david b.

Bush Would Be Trimmed

Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:40 am

If elections were held today, Bush would be trimmed

http://www.msnbc.com/news/784014.asp

BTW: This is not ment to be a political flame war so control yourself.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

cfalk

RE: Bush Would Be Trimmed

Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:56 am

Rather a silly survey, as it assumes that there will be a better alternative at the next election. Given that his principle opponent in 2004 will be a democrat, that is far from being a safe assumption.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

dripstick

Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:01 am

Damn!. . . such a misleading topic. . .

What's another word for thesaurus?

Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:36 am

I say this in the most objective way possible: You can get a poll to say anything you want it to. It's all a matter of how the questions are phrased. Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the entire truth either. Besides that, the election is not for another two years. Trying to predict who will win is like trying to predict the weather a month from now: Useless.

Also, point of the article was not "Bush would not be re-elected," it was "Bush's approval ratings, according to whatever poll that was, are down." Even so, 47% said that they'd still vote for Bush. That's still a very high number. And remember, the US President isn't elected by a simple majority.

'Speed

We're Nuts

Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:47 am

Guys, please don't turn this into a political things.

I need to get out and trim some hedges too. They sure grow fast! By the way, why are they green?

Signed,
Arsenal@LHR
Dear moderators: No.

Alpha 1

Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:47 am

David B, there is an old American saying: there are lies, damned lies, and statictics. Polls are the latter. 2 years out, it's crazy to even speculate on what will happen.

But I will say this: if this economic downturn, and this corporate house of cards gets any worse, Mr. Bush could have a world of hurt in 2004. And no, I'm not saying the downturn and the corporate fiascos are his doing primarily, but the president will pay a price if this keeps up.

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:30 am

David continuing at his anti-rep anti-us threads I see.....how cool....

Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:31 am

"Guys, please don't turn this into a political things."

How could we not? The thread was started with a political topic. And when David B. wrote "BTW: This is not ment to be a political flame war so control yourself." I'm asking myself "Then why did you post that then?"

What he really meant to say was "This poll doesn't lie, so don't argue with it," as if anything that supports his agenda becomes gospel truth.

'Speed

dripstick

Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:32 am

"I swear, it must have been THIS wide!"
What's another word for thesaurus?

b757300

Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:33 pm

Surveys taken on the weekends tend to under reported conservatives and Republicans. I have no idea why but when I worked @ the Public Policy Research Institute @ Texas A&M University (try saying that 200 times a day), we did several political surveys and we were always told the same thing on the first night the survey went into "production". You'll get more Democrats and liberals on the weekends and more conservatives and Republicans during the week, usually on the evening shifts.

That was a interesting job, getting told to F*** off 5-10 times a days really made one feel good. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. It was a stressful time and telling that one supervisor to pull his head out of his as* was a great way to make an exit. Acting devilish
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

david b.

Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:39 pm

Did you put his name on the "References" section on your resume? Big grin
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight