jfktowerfan
Crew

Things To Do In L.A.(Besides Spotting)

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:31 am

I am going to L.A. on June 5...any suggestions on places to go and see. I will be there for 10 days, and have nothing to do but go sightseeing!
C'mon Man

Matt D

RE: Things To Do In L.A.(Besides Spotting)

Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:40 am

I dunno...what ISN'T there to do here? In case you didn't know, I'm in the LA area myself, much to my chagrin.

Why not list some of the things you enjoy doing....and maybe we can give you a few suggestions.

jfktowerfan
Crew

Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:15 am

Well I intend on hitting all the regular tourist attractions...Looking for places to go off roading, or to go boating/ jetskiing, and maybe the Universal citywalk. Thx
C'mon Man

Matt D

Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:22 am

Touristy stuff  Insane (well you ARE a tourist, and we'll cater to you)

Take your pick:

Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park
Disneyland, Anaheim
Six Fags Magic Mountain, Valencia
Universal Studios, North Hollywood
Venice Beach, Venice
Chinatown, Downtown LA
Olvera Street, Downtown LA

Boating/Jetskiing:

Lake Perris, Moreno Valley
Pyramid Lake, 20 min north of Castaic
Lake Havasu, Lake Havasu City, AZ (a verrry long drive)
Lake Mead, near Las Vegas (kill two birds with one stone)
Puddingstone Lake, La Verne (IMO a mudhole, but people DO boat and ski there)

Off roading:

I'm not too keen on this, but I do know that there is a large OHV area off of SR 60 east of Moreno Valley, near Beaumont. Also there are a large number of OHV areas in the High Desert near Apple Valley and Victorville.

Nightclubs, bars, so-called "sports bars" are dime a dozen. If you want a nice "night on the town'", there are any number of Black Angus, Applebees, National Sports Grill, Claim Jumper, etc etc restaraunts for you to choose from.

nonrevman

Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:04 am

I have heard that the La Brea (sp?) tar pits are very interesting and something different. it could make my short list for things to see next time in LA.

OA412
Crew

Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:03 pm

Yes, the La Brea tar pits are interesting. They are adjacent to both the Natural History Museum and the LA Museum of Art. Of course, other touristy things you can do involve the beaches. I recommend Santa Monica, both the pier and the awesome 3rd Street Promenade. Also, if you are into Museums I definitely recommend the Getty. While the old location was, IMHO, far better than the new one, the collection is excellent. Definitely hit CityWalk, it's incredibly touristy but a lot of fun. You could, of course, always take the cliched tourist route and visit Hollywood's Walk of Fame and the movie star footprints outside Graumanns theatre followed by a visit to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. You could even try to see if you could snag some tickets to a TV taping or two. I know that getting tickets to Leno used to be really easy (of course, I haven't been in his audience since '92 so take what I say with a grain of salt) but I'm assuming its a little harder now. Anyway, as others have said there is a wealth of things to do in LA. Have fun.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West