USA VS China

Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:00 pm

Hello all,

After reading the Topic about Israel selling weapons to China, I decided to make this topic. What do you think of U.S.-China Relations? And what is your opinion on China?

My opinion is China is a country that the USA cant trust with weapons of mass destruction and needs to be confronted sooner or later.

All comments welcome

-WSRegal

swissgabe

RE: USA VS China

Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:26 pm

Well, my opinion is that China can't trust the USA too.

Wonder what would the USA say if a Chinese spy plane flies along the beach from SFO to LAX ...

You have allies who are selling weapons to people you can't trust?
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Pacific

Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:17 pm

It's hardly likely that China will attack the USA. Too busy industrialising......

Pacific

ryanb741

Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:50 pm

Why are China so untrustworthy with Weapons of Mass Destruction? China has had nukes and has never used them on anyone. There is only one country that has used nukes on civilians before, and we all know who that is, so think a bit before you post these silly stereotypes!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:22 pm

It was the American use of nukes that freed the Chinese from Japanese imperialism idiot. I doubt the Chinese minded.

-Sean

airways1

Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:39 pm

I agree with Swissgabe on this one.

WSRegal, I knew you had to be American having written this post, even before I checked your profile. This sentence that you wrote confirmed it for me:

My opinion is China is a country that the USA cant trust with weapons of mass destruction and needs to be confronted sooner or later.

This is the typical US mentality that the US is the world's judge of who can be trusted with what. What puts the US in the special position that they have a right to 'confront' China over this? The US has threatened and been involved in many more wars than China since weapons of mass destruction were invented.

I think both countries have too much to lose to use weapons of mass destruction against one another, but I agree with Swissgabe saying that China cannot trust the USA either.

ryanb741

Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:12 pm

At the end of the day, China is a far bigger threat to the US from an economical perspective than from a military one.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

manni

Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:27 pm

Ryanb741 and Swissgabe,

Very nice posts and OOOH SOO TRUE! I wished our European leaders would have noticed that too.
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

boeingnut

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:46 pm

All the stuff going on between the US and China is all bluster.

China needs us too much economically to even consider fighting with us. And the same with the US, we need China too much. Take a look at almost anything in your house today, and look for the made in China on it.

The only thing that has a remote possibility of coming to fruition is a Chinese attack on Taiwan. But I do not think it will. China knows that this move would isolate them from the world community, and all that foreign capital that goes along with it. The Politburo of the PRC is too in love with the astounding growth rates the economy has posted in recent years. The reason for that is the growth rates have kept the people quiet about other problems in the PRC. So attacking someone=cutoff of foreign capital=recession=revolution.

And it wouldnt be a peaceful one, either.

But it only matters for the next 20 years or so, maybe less. The days of single party rule in the People's Republic are numbered.
Excuse me, but what does God need with a starship?