Takkyu_Ishino
Topic Author

Minneapolis.

Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:41 pm

Next Wednesday ( or tuesday ) I'm taking my sister ( she's having a birthday ) , her boyfriend and my girlfriend out for dinner in a very nice restaurant.

Do you guys have any recommendations for fine restaurants where you don't have to spend a whole lot of money ( I'm willing to spend up to 150 $ )

LH423

RE: Minneapolis.

Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:13 pm

I assume that you want to take these people out in Minneapolis?

Well, I can't say for certain, but I don't know if you'll get away with $ 150,- at a decent restaurant for four people, especially if alcohol is involved. I mean, you're only talking about roughly $ 35,-/person. I mean, no question you could get away with it, but if you want to take them somewhere nice, just be prepared to spend upwards of $ 200,-.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

SESGDL

Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:30 pm

Go to a traditional Olive Garden or Red Lobster if you wanna spend under $150. However, if you're willing to go a little bit higher, try a place called Chowbellas near Eden Prairie, Manny's Steakhouse in the Hyatt Regency hotel in downtown Minneapolis, or try The Oceannaire in the Hyatt as well. In St. Paul there's also Kincaids.

KROC

Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:19 pm

I heard that the McDonalds just down the street from the Hyatt Regency. It's a little pricey, but very good.

Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:33 am

You could also try the Bucca Italian restaurant in Eden Prarie. That place has some good food!

usflyer msp

Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:22 am

There is a realy nice steakhouse/American restaurant in NE Minneapolis called Jax Cafe. I usually take my parents there when they visit me. It's really nice with wood paneling, a fireplace, and a really nice garden patio and the food is excellent. Plus, if it is a special occassion they will print up matchbooks (for free) that say Happy Birthday (Your Name) or Congratulations (Your Name). Its quite novel. The entrees run from 15-30 dollars a plate. Last time my family ate there we spent 130 dollars (3 courses) for 4 people before tip. I suggest you check it out.

USFlyer MSP