks, name-calling and flared tempers spiraling towards a bottomless abyss.

In the future, all Israel/Palestine topics will be limited to ONE discussion per human lifespan. Until the thread naturally dies out, no one may start another. Violations of this will be deleted without warning. Please bear in mind that in the end, this is the same standard expected of all other topics on A.Net.

Hopefully, the extra energy saved from not doing battle in meaningless Israel/Palestine discussions can be used to lead longer, more productive lives.