sushka

Guitar Playing On The Street

Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:44 am

I have just taken up a new hobby. I like to play my guitars on the street.  Big thumbs up
I realized that people don't notice me when im playing quiet complicated finger picking songs, instead they like easier rythm strumming of more famous songs.
I was wondering if anybody here likes to do this also. What type of music do you play??

Big thumbs up
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

747-451

RE: Guitar Playing On The Street

Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:33 pm

Guitar playing is nice. But playing on the street is dangerous! Try doing a gig at a coffee house or something, it is safer (and it pays too).

I have an old Gibson acoustic and play in a band occaisionally....

(PS I really like the SEXY flight attendants on your profile page--I'll fly that airline anyday!!! talk about the friendly skies!!!)

aerorobnz

Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:31 pm

it is called busking I believe, You can actually make quite a decent amount of money for practising your guitar.....my friend made about $120 over 2h for doing that....pretty reasonable if you ask me
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

trickijedi

Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:16 am

I live right by the lake (Lake Michigan) and I hang out there about 3 times a week in the summertime. Usually, after 10PM all the guitar players come out and do their thing. Some of them plant themselves in the sand, some hang out by the rocks. But it is undoubtedly a very pleasant walk with all different types of music all over the place.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!