Beefmoney
Topic Author

Internet Problem

Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:39 pm

Lets see if anyone here can help me. I have AOL 6.0, and recently when I logged onto the internet and tried to visit Airliners.Net it gave me a message on the screen that said somthing to the effect of "The website could not be reached, please try again later." I though that maybe A.Net was down or somthing so I tried to get onto a few more websites, and they all said the exact same thing. So, I assume this is a problem with IE because the AOL sites still work fine. I reinstalled AOL trying to resolve the problem with IE, butthe problem still exists. Any ideas?

Barcode

RE: Internet Problem

Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:55 pm

Go to Tools in your Internet Exploder > Internet Options > Connections > Settings > is there a tick in the proxy server option ? Or anything which says " automatically detect settings " ? If so, untick it and try again.

Beefmoney
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:17 am

Thanks for your help Barcode, but theres no tickmark in either of those two settings. Also, I logged online again yesterday night to check my E-Mail, and it let me surf the web! The problem seemed to be gone! But after logging on again this morning, I cant do anything other than AOL sites once again.
Any more ideas, because I really need my internet!!

BTW, Im using my sisters laptop to type my posts and I absolutley can not type on these things, so please help!

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:25 am

Heres an idea

Trash America OFFLINE

Beefmoney
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:18 am

I am very close to doing that. But I have re-installed different versions of AOL many times, and it still gives me the message. I am still prety sure that it is an IE problem. I cant live without the internet!!!! HELP!! Smile

Arsenal@LHR

Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:22 am

Are you using AOL as your browser, trying to opern web sites with AOL? Why not open IE and try to open a.net from there, or have you tried that?

In Arsene we trust!!

Beefmoney
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:03 am

I have tried to browse directly through IE and it still canceled all attempts to surf the web. Oh well, keep those ideas coming!

Barcode

Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:22 am

Do you think this could be a conspiracy by Anti diluvian Operation Litany to globalize the internet ? This would explain why I have people sometimes call me at work and explain they did not know any websites existed outside the AOL network.

Hrrrrrrrmmmmm.

Beefmoney
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:18 am

I wouldnt doubt it Barcode  Smile. Well, I have rented another laptop so I can surf the internet while I try to fix the prob with my main comp. Ill try to contact some companies later so they can try to figure out what the deal is.

Beefmoney
Topic Author

Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:56 am

After many changes and trial and error sessions, the problem remains. I can NOT figure out what the problem is with this thing!! I thought that I could use this laptop exclusively for the internet, and the main comp for everything else, since it wont let me surf obviously. But after taking a few rolls of film at the airport today, I came home to scan them and upload them here, and realized that the scanner is not able to be connected to the laptop, and my photos are too big to fit on a floppy disk, AND any re-writeable disks I put into my comp brings up the blue screen of death! I have no way to upload my photos!!!! Now I desprately need your help, do you guys have an more ideas on what is going on??? Like I said before, I think it is an IE problem, and I was wondering if there is any way that I can download a new IE version to replace my old one. Problem is, I have no way of transporting the new IE to my comp!!!

I need a new computer, dont you think??
Its about 2 years old.