Stretch 8
Topic Author

Solution For John Walker Lindh Trial

Tue May 28, 2002 11:19 pm

No need for an expensive and lengthy trial. My suggestion: send him to Singapore for a bare-ass caining (Remember that American teenage punk who was cained back in '94?). It would be the perfect punishment for this guy. Also, put it on pay-per-view, with proceeds going to any of the worthy 9/11 survivor funds. This would get boffo ratings, I am sure.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

777236ER

RE: Solution For John Walker Lindh Trial

Wed May 29, 2002 12:48 am

Oh, I see that "guilty until proven" has gone RIGHT out of the window.
Your bone's got a little machine

Stretch 8
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2002 1:19 am

I was joking about the punishment, to tell you the truth. I am not sure what Walker is guilty of, besides being a first-class idiot who led a pampered life with indulgent parents.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

sccutler

Wed May 29, 2002 8:44 am

It's called treason. He is alleged to have taken up arms against his country.

As for whether, in the circumstances, he had the intent to to take such action (and, indeed, any choice in the matter), remains to be seen.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Alpha 1

Wed May 29, 2002 11:35 am

777236ER, the best punishment, other than the death penalty, is to deport him back to Afghanistan, so he can go find his butt-buddy, Osama, if the son of a bitch is still alive. I think he should get fried myself, 777236ER. But, you being the fun-loving terrorist apologists you are, I can see where you want to see him get off Scot free.

LH423

Thu May 30, 2002 1:09 am

Easy Alpha. Just because someone doesn't want to see them die doesn't mean they are rooting for the terrorists. Personally, I'm maintaining a neutral view until I have reason to believe another way. We don't know his involvement in the Al Qaeda organization. And don't forget, in Afghanistan, they don't get the news like we do. How do we even know that he knew of the attacks until after they had occurred? The only thing he is guilty of is fighting for another nations army, regardless of who they were fighting. Now under normal circumstances, he would have his citizenship revoked, but since the Taliban were not a recognized government, we can't do that. Just relax man. Enough of that "you're with us or against us" shit we've gotten used to hearing.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry