flyboy36y

I'm Sick Of This Anti-American Crap!

Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:48 pm

I really am:

You don't see us posting how "evil" the Germans are or how "smelly" and "rude" the French are or what "whimps" the British are!!! So why must some of you take every opportunity to bash the US. I am an American from a European family. I respect Europe for it's accheivments but love my countree for the freedom I enjoy by being a citizen of it. At each turn you post thinks making America out to be a monster. But America is a monster that is on your side! If you continue to try to disenfranchise us then you will get your way... and when that happens you will all be crawling into caves hiding in fear... and so will I. You claim to love Europe, well the US is Europes ally. We don't agree with all the things you do and there are cultural differences but can you LLAY off your arrogan anti US feelings o us?

Pardon any spelling errors and typos.

RE: I'm Sick Of This Anti-American Crap!

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:07 pm

The problem is matie is that some Americans on this board do spout the shit you say that doesn't get spouted.

and when that happens you will all be crawling into caves hiding in fear

It is sometimes this type of attitude which actually enrages people to spout what you say is "anti-US" sentiment. Think about it for a second.

Also it seems that some people take constructive criticism to heart. That is their problem to deal with, right?

Goodbye

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:11 pm

Well mate you better get used to it, this isn't a perfect world, we can criticise who we want. And good for you Americans who don't criticise other countries...would you like a medal?

gkirk

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:11 pm

Hehehe.....this post is sure to get loads of replies.  Laugh out loud
Maybe some of the blame should be to do with the fact that nota lot of People like Dubya Bush, we dont agree with a lot of things the US does, eg plan attacks on Iraq.
But, I'll let someone else figure it out, but it seems like th Yanks arethe most sensitive people in the world  Laugh out loud
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

QANTASforever

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:14 pm

Flyboy36y,

I understand why anyone would be totaly sick and tired of foreigners harshly judging their country. And it seems that the US is a target for this. It really all comes down to what is called "Tall Poppy Syndrome". In other words, if they grow tall, then we've gotta cut em down. The United States is a very sucessful nation, and other countries feel intimidated by that and become twisted, despite the good intentions of the US. Americans are very nice people and I have always had a great time whenever I'm there. But perhaps if the United States in general (i.e: the broader American Gov/Civillian Communities) tried a little harder to understand situations from the standpoint of other nations, and put that into practice in dealing with foreigners/foreign nations they could improve their international reputationa little. If the United States did this, then any future anti US sentiment would be (I believe) unfounded (Unless of course there was any further future action which resulted in a degredation of the situation of foreign countries/foreign causes/people).

QANTASforever
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

bravo45

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:15 pm

I always welcome constructive critisism. Nothing's perfect, and so is America. While the American citizens enjoy on its land, there are American acts around the world that annoy others. Basically no one is against the American living, its the goverment and its policies that effects the world makes the difference.

QANTASforever

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:16 pm

Oh and no disrespect, but that "Wanted: Dead or alive" all guns blazing saddle riding comment made by your President really did fuel the fire. When you have your President making simplistic comments like that, you have to expect a little criticism.
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Arsenal@LHR

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:19 pm

Wrong forum dude........
In Arsene we trust!!

bravo45

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:29 pm

What do you mean by wrong forum?? I mean I was to the point and Qantas too raised another.

Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:31 pm

I'd like to say first of that I have a lot of respect for the various nations of the world. However, it doesn't really bother me when they criticize the US because they are basically political non-entities, with the exception of the U.K. So, let them continue to whine, and we will continue to ignore the whining.

'Speed

Arsenal@LHR

Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:03 pm

You have to be able to differentiate between anti-US sentiment and criticism, they are 2 different things. I won't deny there is anti-US vioces on a.net, but on the other hand, there is also constructive criticism of the US. If you can differentiate yourself betwen these two, then you will apreciate that people are concerned about various topics, and it's not just anti-XXX or whatever. Some folks don't with the American president's policy and if they criticise this will valid arguments and points, then this is not anti-US sentiment, it's constructive criticism. However, if i disliked everything about america and americans, called names, attack people and generally hate everything and anything to do with that country, then that would be anti-US resentment.

Since september 11th, the US has been in the spotlight, there have been a lot of decisions taken by a lot of different people, so everyone is not going to agree and appreciate everything a particular country does (USA). You could safely say there is definitely anti-US feelings in the middle east, that's quite obvious, but to claim everyone from a specific region (Europe) are anti-US, is completely off the point. There is definitely people who don't like the USA, but they are a minority, but the other section of people criticise US policy and it's government, not the country and the people, 2 different things there again.

But to be honest, this anti-US stuff is limited to airliners.net. Feelings run high on this website, it's only natural, so take it as a pinch of salt.

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

Super Em

Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:17 pm

This post makes no sense. Since when was constructive criticism considered Anti-American? Are we not allowed to criticize a government if we do not agree with its policies? If anything not criticizing a government is Anti-American. America is straying away from its old values day by day.

bravo45

Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:28 pm

Thats what I am trying to say Super Em

L-188

Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:29 pm

Sorry but there is quite a bit that is posting that falls way way way beyond constructive critisim.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

paulc

Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:55 pm

I am sure there are many Americans who are guilty of making anti american comments - does that make them any less American? One of the foundations of democracy is free speech and people are allowed to be critical of either an
individual (ie GWB) policy or action a nation takes. If America does not want the critisism then perhaps it needs to re-examine why people are critical. The UK is probably the closest ally the USA has got (rightly so) but some of the things 'America' says and does are of concern.

America needs to look at things in a global sense rather than just the American point of view - there are countries that have been around a lot longer who are far better thought of in global terms. America also needs to look at how others see America and the reasons why. There are plenty of things I do not like about America but there are more I do not like about the UK.
English First, British Second, european Never!

AerLingus

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:19 pm

Well, look. I could fret about what other people think of our country, but why?

Many countries have commited and continue to commit atocities.

The Past

-The Belgians hacked off the arms of Africans for not giving up their rubber crops (and for King Leopold's amusement).

-The Nationalists in South Africa were obviously supporters of Apartheid (their descendents of those kooky Dutchmen are still around, by the way).

A little more recently

-The Chinese are perhaps the world's biggest polluter (yes, bigger than the USA.) and they continue to commit violations of international law and human rights by:

1)Dragging North Korean asylum seekers out of Japanese and South Korean consulates in China (the PRC and North Korea have an "agreement").

2)Looking the other way at corporate practices that allow companies to pay only several cents a day to manufacture the products (under insane quotas) that will keep them competitive in the world of global markets (world trade is a beautiful thing, eh?). They have to live in tenement compounds in smoggy factory towns and they are strictly prohibited from having a girlfriend under the penalty of termination.

-Does the word "Iran" mean anything to you?

-Jean Marie LePen made it past the primaries.

That's just a SMALL sampling of the stuff that has gone on and continues to go on around the world. Why so few people are paying attention to this other stuff is beyond me. ?:-(
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Alpha 1

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:23 pm

Well mate you better get used to it, this isn't a perfect world, we can criticise who we want.

Then why am I not free to critisize you, Goodbye? Or why is it that when we do critisize a certian point of view, Americans on here are called "racist", or "fascist", or "narrow-minded", or something like that. Yet when those who hold what we see as a warped view of the world, critisize us, you're "open-minded"? Double standard, I think.

But perhaps if the United States in general (i.e: the broader American Gov/Civillian Communities) tried a little harder to understand situations from the standpoint of other nations..

Why is it that America must try harder to understand other nations-isn't the reverse true of other nations vis-a-vis the U.S.? Or don't our concerns matter?

Since when was constructive criticism considered Anti-American?

Since when is anti-Americanism considered constructive criticism? The thread above by EmiratesLover has nothing to do with "constructive criticism"-it was meant to be anti-American, pro-terrorists. Why is it, then, that we cannot "constructively critisize" it, without being flamed by the likes of you?

KROC

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:28 pm

Of course aviatsiya.ru is quick to jump on this topic, considering he is always taking pot shots on America.

But perhaps if the United States in general (i.e: the broader American Gov/Civillian Communities) tried a little harder to understand situations from the standpoint of other nations, and put that into practice in dealing with foreigners/foreign nations they could improve their international reputationa little.

Wow, so you know how all Americans think. Also, you mean to tell me that the policy makers in the government, when dealing with things do not think about the long tern effects or how they will affect other nations? Give me a break. Personally, I would not have a problem if the U.S. minded its own business, and let the rest of the world rot, but the minute we do that, those that bitch about the U.S. being in everyone's business, will cry we are not doing "our part" to help the rest of the world.

I always welcome constructive critisism. Nothing's perfect, and so is America. While the American citizens enjoy on its land, there are American acts around the world that annoy others. Basically no one is against the American living, its the goverment and its policies that effects the world makes the difference.

I welcome the criticism as well. It should be expected, but when it is not from a credible source, then it is useless, and nothing more than criticism born out of jealousy.. As for the American ploicies...see above.

Oh and no disrespect, but that "Wanted: Dead or alive" all guns blazing saddle riding comment made by your President really did fuel the fire. When you have your President making simplistic comments like that, you have to expect a little criticism.

Not for nothing, but the Wild West was a big part of the shaping of America. Simplistic statement you say? Obvioiusly you are commenting on what you do not understand. Bush made a very dramatic, straight forward statement in regards to one of the worst American tragedys ever. Simplistic...no. Direct and conveyed the message in a strong manor...yes.

For those that think "constructive" criticism being labeled as Anti-American Attitudes are missing the point. When the criticism is truely constructive, and coming from someone in a position to make such comments, then it is indeed constructive. When it is some 16 year old living in France, or the ME, or Britian, then it strays from constructive to down right hate and or jealousy. You see, I don't hate the French because I heard they were smelly and rude. I don't hate the Brits because I heard they were wimps. I don't hate the Germans because I heard all they care about it killing Jews. I don't hate the all Palestinians because Palestinian Terrorists are blowing up Israeli's every time we turn around. I do not know, have not had experience with these people, or their governments. I cannot comment on them, and be actually speaking from knowledge. If I did, it would be from ignorance. I lived in South Korea for a year plus. I can accuratly comment on the fact that the country is very polluted, dirty ect. I can't say the same about China...because I have never been there. Criticise America, our government, anything. But chances are, you are speaking not from experience or direct knowledge, but on "what you heard". Overall, I brush off pretty much most of the Anti-American attittudes, because when I wake up everyday, I am thankful for my life, and where I live.

swake

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:30 pm

-The Belgians hacked off the arms of Africans for not giving up their rubber crops (and for King Leopold's amusement).

What else could we do? Shoot 'em???

AerLingus

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:32 pm

Well, it would certainly be cleaner, wouldn't it?!?
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

swake

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:33 pm

before anyone takes offence : relate it to the timeframe

swake

Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:37 pm

doing things 'clean' has never been a nr.1 priority overhere. Still isn't Big grin

KFRG

Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:54 am

"Well mate you better get used to it, this isn't a perfect world, we can criticise who we want. And good for you Americans who don't criticise other countries...would you like a medal?"

I got an idea mates! Let's all bash St Pierre and Miquelon! Seems like an area where a high percentage of dirtbag's reside.

-Tommy

JAT

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:09 am

It is very very obvious that Americans are extremely patriotic. That's where the problem starts, you shove it into everyone else's faces. For example, in almost every movie, especially lately, there is a always a 10 minute scene which is exclusively flag waving, anthem singing, America this-good, America that-better. Quite frankly, it gets annoying. The rest of the world understands you love your country, fine, you don't have to flaunt it in everyone else's faces. Imagine a very rich person going to a middle class person and saying look at my car, look at my house, look at my this, look at my that, over and over again. It would get annoying wouldn't it? Movies is just one example I used, this attitude appears to be prevalent in everything else...

KFRG

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:25 am

JAT,
That is a very good point! Why should we stop being patriotic because of the rest of the world? We are not directing it towards your country, or other, but for our countrry! If you don't like our movies then don't go to the theater to see them! It's that simple! I am not directing this towards you JAT, but to the people who you describe. Unfortunately the rest of the world has built up a bad repuatation with the citizens of this country, and most will say "Why should we let Europe tell us waht to do, or waht businesses can sell this, or merge with this company?" And to a very large extent I agree wtih them!

-Tommy

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:31 am

"The rest of the world understands you love your country, fine, you don't have to flaunt it in everyone else's faces. Imagine a very rich person going to a middle class person and saying look at my car, look at my house, look at my this, look at my that, over and over again. It would get annoying wouldn't it? Movies is just one example I used, this attitude appears to be prevalent in everything else... "

So, JAT, are you saying that America is "very rich," and the rest of the world is "middle class?" Sounds like you have a bit of an inferiority complex.

'Speed

Rai

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:37 am

JAT: Considering that everytime STATCAN issues a statistic, it is always coupled with a statement or two of how much better Canada is doing than the U.S., I consider your comments invalid. If that isn't an example of "flaunting", I don't know what is. Oh yeah, I only grew up in Canada, so don't say I don't know.

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:45 am

JAT. Let's break your post down...shall we?

It is very very obvious that Americans are extremely patriotic. That's where the problem starts, you shove it into everyone else's faces. For example, in almost every movie, especially lately, there is a always a 10 minute scene which is exclusively flag waving, anthem singing, America this-good, America that-better. Quite frankly, it gets annoying. The rest of the world understands you love your country, fine, you don't have to flaunt it in everyone else's faces. Imagine a very rich person going to a middle class person and saying look at my car, look at my house, look at my this, look at my that, over and over again. It would get annoying wouldn't it? Movies is just one example I used, this attitude appears to be prevalent in everything else...

-Yes, Americans are very patriotic, but since when is that a problem? And because we are patriotic, we shove it in everyone else's faces? How about no. We are as patriotic as Canadians, Brits, Germans, Italians, ect.

-Movies. Whaaa, boo hoo, American flag waving for 10 minutes. Wait a minute. It's American movie companys producing these movies. American Patriotism will sell in America......where they will get the LARGEST part of their revenue. What. Should be make a movie about how patriotic Shi-Lanka is? (Oh, your pushing for a shaft by the way)

-What does your example of a rich person going into a middle class area and flaunting what they have...have to do with anything? Oh, and I don't see that where I live, just like I don't see American's flaunting how rich we are. And wait, not all of us are rich, or live in the F-in lap of luxury. 9 times out of 10, its someone who is jealous of the lifestyle that a high percentage of Americans have.

clipperhawaii

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:48 am

Several words come to mind when I hear people spout off with their hatred. Jealousy, hate, hate for themselves, and insecure. You just have to live with people like that. And as an American I allow them every right to say what they want to. Freedom is a wonderful thing that we have in this country that no one can take away. You just don't have to listen to them.(That's my right too!)

Turn the other cheek and ignore them. It works wonders! (And it really makes them angry.) That's the fun part!  Smile

End of story,
ClipperHawaii
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

JAT

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:52 am

Listen, personally I don't care. I am perfeactly aware that America is the strongest nation in the world, without competition I might add, and therefore the rest of the world will dance to her tune weather they like it or not. I've accepted that, beacue I can't really do anything about. If you're smart you'll be on her side because that is the only way to survive.

That is the practical approach to the situtaion. Again, the problem starts when people start discussing the morrals of this fact, and I won't even bother because that will open a whole new can of worms.

flyboy36y

Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:57 am

Americans are stupid.

Americans deserved 9/11.

Americans are Evil.

I don't care if a bunch of scum-bag 15 year olds who don't know what it is like to loose a mother, father, brother, sister, or freind to terrorism hate the US. I know people who lost loved ones on Pan Am 108. These SAME people had loved ones/ freinds injured in the original WTC bombing who later DIED on 9/11. But Goodbye thinks we deserved it. President Bush, while I don't agree with some of his politics was in a bind. His country was attacked and it as possible that the terrorists wanted to crash a plane into the whitehouse and kill him and his family. His advisors lost freinds in the Pentagon. So he said he wanted Bin Lade "dead or alive". Every American and most of the world did too. Even the Taliban clerics asked for his expulsion.

What I do care about is when those retared 15 year olds of todat become the leaders of Europe tommorow. Hitler hated the Jews... and almost destroyed Europe because of it. Perhaps some person one day will bring down Europe and the USA because he/she too hates something for no reason.

Terror is a plauge. It can hit anywhere. In the 1970's and 80's a great deal of terrorism struck Europe and the US. Black September, the PLO, the Libyans...
THI may be a joke... but by saying that this or that attack is justified will only feul more attacks.

Today we are being attacked... but tomorow it can be you. Ignorance will do nothing but expidite the demise of a free society. Euro-centric attitudes that aim to exclude the US are misplaced and not constructive.

Perhaps another 747 needs to crash on a Scottish town, or another Olympics be ruined, or perhaps (God help us all then) a nuclear or chemical attack will be needed before it hits you... Terror is not a US problem... it is a problem of a CIVILISED SOCIETY. In America we have a saying... "you gotta nip a problem in the bud."

Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:12 am

The huge amount of anti-American sentiment on these forums, and the fact that it is allowed to continue unmolested while those of us who attempt to rebutt have our posts deleted and accounts banned, is the main reason you see very few Americans posting on these forums anymore.

I know I've had to take a huge step back.

Look, I know this is Johan's site and he can do as he pleases. I am also very familiar with Johan's "politics." But there is irony in the fact that he is running this website under an American domain name, and doing business exclusively with American ad agencies. This site would go nowhere, quick, if it was Airliners.se and served nothing but Swedish-targeted ads (is there even such a thing?).

This is why some of us are very proud to be Americans, even if we're not allowed to publicly state that fact 'round these parts.

LOT767-300ER

Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:12 am

"That's where the problem starts, you shove it into everyone else's faces. For example, in almost every movie, especially lately, there is a always a 10 minute scene which is exclusively flag waving, anthem singing, America this-good, America that-better. Quite frankly, it gets annoying"

Then dont watch the movie. No one is forcing you to watch it.

I agree with KROC, flyboy and Alpha 1.  Smile

flyboy36y

Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:36 am

It seems as if some Europeans think America is their retarded big -brother.

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:14 am

The huge amount of anti-American sentiment on these forums, and the fact that it is allowed to continue unmolested while those of us who attempt to rebutt have our posts deleted and accounts banned, is the main reason you see very few Americans posting on these forums anymore.

ChrisKSDF. Well said. There is that ugly thing me and Alpha 1 pimp. That Airliner.net Double Standard. It is not as prominent as it once was, but it still exists and still needs to go.

Boeing4ever

Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:20 am

The attitudes are quite hypcritical Flyboy, I agree. Case in point, the way the EU treats Poland. Many Poles are gumbling that France and Germany act unfairly to them. Then those two countries criticize US foreign policy when the US wants some debts repaid. Keep in mind that lots of France's and Germany's econmic success originates from the recovery started by the Marshall Plan. Those were loans that noone had to pay back. Interesting.

B4e

qatarairways

Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:48 am

I understand that there is a lot of criticism of the USA in this board and It is perfectly natural. Airliners.net has members from all around the world. And many are very patriotic about their countries and seek to defend their country's "honour" on the board.

If you look at the messages in this board you'll find: Anti-American, Anti-Israel, Anti-Europe, Anti-Democrat, Anti-Republican, Anti-XXX. This is because the members of A.net come from a very broad cross-section of the world and so there are bound to be different opinions and it is only certain that these opinions will clash.

Also for some of the members who have been very vocal in saying that their is a lot of Anti-American "Crap" on this board should take a breather and look at themselves for a minute. Some of you above have been attacking other ideas, other countries, other relgions. Look for example at Matt D's blatantly racist thread against muslims that was deleted IIRC. Many people replied with the likes of "lol" and some even extended the contents of the thread with more insulting material, and look what they said, they kept saying its a joke and that muslims on this board shouldn't take it seriously. This is the same with many other subjects. So how come I, a muslim have to take this as a joke and not take it seriously, and how come I have to put up with your opinions and you can't put up with other people's opinions?

In this thread you say that many members here hate the U.S. because of the opinions they expressed on the forums. You say that many Europeans take every oppurtunity to bask the U.S. then please look at the many Americans who take every oppurtunity to bash the Europeans, Asians, Arabs, Muslims, Africans etc... etc... Is it OK for the Americans to critisize others while when someone else critisizes or even bashes the U.S. he is labeled as being Anti-US, Terrorist Hugger or [Insert Term]?

There has been a lot bashing on A.net recently and a lot of negativity. This isn't because a certain country, a certain ideology or a certain person hasn't been perfect but this is because of the diversity of the people here in the forums, basically everyone is different. It is natural for a person to get defensive of who they are and what they stand for. It is also natural for a person to be critical, fearful, untrustful and generally weary of anything different and that is the stem of all the bashing and arguing.

Let me take America for example. All true Americans will stand for America so if someone verbally attacks America they sure will do there best to defend America. But within these Americans there are also groups, even though they share being Americans and standing for America there are still some differnces between them. For example you have Democrats and Republicans, and many of the people who are affiliated to one of the above mentioned parties critisize the other party. The within the party there also differneces, e.g. compassionate republicans and conservative republicans and these two groups will always argue.

Basically the world is divided into groups, and these groupes are also divided into sub-groups and the sub-groups into sub-sub-groups ad infinium. As long as mankind is divided into groups there will always be differences, always be arguments and always be critiscm.

What is the solution to all of this? Well I am no rocket scientist and so there is no solution to all of this. The only thing people can do is put aside their differences and go back to being human. Not American, not European, not pro-Boeing, not pro-Airbus but simply human. But of course many people, such as me hold dearly to their identity, their culture, their religion and their country and as long as that is the case we will all have to put up with this for the rest of our lifes.

I hope you can understand what I just wrote. It does seem kinda confusing. Anyway I hope you agree with what I said. For now I will take a little holiday from the non-aviation board. It seems so pointless to get worked up about something, raise your blood pressure, raise your stress level for a measly collection of 1's and 0's in the Internet. Take my advice, have a little break from the non-av forum. It does wonders to your Mind, Heart and Soul.

Regards,
QatarAirways  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:51 am

Yeah right KROC. Why do you feel it necessary to say that I am on here, yet you don't comment on the very valid point I raised???????????? Maybe it is because YOU are one of those very people who will take "pot shots" at the Europeans.

I don't take pot shots, as you say, rather if I have an opinion, I will present that opinion, 99% of the time with facts. Some of you don't like this huh?

KROC? Yeah KROC-o'-s***  Insane

Anyway, all you Yanks and Euros suck. We all know who is the best in this world, right? (Oh yeah, this is basically what this whole thread is about...the we are better than you or we are beyond criticism attitude)

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:06 am

"Anyway, all you Yanks and Euros suck. We all know who is the best in this world, right?"

How about you Aussies just focus on running your own country, instead of supposing you know how to run everyone elses. Mind your own business for a change.

'Speed

Staffan

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:17 am

But one thing we all have in common, we like aviation (at least I hope so).  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

JAT

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:26 am

How about you Aussies just focus on running your own country, instead of supposing you know how to run everyone else's. Mind your own business for a change.

HAHAHAHA Oh man! That's great, I hope you meant that sarcastically/as a joke. Because if you are serious, that comment coming from an American, is one of the most ironic and hypocritical I ever heard!

Alpha 1

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:33 am

If you look at the messages in this board you'll find: Anti-American, Anti-Israel, Anti-Europe, Anti-Democrat, Anti-Republican, Anti-XXX.

True enough, QatarAirways, as far as it goes, but the DEGREE of the first two is so out of proportion to the other "anti's" on this board that it's pretty remarkable.

Also for some of the members who have been very vocal in saying that their is a lot of Anti-American "Crap" on this board should take a breather and look at themselves for a minute.

Why? Because, for some reason, our opinions, when defending our nation are, in your eyes, not legitimate? Maybe those spewing all the anti-American sentiment and, yes, even hate, should take a breather, not the Americans on this forum.

I don't take pot shots, as you say, rather if I have an opinion, I will present that opinion, 99% of the time with facts. Some of you don't like this huh?

Sure you take pot-shots, Avitsiya. You take them with the best of them on here-SAS23, ADG, Scorpio and the like. And it's amazing-me and KROC will give our opinions, and yet you'll jump down our throats. What a fair-minded guy you are.

But within these Americans there are also groups, even though they share being Americans and standing for America there are still some differnces between them. For example you have Democrats and Republicans...

That may be, but hasn't the world learned that when you attack the U.S.-as the Japanese did in 1941, or as Al Qaeda did in 2001, you're not attacking "Democrats and Republicans"-you're attacking EVERY ONE OF US! And when you do that, you better expect to get your ass kicked royally.

Same on this forum-with few exceptions like Superfly, imho, who as an ultra-leftest lean, we'll unite when we think you're attacking our country and/or our people. KROC, JetService and L-188 are obviously Republican, and I am a lifelong Democrat, yet we'll shove it back in your face with the same vigor if we feel you're stepping on us.

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:35 am

Aviatsiya.ru. I called you out, because you are always slinging Anti-something crap. I want you to show me where I took "pot-shots" at Europe. Anything I have said, I have backed up with facts or at least reasons. I don't spit crap out just to hate like you tend too.

KROC-O-S***. Yeah, great. I bet you were proud of yourself for racking your brain to come up with that one.  Insane

Aussies. Don't worry. I will not judge you all on this moron.

Staffan

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:38 am

"Why? Because, for some reason, our opinions, when defending our nation are, in your eyes, not legitimate? Maybe those spewing all the anti-American sentiment and, yes, even hate, should take a breather, not the Americans on this forum."

So without ever being here, implying that the whole of Europe is socialist leaning, citizens with no rights, anti-semite etc etc etc, is now regarded as defending your country?

Think again buddy..

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:41 am

KROC is a liberal Republican for the record.

And Staffan, where did Alpha 1 say that? I re-read his post a few times and didn't see it.

Staffan

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:43 am

KROC, not in this thread, but in a bunch of other threads.

EGGD

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:54 am

Well, I think you should look at WHY there is an anti-american sentiment on this forum. I don't think there are many US haters on the forums, but sometimes some of the users give the USA a bad name...

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:54 am

Staffan. But ALpha 1 backs up his views with well thought out takes and or the facts he bases his opinions off of. A rarity on the forums.

KROC

Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:00 am

EGGD. So you are saying we should base our opinions off of just a few people? I think Goodbye and Avia... are useless, but I do not think all Australians are then bad. Your theory doesn't quite fit.

Staffan

Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:01 am

KROC, so where has he got these views from? As far as I know, he has never been here. Media perhaps?
So just because Emirates_lover backed his post up with an article full of utter bullshit does that mean his views on America are well thought out?