Baby Bomber Pic Shock Israelis

Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:28 am

The Israeli army has released a picture it says was found during its incursion in the West Bank town of Hebron showing an infant dressed as a Hamas militant wearing a suicide bomber's harness.

The army says the controversial picture was found in a family album during a search of a house belonging to an alleged Hamas militant, although there is no independent confirmation of its authenticity.

Palestinian children often dress up as militants brandishing toy guns or suicide bombers, but the Hebron "baby bomber" photograph has provoked widespread concern in Israel.

Full articles, see http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_2071000/2071561.stm

Now i'm wondering that the picture might be fake, and produced by those silly Israel Government/military.

mls515

RE: Baby Bomber Pic Shock Israelis

Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:29 am

Could be. What do Palestinain babies usually look like?

McRingRing

Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:31 am

That's one stupid looking kid - even without all that homicide bomber crap.
B==============) ~~~~

cba

Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:55 am

It's a fake. That kid does not look Palestinian. No ethnic Palestinian has fair skin and light hair. This is obviously a fake, and a bad one at that.

swissgabe

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:07 am

Would agree on Cba's opinion. Doesn't look for me like a Palestinian too, but is it possible that there are people around with such a fair skin?
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Rai

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:15 am

Swissgabe says:
Doesn't look for me like a Palestinian too, but is it possible that there are people around with such a fair skin?

CBA says:
No ethnic Palestinian has fair skin and light hair.

What stupid comments. Yes, there are Arabs that look like "white". One of my Lebanese friends has light skin, brown hair and blue eyes. His cousin is similar, but has green eyes. Both are 100% Arab too.

LY744

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:19 am

You guys don't know that many Palestinians (none to be exact, eh?), do you?

As for "those silly Israeli government/military", that's hardly surprising coming out of you, Jiml1126. I suppose the PA is a bunch of bright, honest, and peace loving people...

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

racko

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:38 am

Israel and Palestina are at war.

In Germany we have a saying: "At war, the truth dies first."

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:41 am

That baby does look cute doesn't he/she?  Smile

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

McRingRing

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:43 am

According to the family (according to Sky News) the picture is real, but it's a "joke." Yeah, real funny.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12012737,00.html
B==============) ~~~~

seven_fifty7

Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:37 am

That "baby" doesn't even look real to me. ...Looks more like some $10 doll you'd buy at the toystore.

dc863

Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:47 am

The Palestinians must be getting desperate for some new recruits.

Leftypilot79

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:37 am

That looks like a little white euro mutt kid to me. Not very ethnic looking. Probably a bad fake from the states.

aaron

kolobokman

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:49 am

Hey, they got my baby pictures!
I can neither confirm, nor deny above post

Lindy

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:50 am

On this forum all posts are agains palestinians because mainority of you are jews. Please stop those stupid posts. I would suggest that Administrator should remove all users who starts those stupid topics Israel vs. Palestina.
I dont wanna say more what I think about all of you who participate in those stupid posts but STOP this crap!
And dont you tell me "dont read them". I dont wanna see in this forum topics like that. This is israeli propaganda against the arabs, and vice versa.
If I wanna read news about middle east I can go to www.cnn.com or www.bbc.uk but not here.
Another word for those stupid topics is RELIGIOUS AND RACIST DISCRIMINATION. Users should be permanently removed and never allowed to come back. Maybe then they will realise that their behaivior was inapriopriate!

BWIADCA - Nikon D100

McRingRing

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:52 am

Lindy: your diatribe belongs in the 'Site Related' forum.  Smile
B==============) ~~~~

kolobokman

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:54 am

It's www.news.bbc.co.uk

Lindy

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:55 am

Kolobokman very smart remark, and I ment majority not minority here are jews.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

AC320

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:56 am

oh I see, we're all Jewish so we're all against the poor little Palestinians. Well here's a kick to your balls buddy, I'm Jewish and I think the Palestinians deserve their own democratically-elected government and nation, i think both sides need a serious slap to get them thinking straight. I have many devout muslim friends and we can get along so can everyone else on that side of the world.

Now I think you should apologize for refering to us Jews like we're all evil incarnate and mindless robots who all think alike. Your thinking seems to date back the the 1930's, and I don't think you need a history lesson on what happened then.
fuddle duddle

kolobokman

Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:59 am

majority here are jews

Thats why we need conter-propoganda. To defend Palestinians from the attacks of jewish users

TWAL1011

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:11 pm

Hey, what are they trying to pull here?!?

That's nothing more than a pic of the Baby Blow-Away doll.

Anyone can get one from the Vermont Teddy Bear company.

Leftypilot79

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:16 pm

Nah...thats a real toddler in that picture.

aaron

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:23 pm

I think that's the "Barbie Dolls" for Palestanian kids.

TWAL1011

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:46 pm

I'd say infant. Too young to be a toddler.

clipperhawaii

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:46 pm

This is just typical of the idiocy of some if not most Palestinians. What sick family or society would dress their kid as a person about to kill not only themseves but others. Is it any wonder that a lot of people despise people of that ilk?
CH

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

delta-flyer

Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:51 pm

Doesn't look for me like a Palestinian too, but is it possible that there are people around with such a fair skin?

Ahh, another Jewish/CIA/FBI conspiracy in the making!
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

Alpha 1

Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:00 pm

Thats why we need conter-propoganda. To defend Palestinians from the attacks of jewish users.

What is this "we" stuff, Kolobokman? Are you one of them now, believing THEIR propoganda as you do? Maybe I should put you on the Board of Directors of THI?  Wink/being sarcastic

Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:48 pm

I'd say it's a fake, too - not because it's alleged to be Palestinian in origin, but because the posture is incorrect. Look at the positioning of the arms and the facial expression.

This is the same league as the photos the IDF released some time ago of 'Hamas terrorists' in which one of them was still wearing his Star of David; and the RPV footage of a 'dead Palestinan' falling off a stretcher and running away.

It's easy to see the sort of people these propoganda pics are designed to fool ... and they do!

As Barnum said: "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time - but you can't fool all the people all of the time".

JETPILOT

Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:47 pm

Doesn't everyone send out baby bomber cards as a a timely and atttractive seasons greetings for the holiday season?

That looks a little like MattD.

JET

ly772

Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:14 pm

Wait, SAS. Isn't it the fault of the facist Sharon regime? Aren't you going to post a message that would take an hour to read with copies from around the net about how dear Palestine are angles and Sharon is the devil?

Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:56 pm

That baby looks very uncomfortable and confused...whatever happened to flannelette?

SixStarAnsett Big grin

L-188

Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:12 pm

Crosseyed little terrorist isn't he.

I can just see the version of Barney he watches.....

I love you, you love me, Barney set a bomb off in Tel-Aviv

It's pretty sad when you think about it.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

LY744

Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:55 pm

"Majority of users are Jewish"??? What a joke! How is that even possible?  Laugh out loud
From reading the ME threads I'd say it looks like quite the opposite...

The one problem with your "theory" Ceilidh, is that the family of the kid admitted that the picture is real (must be evil Israeli spies). As for the kids posture, looks like any other kid that is forced to wear a whole bunch of bulky clothes.  Insane

LY744.

go canada!

Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:50 pm

when i saw the picute, i thought after about ten minutes that no dubt sections of airliners would say it was a fake without thinking. I then looked for a thread, saw it and knew before i entered which people would say it was a fake or a 'zionist plot'.

I was surprised though by the statement that nearly everyone on airliners is jewish and that those who discuss israel-palestine are mostly jewish.

Heres another blow to that theory, i may have support for israel, but guess what, im not jewish, no-one in my family is and i study at a centre for jewish/non-jewish relations!!!!!!!

SAS23, if you managed to find a clip of a group of jews shouting death to the arabs, all arabs must die or you found a picture of a israeli kid with a gun im sure you would be the first to sing from the rooftops.

and for all you doubters, i hate to tell you but the family has ADMITTED the picutre was taken, and i quote

"But the family told Sky's Andrew Wilson the picture was "just a joke".

"The photograph was taken some time ago at a party when someone dressed up the cutest baby as a suicide bomber," one relative said.

The picture went around the world and became a symbol of despair for all those who want peace in the Middle East."

Source:http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-12012737,00.html

Sky News is a worldwide organisation, broadcasting in over 100 countries, is is not nor never has beeen an israeli-controlled station nor has it been controlled by a 'zionist' foundation, unlike the 'news' reports that we are treated to on airliners that comes from palestinain sites.

It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

ba777-236

Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:56 am

I told myself that I'd never get into these discussions, but I have one question. Why would the Israeli military go through a "family album" while looking for a militant Hamas leader? I highly doubt they believed he was hiding inside the album...
I like British Airways! I'm not sure why, but I do! ;-)

Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:58 am

ITS REAL STOP DREAMING UP CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

THE FAMILY TOLD THE BBC IT WAS REAL.

AC320

Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:05 am

Did they also buy the popular children's book "Baby's First Jihad"?  Laugh out loud
fuddle duddle

LY744

Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:13 am

"Why would the Israeli military go through a "family album" while looking for a militant Hamas leader?"

Looking for concealed documents? Nothing better to do? Who knows...

LY744.

ronen

Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:46 pm

jiml here is some more fake pictures from the silly Israeli government
http://www.idf.il/english/idf_in_pictures/2000/october/piguim.stm

JETPILOT

Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:00 pm

That looks like the newest line of Baby Bomber wear from Osh Kosh Bgosh.

In the catalog it looks like item# 27068.

"Baby Bomber Blow Me Up coverall for the in vogue baby bomber. Designed to cleanly sever the child at the waist for full dramatic effect." $29.99

I wonder if that comes with matching "Baby Bomber Bandana"

JET

EL-AL

Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:35 pm

Fake? OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!
Even when the Israelis try to explane and to show you the real face of the palastinains, you ignore the facts and looking for a way to show that thay are right again.
A baby who is willing to get killed (for his parents at least) only in order to kill as meny non-muslims with him as he can. Do you need more then that?
Maybe, when your son, brother, sister, mother or father will get killed in a muslim terror act (which is not only a risk in israel as we all saw in 11/9) you will understand that the muslims (not all of them of cours) dont know what is a way of peace, and thay know only the way of terror. Maybe then. Too bad that you need to learn everything in the hard way.
SAS23, when muslims will take a British B747 into the big ben, you will say that this is because thier brothers in Israel are been killed, or because thats thier way of living?
every day is a good day to fly

L-188

Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:43 pm

SAS23, when muslims will take a British B747 into the big ben, you will say that this is because thier brothers in Israel are been killed, or because thats thier way of living?

EL-AL.....

I wonder how SAS23 would take it, it was a Caladonian Wings L1011 that did it rather then a 747?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:19 pm

I thought he looked kind of cute, can you order those little suits online?

Fake? OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

How could he possibly have responded to the posts here when his eyes were shut? Come on ELAL ... be realistic.

Even when the Israelis try to explane and to show you the real face of the palastinains, you ignore the facts and looking for a way to show that thay are right again.

With the Israeli imposed media blackout going on it isn't unreasonable to question anything that comes out of Israel. It's not like they don't have a long history of dishonesty.

A baby who is willing to get killed (for his parents at least) only in order to kill as meny non-muslims with him as he can.

This is indicative of your anti arab hatred. Ignoring the horrific attack on the english language, a child of that age is unable to make any decisions with regards to killing others, indeed a child this age has no concept of life land death. This child, IF IT IS NOT A PROPOGANDA EXERCISE is merely being dressed that way by his/her parents. So what? I've dressed my kids up as Captain Kirk ... hardly likely they'll go flinging off to the far reaches of the Delta Quadrant now is it?

Do you need more then that?

Yes. We need honesty & integrity and a return to the media coverage of incidents so we are not forced to blindly believe one side or the other.

Maybe, when your son, brother, sister, mother or father will get killed in a muslim terror act

hang on .. let me get my violin ....

(which is not only a risk in israel as we all saw in 11/9) you will understand that the muslims (not all of them of cours) dont know what is a way of peace, and thay know only the way of terror.

As do the Israelis .. so what? Until Israel decides to actively pursue peace over persecution the violence will continue. Israel brings it upon themselves. Horrific for the innocent victims, but they have no one but their ancestors and government to blame at this stage. They have made all the wrong decisions and have made revenge paramount. They declared war on Palestine and have thus turned all terrorists into freedom fighters.

Maybe then. Too bad that you need to learn everything in the hard way.

At least some people can learn from history unlike Sharon and his cronies who continue to incite the violence that is being inflicted upon Israelis at the moment.

Emotive carryon might be indicative of your country, but it really has no place in realistic discussion.

And LY744, I think it's called "invading the privacy of others and partaking in illegal searches" unless that family lived in Israel the Israelis had no right to even be in their house, let alone rooting through their belongings. Yet another example of opression of people by the Israeli government and military. Will they next murder that child because it's proven that he/she is a suicide bomber?

VH-ADG

SVG

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:45 am

The Palestinian Authorities says the picture is fake, even though the family of the baby say its real. Unfortunately it is not the first the PA is spreading lies to the world. The Palestinians are SICK. Look at this:

"Recently a group re-enacted the lynching of two Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, in which a small girl had her hands painted red to show the blood of the soldiers."
BBC

You can read the real story about two Israeli soldiers tortured and killed in Ramallah here:

http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/go.asp?MFAH0ik20

http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/go.asp?MFAH0ik30

Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:19 am

The Palestinian Authorities says the picture is fake, even though the family of the baby say its real.

A whole discussion could be held on this statement alone. I'm not going to side either way on this but the Palestinian Authorities are REPORTED to have said the picture is fake whilst the family IS REPORTED to have said teh picture is real. Unless you know this family personally you must go with what the media reports and given that the media in that part of the world isn't what we would call unbiased ... well, you have to decide for yourselves.

Personally, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Unfortunately it is not the first the PA is spreading lies to the world. The Palestinians are SICK.

Smile/happy/getting dizzy ah .. now we identify an anti arab racist. Palestinians aren't sick, some may well be (as there are sick people in any community). Palestinians are opressed, they are a people fighting for their very existance. As for the PA spreading lies, you can't prove either way but if you think about the facts .. was it the PA who drove (at gunpoint) the media out of the region? No, that was the Israelis. The Israelis and the Palestinians are playing a game of propoganda and you choose to believe Israel. Your call but that doesn't make you right.

"Recently a group re-enacted the lynching of two Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, in which a small girl had her hands painted red to show the blood of the soldiers."

Want me to drag out examples of Israeli attrocities? It's stupid to play these tit for tat games, it gets you nowhere and proves nothing.

VH-ADG

PANYNJ

Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:43 pm

Palestinians are opressed, they are a people fighting for their very existance.

Bullsh*t. The Palestinians exisance is not under threat. Their means of terror are.

I thought he looked kind of cute, can you order those little suits online?

do you know how i feal when i read this?? take a guess

david b.

Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:46 pm

Did you try Ebay, I think they come in newborn size as well.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

SVG

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:03 pm

Re: ADG
Not all Palestinians are sick, but there seems to more sick people in Palestinian territories than in any other place in the world. Not only do they support terror against innocent Israelis, they also destroy the future of their own children. I see no point in discussing this with someone who looks at terrorism as way to "fight for their very existence".

EL-AL

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:03 pm

ADG,
This is just amazing, you have a way of mind like the EU. You decided that the palastinians are right, and you dont let the truth to bother you. No metter what Israel show you in order so tell you the truth, you still have your wrong opintion.
About the violin part in your post, i think you forgot it in 11/9.

You wrote: "Want me to drag out examples of Israeli attrocities? It's stupid to play these tit for tat games, it gets you nowhere and proves nothing"-god u have problems. A girl with blood on her hends proves nothing? god...

About the "Open your eyes" part, i will ignore it to thank you about the good laught that i had from it...

"This child, is merely being dressed that way by his/her parents. So what? I've dressed my kids up as Captain Kirk ..."-Sorry, if u cant see that thre is a differnt betwenn captain Kirk & a terrorsts, I really cant help you...

"Israel have a long history of dishonesty"-can u give me an example? Maybe 1972 Olympics? 1972 Ben Gurion Airport? the Pizza place in Auguat 2001? The Passover night 4 months ago? The mall in march 1996? What a dishonesty! So sad that so meny good people getting kille in the muslim terror attacks worldwide. Maybe the muslime next target is something (american of cours) in Ausralia?

I am sure, that this is only a metter of time until the next muslim attack out of Israel will come.

Get your violin ready, because you will need it!
every day is a good day to fly

Krushny

Baby Bomber Pic Shock Israelis

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:55 pm

I do not know if this pic is fake or not, but the terrible thing is that it is perfectly credible. Every nation honors its heroes and dress their kids as such, and many Palestinians finds the suicide bombings as heroic acts. It shows how crazy can be people there, when they consider suicide bombers role models for their kids.

Apart from this, and even conceding that the IDF found this in the house of a dangerous terrorist, what right they had to show to the world the personal items and photos of his family? I guess that would be illegal in any western nation, and the family of the kid would sue the shit out of the police/army/ect... Also, aren´t there in Israel laws to protect the privacy of the kids?
It just shows how screwed up are things there that such behaviour is considered normal.