TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

One Last Computer Problem!

Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:55 am

Ok, here is one more, and hopefully, LAST computer problem. (Boy, I can't wait to get back to my computer in the states!).

Check out this picture below. It happens with the ICONs next to all of my graphics files? How can I fix this. It is really frustrating because the only way I can open an image it to open a graphic program, and then open the image. I can't dbl click on the image cuz it says it doesn't know what program to open it with.

Any suggestions on how to remedy?

This is my LAST problem I'll ask for help...atleast I hope so!

TB

"Non-Aviation....TurbineBeavers computer help line"  Big thumbs up

RoyalDutch

RE: One Last Computer Problem!

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:02 am

right click on the image and choose "open with"...select a graphic viewer program like Internet Explorer or Paintbrush from the menu, and make sure the little box saying "always use this program" is checked. Then click OK. Good Luck!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

- RoyalDutch

Saloth Sar

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:11 am

Your OS is Microsoft Windows, it tends to have plenty of bugs. Stay current, always look for updates from their website.

TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:15 am

That's the problem.

I can't do that. Instead, when I right-click my only choice is "Open". Of course, when i click this, it searches for Paint Shop Pro 5.0 which I don't have. And a box comes up, saying it can't find it and offering me a chance to find it.

Argh!

TB

RoyalDutch

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:17 am

Try holding down shift and right-clicking on it...see if that gives you the "open with" option...

rgds,
-RoyalDutch

NJTurnpike

Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:06 am

I would download TweakUI or a third-party powertoy to repair your icon assiciations. If I recall correctly this can be done directly in the registry but it's safer to stick with a custom utility.