clipperhawaii

Bruce Springsteen's New Album

Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:25 pm

I have not been much of a Springsteen fan but I got a chance to hear a few tracks from his new album The Rising. I must say his songs are sad but optimistic in nature on this album.

This album appears to be the first post September 11th project by a song writer using that date and it's horrible events that in ways have affected us all in some way or another. I liked the song "You're Missing." Nice beat but perhaps a bit too repetitive. The songs message was clear. The E Street band sounds great with the "Boss" again.

I am not sure how this album will be received. Some are going to say it is just capitalizing on a horrible event ,while others will say it is an artists impression of that day of insanity. One can only wait to see the responses. Bet it hits platinum quick and has at least one Billboard No.1 listing

It hits the stores Tuesday in the U.S.

ClipperHawaii
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

747-451

RE: Bruce Springsteen's New Album

Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:10 am

Unlike Philadelphia and Tom Joad, this album is filled with "blather" especailly "the Rising" which is in the same vain as "American Skin". Maybe he should collaborate with Steve Earl. Social commentary is one thing, sedition is another.

KROC

Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:35 am

With all due respect, being a Rap music fan, Sep. 11th has been referenced several times, and yes, in a serious manor, not the stereotypical shoot'em up F a Bi**h style rap is seen as.

747-451

Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:18 am

Actually, Alan Jackson did the first introspective 9/11 song, "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning" and it was performed in November on an awards show. It is a beautiful song and free of the "wretched" liberal politics that Springstein espouses lately"