Superfly
Topic Author

Why Was Israel/Palestine An Issue In This Race?

Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:47 am

Earl Hilliard (D-AL), one of the most courageous members of the U.S. House of Representatives lost the Democratic nomination mainly because of his position on the Middle East.
His opponent was bankrolled by special interest groups from New York who's priorities are out of sync with voters in this rural Alabama district. The Israel/Palestine issue isn’t the most pressing issue in this working class district. This just goes to show how ruthless the Zionist lobby is in this country.
The winner of the Democratic primary is almost certain to win in November. The district is heavily Democratic and the only other candidate is a Libertarian.
Earl Hilliard and Arthur Davis are both African-American and are both liberal. The only difference was there Middle-East position.

This is not the first time this has happened. In 1980, 22 year Congressman Paul Findley (A Republican) lost re-election to a Democrat because he spoke out against the U.S policy in the Middle East.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/06/28/alabama.congress/index.html
Bring back the Concorde

david b.

RE: Why Was Israel/Palestine An Issue In This Race?

Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:54 am

This just goes to show how ruthless the Zionist lobby is in this country

SAS23 are you in there?  Laugh out loud

I personally think certain lobbies have too much power. I like this though. He's not afraid to say something to speak his mind rather the lobbyist like it or not  Big thumbs up
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

KROC

Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:57 am

Whether there was intent or not, Superfly, you, especially with lines like this... This just goes to show how ruthless the Zionist lobby is in this country. have just spilled gasoline all over the place. Who is going to be the match this time? And I bet it will be in large part to your "ruthless Zionist lobby" comment. Just an observation.

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:01 am

It won't be TWANEEDSNOHELP..................cause hes been banned fot the week  Laugh out loud

I hate it when lobbies like this drag us into ME policies.

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:04 am

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/profile.main?username=Twaneedsnohelp LOL

TWANEEDSNOHELP when reading this post ============>  Pissed

Klaus

Kroc

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:07 am

KROC: Whether there was intent or not, Superfly, you, especially with lines like this... This just goes to show how ruthless the Zionist lobby is in this country. have just spilled gasoline all over the place.

Hmmm... You´re sure it´s not the leaky cutoff valve of your own flame thrower?  Wink/being sarcastic

heavymetal

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:08 am

You guys are proving Superfly's point....a collection of rabidly pro Israeli Jews who raise money to support the maintenance of favorable US policy towards Israel would be Zionist...and they would be a lobby. Would they not? Where's the gasoline? They themselves would agree!

Yet we dance around the phrase 'Zionist lobby' as if Heinrich Himmler himself were posting.

As to the phrase "ruthless"...well...these people feel present US policy towards Israel is vital for Israel's future. They without hesitation supported one guy over another, regardless of party or idealogy. They had one issue, and it that issue their end justifies the means. They're certainly not the only group in Washington who works that way.

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:12 am

I think its the hole in the gas can Big grin

BTW:Naplam makes for a better flame  Smile

KROC

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:27 am

Hmmm... You´re sure it´s not the leaky cutoff valve of your own flame thrower?

I think A.) my opinions, and the manor in which I express them, are taken the wrong way by all the sensitive skin members here, so I carry no Flame Thrower.

B.) If I do tend to *ahem Fan the flames a little, its for something worthwhile, like making fun of Mcringring, not a Is/Pal issue that is flaming like crazy before there are 3 posts to the thread.

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:42 am

It won't be TWANEEDSNOHELP..................cause hes been banned fot the week

He'll be back before you know it! Or maybe he'll just vanish, never to be seen again, disapearing in and out of doorways and shadows, always watching you little david bantz and your movements, maybe he'll retire to his childhood home or to his snowy school escape. muhahahaha

?N??  Laugh out loud

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:47 am

these people feel present US policy towards Israel is vital for Israel's future. They without hesitation supported one guy over another, regardless of party or idealogy. They had one issue, and it that issue their end justifies the means. They're certainly not the only group in Washington who works that way.

Spot on. They didn't do anything wrong, they saw something they wanted (replacement of this congressmen) so they supported the legal means to get what they wanted.

Klaus

Kroc

Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:55 am

KROC: I think A.) my opinions, and the manor in which I express them, are taken the wrong way by all the sensitive skin members here, so I carry no Flame Thrower.

Ah. Then it must be a really oversized zippo lighter that´s strapped to your back, there...! Wink/being sarcastic

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:55 am

I always thought the whole point of having Congressional districts was to have a representative from every part of the country to express and address issues pertaining to THAT DISTRICT.
The average Joe in Selma, Alabama could give a rats a$$ about settlements in the West Bank.
This newcomber is nothing but a token for interest groups that don't give a rats a$$ about the people in his district.
I'd like to see how Arthur Davis is going to use his power with his friends in New York to broker deals that benefit his district.
I doubt he will have the balls to do so.
Bring back the Concorde

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:10 am

I doubt he will have the balls to do so.

I don't. Hes a Harvard educated lawyer. Much more educated and capable than the other idiot.

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:14 am

Panynj:
Hes a Harvard educated lawyer. Much more educated and capable than the other idiot.

So graduating for Harvard automatically means you have a lot of balls and can't be persuaded by money?  Confused

How is Earl Hilliard an idiot?
How much did you know about Earl Hilliard prior to me starting this thread Panynj?

Bring back the Concorde

lehpron

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:32 am

Question: Rather than dealing with either side or being pro-either side, why not simply break ties with the entire Middle East and let them go at their own accord without adhering to our policies?

Something positive has got to come out of that.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:34 am

Lehpron:
That's what Congressman Earl Hilliard was trying to tell the voters. His message was drowned out by Zionist money from New York.
Bring back the Concorde

bruno

Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:31 am

Superfly

The average Joe in Selma, Alabama could give a rats a$$ about settlements in the West Bank.

Sounds like that came right out of the George Wallace scrapbook.
Are becoming more conservative now Superfly?
However, I do agree with you. This issue has no place in a mostly Black District in rural Alabama. The pro-Israel lobby know that they are a minority and has to drag this issue in to every Americans everyday lives.
Much like the non-Aviation forums.  Sad
I support the women’s movement up and down!

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:17 pm

How much did you know about Earl Hilliard prior to me starting this thread Panynj?

Oh trust me, I know a lot about the race. Arthur pursued that Jewish NY money, he went looking for it. Art's a smart guy, though, much more capable and vivacirous than Hilliard who has done nothing for his district other than bring it mediocre PR with his "contrarian views".

Also, Hilliard had tremendous and significant financial and volunteer support from the Arab American community down there in 'bama.

theres two side to every story. Hilliard was an incomepetent jerk and rabidly biased. your painting a terribly inacurate picture superfly.

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:22 pm

Hilliard was an incomepetent jerk and rabidly biased

Such as.....what did he do to make him a jerk?

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:32 pm

Oh trust me, I know a lot about the race.

Oh sure you did.  Yeah sure
But I am not going to get caught up in that. I am sure you've had enough time to check up on a few websites.

Arthur pursued that Jewish NY money, he went looking for it. Art's a smart guy

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you need to have support from the Pro-Israel lobby in order to get elected to Washington.
Just ask Jimmy Carter and Paul Findley.
Why do you think Al Gore chose Joseph Leiberman for VP?
To win Connecticut?  Insane
I don't think so.

Arthur Davis is just a status quo peon that will not do much more for "Bama" than Hilliard. He will only be a vote to secure un-conditional support for Israel and not make a fuss, as a 'Good Boy' should.
Earl Hilliard has more courage to take a stance on such un-popular views. That's something not found in U.S. politics anymore unfortunately.
I am sure if Bob Barr or Dennis Hastard made the same trip to Libya, they wouldn't catch any heat for it like Hilliard.
Bring back the Concorde

Boeing4ever

Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:37 pm

Amen to that David! Shame tnnh isn't here, I know he and I are like the USA vs. USSR in this ideoligical debate. Well...FLAME ON! No JK. Lobbies like the Zionists are dangerous. It's equivilant to letting foreigners elect our leaders and telling us what to do. Isn't that the reason whey America sought independence from the UK?

My two cents, ten cents, and fifty cents,
B4e

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:31 pm

It's equivilant to letting foreigners elect our leaders and telling us what to do.

So Jews aren't real Americans???? Terrific

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:34 pm

Earl Hilliard has more courage to take a stance on such un-popular views.

it wasn't courage, it was strategy. If only you knew the whole story. The promised Arab American support came at only about half the level he expected. The Arabs didn't come through. Talk to Hussein Ibbish, he'll tell you.
Earl's one bitter guy right now. Trust me, theres much more to this than what you read on thetruth.com or david duke's website or whatever......

zionistis trying to take over the whole world again..... ugh

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:36 pm

Like I said in the other post, America matters right now  Smokin cool

We have to protect ourselves. Not other foreign countires, not Israel  Pissed

Lobbies sucks doesn't matter what their cause.  Pissed

They should be outlawed  Big thumbs up

Boeing4ever

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:37 pm

Another fine point made by David B. You've just made my respected users list!

B4e

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:38 pm

Shame tnnh isn't here,

hes around.  Laugh out loud

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:41 pm

His "fine point" is that "Lobbies sucks"????

Intelectual!  Laugh out loud

Boeing4ever

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:42 pm

Lobbies work against democracy by manipulating it for their own purposes. Imagine an anti-Jewish lobby suddenly taking control. One of those existed one in Germany...and we all know what happened to them.

B4e.

david b.

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:42 pm

TNNH================>  Pissed Damn I can't flame these guys cause I've
been a bad boy. Two more days
...........two more days  Pissed

Alpha================>  Crying

Rest of us============>

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:51 pm

Panynj:
Trust me, theres much more to this than what you read on thetruth.com or david duke's website or whatever......

Umm, the link I posted was from CNN.  Insane
David Duke is a very sick man who wouldn't support a man like Earl Hilliard either.
This is NOT a Black vs. White issue.
This is NOT a liberal vs. conservative issue.
This is not a Jewish vs. Nazi issue.
You are trying to paint this issue as all of the above and it is none of those.
Bring back the Concorde

FlyVirgin744

Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:57 pm

This is what I get out of it:

The Zionist decided to give Davis money to help him beat out Hilliard because they happen to agree on the issue (or he was looking for money), but that doesn't mean that the mideast had to come up as an issue. The voters brought that up, not the lobby. They only gave him money to help his campaign for they wanted him foward their interests.

And you can have an anti-Zionist Lobby, just don't try to kill every Jew, simply try to pull down their influence in Congress, and give money to the guys losing out because their opponent recieves funds from the Zionists.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

PANYNJ

Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:01 pm

TNNH================> Damn I can't flame these guys cause I've
...........two more days

He wasn't a "bad boy", a moderator with a differing politcal agenda let his differeing political agenda influence his supposed unbiased moderating. A shame.

You are trying to paint this issue as all of the above and it is none of those.

Hardly. You don't understand fully the facts of the situation. I hardly expect you to.

Superfly
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:07 pm

PANYNJ:
You are totally trying to turn this in to an Anti-Semitic vs. Non in this thread.

If you were not, then you how come YOU were the first to insinuate that I was getting information from a David Duke website?

You don't understand fully the facts of the situation. I hardly expect you to.

..and what's that supposed to mean?  Insane

Bring back the Concorde

FlyVirgin744

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:00 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020626/ap_on_el_ge/primary_rdp_22

Turns out Hilliard too received money from a lobby of Arab donors, just not as much. Those ruthless pro-Arab lobbies.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

KROC

Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:22 pm

TNNH================> Damn I can't flame these guys cause I've
...........two more days

He wasn't a "bad boy", a moderator with a differing politcal agenda let his differeing political agenda influence his supposed unbiased moderating. A shame.

God I have to bite down HARD on my tongue to not go off on a rant, but that above take sums up everything in a few words. Good call PANYNJ, but of course this means you are now on their "watch" list.

Hepkat

Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:20 pm

Don't even try laying that guilt trip guys. First of all, TNNH was deleted because of REPEATEDLY launching personal attacks on other users. Calling another user a "sick bitch" was the attack in poor judgement that finally did him in. He was warned not once, but at least two times to cut down on the personal attacks, but he chose to blatantly disregard these notices. No matter how you look at it, he EARNED this ban and needs to take full responsibility for it.

But I suppose it's much easier to scream moderator abuse than to examine why a user was deleted in the first place.

KROC

Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:32 am

"Sick bitch" "earns" you a suspension, but launching personal attacks in which you call people "fascist", "racist", or "member of the KKK" are allowed to slide......and repeatedly. Oh, not to mention repeatedly insulting someone's wife, despite the "suggest deletion" being used to no avail. That slides too.  Yeah sure

Thats why people question certain moderators actions.

Superfly
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:48 am

I don't give a damn why TNNH was deleted!
It has NOTHING to do with this thread and I'd appreciate if you two would keep your constant fighing in the thread they belong!

Back to topic.

FlyVirgin744:
He had to raise money ware he could to stay in office. Arthur Davis dragged in donors from New York first. Congressman Hilliard had no choice after that.
Of course the networks are going to make it look as if the Arab donors turned there backs on him and paint them as untrustworthy people.
No lobby is more powerful than the Pro-Israel lobby. That's why very few have ever spoke up against them.
Bring back the Concorde

david b.

Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:55 am

The networks are owned by J**s superfly.......thats why Crying

PANYNJ

Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:09 am

They are owned by shareholders. Lets cut the anti-semitic bullshit.

PANYNJ

Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:38 am

Heres the story, Hilliard, a member of the internation relations committee, had a record of making anti-Israel statemetns to hide his utter incompetence as a congressmen, he did little for his district other than push for some stamps comemorating dead black girls.

So, clever Art Davis, saw an opportunity to use Jewish money to unseat this incompetent jerk. After making an impassioned plea to sme wealthy NY donors through an important intermediary Art knew at Harvard whose name will go unmentioned, Davis secured significant financial support.

Earl suspected this and brought his case to Hussein Ibbish, CARE, and several other Arab American lobbying groups, attempting to get similar pledges of volunteer and financial support. He got the volunteers, mostly poor Arabs bussed in from Detroit and Chicago, but got less than half of what he was expecting in financial contributions.

After running a bitter and angry campaign against a much more skilled and organized candidate, Hilliard lost and is somewhat understandably bitter.

panynj

Superfly
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:04 am

had a record of making anti-Israel statemetns to hide his utter incompetence as a congressmen

Such as...?

he did little for his district other than push for some stamps comemorating dead black girls.

Do you have a problem with that?
I sense a level of in-tolerance on your part. You seem to belittle it's importants. Earl Hilliard was a Civil Rights figure. His state has a bad Civil Rights history.

So PANYNJ, you don't have the full story.
Bring back the Concorde

airlinelover

Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:38 am

Guys.. this thread is getting damgerously close to being locked.. Most of you have gone way off topic.. First off..

PANYNJ: Heres the story, Hilliard, a member of the internation relations committee, had a record of making anti-Israel statemetns to hide his utter incompetence as a congressmen, he did little for his district other than push for some stamps comemorating dead black girls.

That comes DANGEROUSLY close to a racist comment.. Do not say that again..

Also.. He wasn't a "bad boy", a moderator with a differing politcal agenda let his differeing political agenda influence his supposed unbiased moderating. A shame.

Like Hepkat said.. Don't try that crap.. you don't know the story, so don't even thing about going there..

David B.: The networks are owned by J**s superfly.......thats why

That's not cool at all.. Again, close to racist..

Guys, I am telling you now.. STAY ON THE TOPIC.. it's not about Jews, Blacks, TNNH, or anything like that.. it's about a politician who lost an election due to his views.. STAY ON THAT TOPIC..

Chris

Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

heavymetal

Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:52 am

Heres the story, Hilliard, a member of the internation relations committee, had a record of making anti-Israel statemetns to hide his utter incompetence as a congressmen, he did little for his district other than push for some stamps comemorating dead black girls.

Ok first of all those 'dead black girls' were one of the most polarizing milestones in this country's (sorry, to you this fly-over country's history).

Trust me, theres much more to this than what you read on thetruth.com or david duke's website or whatever......

zionistis trying to take over the whole world again..... ugh

Ah, so flinging out 'zionist domination' as an tired overused generalization pisses you off, but you're more than happy to tell anyone who has the AUDACITY to disagree with you that they're getting their info off the david duke website. Nice.

Oh trust me, I know a lot about the race. Arthur pursued that Jewish NY money, he went looking for it. Art's a smart guy, though, much more capable and vivacirous than Hilliard who has done nothing for his district other than bring it mediocre PR with his "contrarian views".

So that's what it's about for you huh? The best "PR" wins. A fine patriot, a decent human, a man who puts the interests of his constituents (you know..the ones who actually have to send their sons to the Middle East because of the bassackwards 9th Century clusterf**k it has become?) first....but he's got "mediocre PR"....so oh well.

You've started several of your posts with "trust me". Thank you, I'll pass. You're what's wrong, kid.

FlyVirgin744

Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:29 am

He had to raise money ware he could to stay in office. Arthur Davis dragged in donors from New York first. Congressman Hilliard had no choice after that.
Of course the networks are going to make it look as if the Arab donors turned there backs on him and paint them as untrustworthy people.
No lobby is more powerful than the Pro-Israel lobby. That's why very few have ever spoke up against them.

OK so you agree he received money from a pro-Arab group. That makes them even (or close to it). Then the voters in his primary decided to vote for Davis because he supports Israel! The Lobby had nothing to do with it. They just gave him money, like the Arab group gave Hilliard. Why was it an issue? IT DIDN'T NEED TO BE. It was an issue because the voters made it an issue.

Money helps win an election or primary, but it doesn't have to. I personally believe Davis won because the voters supported him and his stance on Israel. If everyone in the district was pro-Arab, they could have voted for the other guy. Voters don't have to answer to some Jewish hierarchy if they vote for a pro-Arab. If most the country was not in support of Israel, then lobby wouldn't be so powerful.

David B.

Yea the Jews own the networks, just like the head of CNN said Israel was using terrorism. BS.

Regards

PANYNJ

Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:37 am

Ok first of all those 'dead black girls' were one of the most polarizing milestones in this country's (sorry, to you this fly-over country's history).

I am perfectly familiar with the tragic events of September 15, 1963 in Birmingham, Alabama. I disagree with the congressmen however, that during this very difficult time of war, terror, economic crisis, and worldwide divisiveness, postage stamps are an appropriate item to be spending significant amounts of time and effort on.

Ah, so flinging out 'zionist domination' as an tired overused generalization pisses you off, but you're more than happy to tell anyone who has the AUDACITY to disagree with you that they're getting their info off the david duke website. Nice.

No, not nice. The tone of Superfly's post, the suggestion that the Vice President chose Mr. Lieberman to win only Jewish campaign money, and that Jews actively coerced and plotted to shove money down the throat of the challenging candidate is one more in line with a conpsiracy site such as those mentioned and not by a decent individual as Mr. Superfly purports to be.

So that's what it's about for you huh? The best "PR" wins.

You missed my point entirely, (surprising for the smarter guy I thought you were). The congressman was an ineffective one. He did little for his dirt poor district other than bring himself notice and attention because of his trip and subsequent lending of credibility to the Libyan autocratic regume and his rabidly anti-Israel views, two poltical agendas Superfly rightly contends "The average Joe in Selma, Alabama could give a rats a$$ about".

You're what's wrong, kid.

I believe your sadly mistaken.

fspilot747

Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:16 am

The Jewish lobby found Hilliard as a threat, and in turn, played nasty games, including advertising campaigns with Hilliards picture next to Osama bin Laden's. Anyone who does not bend over backwards for Israel is a threat to them...pretty dirty games aren't they?

PANYNJ: Your statements are apalling. As Airlinelover pointed out, you came dangerously close to a VERY racist remark. Don't try to cut around the truth. It's so obvious what happened.

Superfly: PANYNJ, or shall I say, TNNH, ALWAYS paints everything into an anti-semite issue. Always crying "anti-semetic.."

I wish I had more time to elaborate but I gotta get to class..and to be honest with everyone, I didn't read all the posts, just a couple, so what I am stating here is based on those readings, so if what I said has been already said, I apologize.

-FSP

Superfly
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:22 am

PANYNJ:
Sorry kido but you sound as naive as they come.

I disagree with the congressmen however, that during this very difficult time of war, terror, economic crisis, and worldwide divisiveness, postage stamps are an appropriate item to be spending significant amounts of time and effort on.

So how long should we ignore every aspect of American life and history in the name of 'fighting terrorism'. That's exactly what Mr. W Bush wants you to think. Ignore everything except 'our war on terrorism' until Nov. 2004. That way he can push his right-wing agenda while the public isn't paying any attention.

The tone of Superfly's post, the suggestion that the Vice President chose Mr. Lieberman to win only Jewish campaign money, and that Jews actively coerced and plotted to shove money down the throat of the challenging candidate is one more in line with a conpsiracy site such as those mentioned and not by a decent individual as Mr. Superfly purports to be.

I don't waste my time at white supremast sites. Do you?
For your information, I voted for Gore/Leiberman and had there sign in my window.
I also voted and volunteered on the campaigns of Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein and my Congressman Tom Lantos who is a holocaust survivor.
Don't dare try to paint me as an Anti-Semite!

Bring back the Concorde

PANYNJ

Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:27 am

You accuse me of being racist, but then say I'm the one who accuses people of being racist too often!

What a hypcorite!  Laugh out loud