PanAm747
Topic Author

China-The Next Internet?

Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:04 am

Can China rescue the world's economy?

In the next few years millions of Chinese will be participating in the world economy like never before.

Not since the dissolve of the USSR has comething on this scale happened.

In just a few years Chinese is expected to replace English as the most used language on the internet.

Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

LOT767-300ER

RE: China-The Next Internet?

Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:15 am

"In just a few years Chinese is expected to replace English as the most used language on the internet."

I dont see in any way how that is true......

PanAm747
Topic Author

Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:17 am

I don't know either, I read that on an ad in ATL. the ad was for a consulting buisiness.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

roguetrader

Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:24 am

This is a very exciting time. If the USA and the EU can manage the situation well, we could build a possible three way alliance whose power would be extreme. We stand at the brink of a moment in history when a huge bulk of people could move into the 21st century, into democracy and freedom. Allied with the USA and the EU, minor irritants like Iraq would last about a day.

China is already half the size of the US economy, a little more than half the size of the EU economy, and obviously considerably ahead of Japan and Germany, the next biggest players. This, after only a few years and baby steps into just a minor touch of capitalism.

I think the most interesting things to watch will be:

1. How the Chinese government handles the move to a market economy; the flood gates are opened and I don't think it can be stopped now, and

2. How the EU and (especially) the USA handle the rise of a country whose economy could become larger than anyone ever thought an economy could be.

I think the Chinese symbol for 'danger' or 'risk' is the same one they use for 'opportunity' - or maybe this is just bs I heard on an internet forum.

Anyway, we've got a tremendous, perhaps first-time-in-history chance to have the vast majority of the world move towards democracy, freedom, and economic opportunity: I think we are up to the task.

kind regards,

RogueTrader

source of economic data:
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/