727LOVER
Topic Author

Clinton--I'm Glad He's Gone!

Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:51 am

I am so glad that Bill Clinton is no longer president. Look what his administration brought us:

Soaring stock market, record airline profits, low unemployment, low inflation, budget surplus

WHO NEEDS THAT CRAP???!!!

We're much better off now:

War, terror threats, plummeting stock market, record airline losses, unemployment up, budget surplus GONE

HERE"S TO BUSH!!!
Love Trumps Hate

deltaflyertoo

RE: Clinton--I'm Glad He's Gone!

Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:54 am

Yeah, CLinton was so great that all his economic theories started falling apart before he left office. He never captured Osama, the stock market and economy was well on its way to recession as of the summer of 2000, airlines started suffering their first losses then.

Nice informative post 727Lover. You know a lot about history, economics and civics!

jaysit

Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:22 am

Yes, and GW Bush is going to save us from all of that !!

If your notions of economic theories and history are correct, deltaflyertoo, then Reagan should be blamed for the runaway inflation, budget deficits and the rise of Saddam Hussein and anti-Americanism all over the Middle East.

What goes for the Goose goes for the Gander, I say.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 am

Deltaflyertoo, you're right: I DO KNOW ABOUT HISTORY, ECONOMICS & CIVICS

Everything I printed was T R U T H

On Osama, gee maybe if he would have captured Osama, but he was too busy defending his sex life. Attacks on US embassies were in summer 1998, but HEY! Congress was more concerned about investigating the Comm. in Chief!
 Innocent

Gee, the 95% of the time he was Prez, we had everything I listed above.
Love Trumps Hate

b757300

Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:08 am

Obviously you know very little about which you speak. It takes years for a President's policies to effect the economy. If anyone is to blame for the current problems with the economy, it is bin Laden for forcing us to increase defense spending and Klintoon because his economic policies are finally catching up with us.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

727LOVER
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:15 am

Therefore, the last recession in the early 90's would be Reagan's, right?

I'm logging off now, you guys say all the CRAP you want......bye......
Love Trumps Hate

cba

Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:23 am

I find it amusing how republicans find ways to link all of our nations problems to Clinton. According to the republicans, 9/11 is Clinton's fault because he didn't capture Bin Laden, the recession is his fault (even though Dubya blew away our surplus). You guys never cease to amuse me. Well, I've got news for you. The economy sucks, our surplus is gone, and the whole Bush administration has ties to the Enron scandall, which makes Clinton's blowjob look like nothing at all. Dubya's going to have a tough time getting relected in 2004.

PPGMD

Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:43 am

Suplus- There should never be a Surplus. And when there is one then the money must be returned to the people who paid it. Evenly by the amount that they paid in.

It is proven fact that econimic policies take years to come into effect. The powerful ecnomy that Clinton had was because of the tax cut that Reagan was able to get though. And one of the reason that it took so long to take effect was because at the time he had to get it though the Democrats, and the only way to do that was a long term tax cut plan. Which took effect, during Clintons presidency.

Now while Clinton was in the office, he pormised all these social programs. But with the taxes being cut there was only two ways to get it done, raise taxes, and make cuts in the military. That is what he did, that thus put us in the postion that we are in now.

The ression in the early 90's can be linked to Carter, and the fact that Reagan couldn't get any sort of immediate tax cut in place. Bush W on the other was and the economy is slowly imporving. Also the Stock market shouldn't be a factor of the ecnomy postion (nor should the airlines be), in the past one thing has proven to be a reliable indicator of economic improvement. Durable goods and house building. When those are up the others are sure to improve.

The reason why Bin Bin wasn't captured (or detected for that matter) is because of cuts to the budgets to the CIA and the NSA (before Clinton came to office the NSA, No Such Agency [Note: For those that don't know it is actually National Security Agency] Big grin was able to stay secret, but because of Clinton's cuts the NSA had to come out in the open to the people to ask for money). If the CIA has been allowed to continue its human intellgence assests (which during Clintons years were at all time lows) we might (might being the operative word) have been able to stop 9/11, or at least been able to capture Bin Bin more easily.

Oh god the investigation again. Personally I don't care who the POTUS is doing, but in the end he lied to a Grand Jury, that is a crime and as such should be prosecuted.

Inflation and the economy is not something that the POTUS has any real control over. He can't just say get better and it will. Instead he can put laws into to effect that might influence, but he has little control what so ever over what happen. Alan Greenspan, has much more control over the economy, but even his control, is once again more like whispering in their ear than anything else.
At worst, you screw up and die.

AerLingus

Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:59 am

I say that the good economy was more or less a fluke. Somehow, conditions were perfect for a huge stock market gain and a rise in productivity. I'm not giving any president credit for that.

I will say that Clinton did NOT:
-Piss away the surplus.
-Fray diplomatic relations with several countries.
-Long for the glory days when he would be able to say "This is wartime, do as I say!"
-Create citizen soldiers to spy on other Americans (TIPS).
-Make library records accessable to the Federal government.
-Keep what our government is doing in the dark.
-Attempt to destroy North and South Korean relations.
-Let pass a move to install Whale killing sonar on US naval vessels.
-Relax EPA air pollution standards for manufacturing facilities.
-Allow Congress to store Nuclear waste in Yucca Mountain, Nev.
-Say repeatedly how much easier things would be if he were a dictator.

Guess who did.

Since when the hell did Americanism become some kind of religion?
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:06 am

Best president to date.
Dear moderators: No.

BH346

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:13 am

Clinton brought shame to the Office and the country. Perhaps an inspiration to corporate criminals who thought they could get away with scandal just like Clinton did. The economy was in decline before Bush took office and 9/11 didn't help which would've happened if Gore or Bush was president.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Staffan

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:21 am

I liked Clinton better than Bush.

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:21 am

Shame? His personal life is none of your business. And let's not forget which party corporate CEO's give their millions to. If anything, the Democrats protect consumers, or at least they would have, if Republicans hadn't put the brakes on every piece of legislation which would have stopped accounting fraud.

Face it, you have no argument. Clinton was the best.

cfalk

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:22 am

Come on guys, economies are cyclical. A boom like the one in the 90's was bound to go bust eventually.

Why did the economy boom all through the 1990s, while Clinton was in office?

There are a number of reasons. One of the biggest ones is that the computer and software industry finally came into play, full swing. Before Windows, computers were for secretaries, some number crunchers and some engineers. There were also some home uses, but not that much. Most PC's were high priced 'originals' like IBM and Apple. With the launch of Windows, leading to the increasing availability of inexpensive computers through clone manufacturers like Dell, Compaq and Gateway, huge portions of the U.S. population finally got computers, bought lots of software and learned to use them in order to accelerate their work productivity. This provided a quantum boost to the economy.

Then in the early-mid 90s, something new came up - Internet. Another quantum leap in the computer-related industry which led to entire new business sectors to be born, including the likes of Amazon. All these companies started to do IPOs, and flush with cash, created more jobs, built beautiful houses for themselves (employing the construction industry and roadbuilding to connect them, etc etc. ) Internet increased the usage of the telephone system many times over, and pushed communications companies to invest in finding faster ways of transferring data. E-mail provided another jump in productivity.

This post just barely touches the very tip of the iceberg in what has been an incredible decade of economic change. The last time something like this happened was the advent of common air transportation and direct-dial phones in the 50's (in the U.S. anyway.)

All these huge increases in business result in increased corporate revenue (and employment), which lead to increased tax collection, which leads to budget surpluses, and the high employment lowers the need for lots and lots of unemployment and welfare checks.

In short, the economic boom of the 90's.

What did Clinton-Gore do to cause this economic powerhouse decade? Zero. Zilch. They just happened to be lucky enough to be in office at the time and reap the benefits. They were lucky to have a guy like Greenspan who could deal with the incredible monetary growth needed to keep up with the nation's newly found capacity. And they were lucky to have had the Reagan-Bush years to follow, where the sound, pro-business environment was once again established, enabling private enterprise to come up with all these wonderful toys we now wonder how we could have ever done without.

However, we now know that the "New Economy" of the 90's was in large part a mirage. PE ratios of 100-to-1, even 1000-to-1 were common (Microsoft is now trading at a PE of around 30 to 35, having dropped from astronomical levels. I consider this still to be a little high, but not too bad).

The U.S. economy was hit by the equivalent of a boxing 1-2-3 combination. One was the cyclical downturn which, as was mentioned before, started during Clinton's presidency. Two was the 9/11 attacks. As much as I despise Clinton, I don't see how you can pin that one on him. Three, and probably the most damaging of all, were the corporate accounting scandals, starting with Enron. One and Two hurt the economy, which however still had a solid base. This solid base collapsed when investors realized that "audited" financials were not so trustworthy after all.

People foolishly believed that this was sustainable, even a necessity to the point that shareholders insisted on absurd targets that their managements had to meet, by hook or by crook, or loose their jobs.

Here is one issue where I feel that the Clinton Administration truly failed in their duty. During these booming 90's, when the dynamics of the market were changing due to internet trading, new industries were going through the roof, CEO salaries were being increasingly tied to "performance" through options, etc. etc., Clinton SHOULD have told the SEC to become ever more vigilant to abuse, and should have pursued legislation to ensure that growth was based upon the same valid, trustworthy basis as were applicable before. Instead, he chose to ignore the potential problems, and instead basked in the results of the boom. Clinton truly dropped the ball here.

The stock market is the biggest driver of the U.S. economy, and what drives it is the faith of investors in a company's statements. Auditors were instituted generations ago in order to ensure their reliability. Without this faith, people would not give their money to a company - they would probably feel safer stuffing it under the mattress. This effectively withdraws the money from circulation. Investing means the money stays in circulation, being used to pay salaries, buy new equipment, develop new technologies, etc. That faith MUST be restored as rapidly as possible.

The SEC and the current administration must continue, and accelerate their policy of arresting and imprisoning the leaders of those corporations which falsified their books. They should also imprison the heads of the auditing firms which do the same. Laws should be put in place that make the CEO, CFO, Controller, and even members of the board (perhaps) criminally responsible for what goes on in the company, even if they were "not informed". Same goes for the CEO of Arthur Andersen. It upsets me that he is walking free, and passed the blame on a junior auditor. HE was the boss, and therefore HE is responsible for creating the corporate environment that told this junior guy that the contract was more important than the auditor's integrity.

The last part of my rant: People complain that the "budget surplus" is gone.

What is a budget? It is an estimate of receipts and expenditures. In 1999-2000, just before the economy started going belly-up, Clinton-Gore put forward these projections, based on the "mirage economy" which showed sky-high revenues, and therefore surpluses, from taxes on high corporate profits, which in turn paid good salaries and kept people out of unemployment lines. The "surplus" beyond 2000 was never there to begin with, therefore it was never lost. It was a fiction based on wishful thinking that the boom would last forever.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:23 am

No matter what Clinton may have done (and we all know he had his faults), I was never ashamed of him. I AM ashamed of our current (intellectually and morally challenged) president.

cfalk

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:31 am

PHX-LJU

If you are not ashamed at a man who lies under oath, I suggest you relook at your values.

Charles

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:39 am

Cfalk,

Clinton's lying, while a serious matter, pales in comparison to the damage George W. Bush has done to our country, IMHO.

jessman

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:39 am

By the way the president does not set the budget; the congress does. The congress is almost even, and is leaning toward the democrat side.

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:41 am

PHX-LJU

Shame on you! Having sex with an intern is a lot worse than alleged insider trading and other unethical business dealings at Harkin Energy and Haliburton.  Big grin Big grin

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:44 am

Now I don't buy that. The Republicans railroaded him. It NEVER should have gone as far as a Grand Jury. Believe it or not, his personal life was not any of your concern.

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:47 am

By the way, my last post was to Cfalk. Gosh this thread is growing fast!

PPGMD

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:53 am

Lortab,

A SEC investigator (which in that case has a die hard dem) cleared both Cheny and Bush W of all wrong doing almost 10 years ago.

This is about as useful as digging up his DUI (which was in his twenties and has no bearing on the Presidency).

b757300

Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:57 am

Amazing how all the DemoRats have to bring up things long before Bush was President. Klintoon, WHILE HE WAS President, was getting BJ's in the Oral office, lying under oath and to the American people and had a chance to have bin Laden turned over to the U.S. by Sudan but refused for some unknown reason.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:03 am

Really, that was over 10 years ago? I presume that would've been under George W. Bush's SEC. Definitely no conflict of interest there.  Big grin

I believe Haliburton was during Cheney's leadership which wasn't very long ago.

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:03 am

the DemoRats

Well that makes you sound credible. Going to call them "poopy heads", too?

PPGMD

Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:06 am

The SEC operates seperate of the President. All the adminstartion can do is the name the adminstrator. The rest is what comes, like I said the investigator (A die hard democrat) defended his conclusion even now.

donder10

Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:37 am

Why did the whole Clinton saga go as far as it did in terms of Congress/Senate?

flight152

Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:57 am

oh yes, Clinton was a terrbible President.  Insane

-Under his leadership, the United States has enjoyed the strongest economy in a generation and the longest economic expansion in U.S. history
-Created over 22 million jobs— more than any other administration
-Low levels of unemployment, poverty, and crime; and the highest homeownership rate in history.
-His accomplishments as president include increasing critical investments in education,
-providing tax relief for working families,
-helping millions of Americans move from welfare to work,
-expanding access to technology,
-encouraging investment in underserved communities,
-and promoting peace and strengthening democracy around the world.
-Moved the nation from record deficits to record surpluses

I'm not sure all these things happened to him as he was in the right place at the right time.

cfalk

Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:31 am

-Under his leadership, the United States has enjoyed the strongest economy in a generation and the longest economic expansion in U.S. history

Read my post above. The boom would have happened even if Bozzo the Clown was president. All the pieces were coming together in the early 90's. Clinton did nothing to help it. In fact, he should have tried to reel it in, but did not.

-Created over 22 million jobs— more than any other administration

Again, he just happened to be there.

-Low levels of unemployment, poverty, and crime; and the highest homeownership rate in history.

All tied to the boom. Are you getting the point yet? Clinton was a freeloader, as far as the 90's boom was concerned.

-His accomplishments as president include increasing critical investments in education,

I haven't looked at the issue deeply, but I think that public education is about as bad now as it's ever been. Hopefully they will open it up to competition.

-providing tax relief for working families,

Can you provide specific tax brackets that were lowered?

-helping millions of Americans move from welfare to work,

Oh please, as I recalled he fought that effort a long time until he found out that it was a losing battle, and that the people wanted that reform.

-expanding access to technology,

Oh yes, I forgot, his VP invented the internet. How could I forget.

-encouraging investment in underserved communities,

How?

-and promoting peace and strengthening democracy around the world.

Right. He inherited a world where the U.S. was the sole superpower, Saddam was castrated and ready to fall, and the PLO was finally willing to talk of peace. The world's biggest problem was Yugoslavia, but that was in Europe's back yard, and they could handle it. Eight years later, the U.S. had lost all respect, due to Clinton's policy of "Speak loud, and carry a small stick" OBL hit the U.S. again and again, with increasing boldness and no real retaliation. Yugoslavia went completely out of control, The Palestinians and Israelis were no closer to peace than they were before, and Saddam is still there, trying to accomplish his ultimate dream - to develop a weapon powerful enough to take a big chunk out of Israel, which would make him a hero to the Arabs and make him the leader of the Arab world.

-Moved the nation from record deficits to record surpluses

My, oh my, you are not terribly good at economics, are you. When the economy expands, tax revenues rise, giving surpluses. In a recession, tax revenues fall, creating deficits. If you decrease government spending in a recession to try to avoid any deficit, you run the strong risk of making matters worse - a recession becomes a depression. And remember the recession was under way while Clinton was in charge, so don't try to pin that on Bush.

Charles

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:34 am

I guess we're better off today than four years ago.

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:45 am

Cfalk made a point, but not the one he was hoping for. Presidents really don't do all that much! In the end, all you can fight about are their morals, and that's sad. More's the pity.

JetService

Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:50 am

The Interet boom of the 90s made life easy for all involved. A strong economy and automatic surpluses (over-taxation). But Bush has some real challenges that so far he has done well in answering and I'm glad he's president, although I honestly don't know how Gore would've handled the situation; maybe good, maybe bad. But, its really OK for the simplistic minds to think that the president actually controls the economy when in fact they have about 7% impact on it according to expert economists. 727LOVER, keep thinking what you're thinking if it makes you sleep better at night, but when you decide to face reality, let us know so we know what we're dealing with. How would your hero have dealt with what Bush is facing (or Gore for that matter)? Who knows. I guess we'll never know, will we?
"Shaddap you!"

PPGMD

Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:52 am

Charles are you an American Citizen living aboard. Because if you aren't you sure know alot more than most about American poltices and economics.

You also have a rather conservative view point (at least it seems that way on the surface).

Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:05 am

Guys, guys...

Clinton can't take credit for any of those things, and Bush can't be blamed. The reason? No president has that kind of control over the economy despite what the media says.

Anyone who has had any type of economic education knows the above is true. There are many more factors at work that just who happens to be in the Oval Office at the time. If you want to know what those factors are, go do some study of economics.

Also, I have another theory as to why the economy seems to be sour when there is a Republican as president:

The economy, especially the stock market, is driven by consumer confidence. When consumers feel good, stock is sold, and the prices go up. And vice versa when consumers feel sketchy. Now, with the left's relentless attempt to blame the slow economy on the GOP, they are, in effect, keeping it down by destroying consumer confidence.

Fact of the matter: The market would bounce right back if it weren't for the media constantly whining about the sad state of affairs, and trying to pin this on the GOP. Nevermind that the economy isn't really that slow anyway. Either way, it can't be up all the time.

'Speed

Boeing4ever

Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:38 am

Clinton: The pot-smoking, lying, loser, who can take no credit for the economy other than the fact that HE destroyed it! If HE had captured Osama, we would not have a war right now and 3000 people as well as two skyscrapers and a good chunk of the Pentagon might still be here today! It's HIS fault! He sat around getting BJs lucky of the fact that the economy grew, (then left it all to collapse) all the while letting America's enemies get the upper hand! What did Clinton do to get Osama??? Fire billion dollar cruise missiles at Sudanese pharmaceutical factories that's what! Under him, a sense of you can lie and get away with it (hence the corporate scandals..hmmm) and a decay of basic morals started! Now the clown pledges to fight for Israel...the country that gets 3 billion dollars from us yearly when there are plenty of things here in AMERICA that need it more! And let's not forget that Israel bombed one of our warships...yeah 727LOVER, you're right! It's GOOD that he's gone! Forget the liberals!

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:09 am

But do you have an actual argument, B4e? All you've spewed so far is anti-Clinton propoganda.

But then again, I wouldn't expect anything mature from you.

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:11 am

Bill, gone but not forgotten.  Big thumbs up

A retrospective:

Boeing4ever

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:40 am

But do you have an actual argument, B4e? All you've spewed so far is anti-Clinton propoganda.

But then again, I wouldn't expect anything mature from you.

Ridiculous statement Nutso. Show me proof that he helped the economy any! My arguments are clear. The fact that you can't find them doesn't matter to me. The man is a hack. And he's a traitor for pledging to fight for Israel. He also failed to get Bin Laden...even when offered by Sudan! Of course, he refused it, then he fired cruise missiles into Sudan years later after the embassy bombings...destroying a pharmaceutical factory. I believe the owners of that factory are now suing the US.

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:46 am

Why didn't Bush Sr. get bin Laden, huh? And while we're talking about the Bush's, why didn't GW? He had a whole year! Maybe he should have made taking down terrorism his first priority.

Don't be stupid, B4e. You know that tragedy has always been our teacher.

Boeing4ever

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:51 am

Did Bin Bin count as a threat during Bush Sr's term? No! Bin Bin declared his war on America when Clinton was at the helm. As for GW...let's see you get Bin Bin now. Like I said...Sudan offered Bin Laden to us and Clinton refused...talk about letting it slip through your fingers!

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:53 am

Do you have a transcript of his refusal?

heavymetal

Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:06 pm

The man is either truly loved or truly hated....

That indicates to me he actually did something. Whether you applaud or despise him for it, at least he stood up and said "I'm doing this."

George W. Bush is truly......."whatever." My prediction is that history will judge him as his father.....an unremarkab

Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:11 pm

"George W. Bush is truly......."whatever." My prediction is that history will judge him as his father.....an unremarkable."

You are probably right. The same goes for Bill. If Clinton truly had a "legacy," he wouldn't be running around trying to prove it.

'Speed

Boeing4ever

Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:16 pm

Do you have a transcript of his refusal?

Here, look at this...
http://www.msnbc.com/news/684869.asp

And in this article: To some extent, the Khartoum government feels vindicated by America’s new attitude. In the 1990s, Washington repeatedly spurned olive branches from Khartoum, including an offer in 1996 to turn over Osama bin Laden, who was being expelled from the country because of pressure from the United States, Egypt and other nations.

Sudan also offered the U.S. government its intelligence files on Bin Laden associates who were seen by Sudanese agents in the summer of 1997, the year before twin bombings destroyed American embassies in Tanzania and Kenya.

You show me where Clinton nabbed Bin Laden!

dripstick

Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:37 pm

I kinda miss Bubba. He was a real stand-up kind of guy.
What's another word for thesaurus?

We're Nuts

Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:04 pm

Dripstick, you do know that probably isn't what you think it is, right?

B4e, I have no problem admitting that if Clinton failed to get OBL, then he did just that, failed. But I would bet there are other factors which have not been listed, as there usually are. And as I said earlier, tragedy is our teacher. We could not have known back then the evil OBL would bring.

No president is perfect. I disagree with Clinton's neutrality in Rwanda, and I would have not been so buddy-buddy with Israel. But by in large, he did good things for this nation, and he was a very likable guy.

So far, Bush hasn't done a damn thing. He's banking on this war to save his election chances, just like another former president I know.

GRZ-AIR

Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:34 pm

If you compare Clinton with Bush...last named is a complete jerk.
It wont be long until Bush will be fighting his dad's never won war against
Hussein.
Everytime I see this guy on TV I wonder myself how he got elected.
Unbelievable!

When I joined A.net it was still free, haha ;).

American_4275

Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:59 pm

Bush's efforts towards the Middle East are deplorable. His efforts are minimal and his administration is being yanked by a leash carried by Ariel Sharon.

Clinton set up a conference between Sharon and Arafat and they were SO CLOSE to reaching an agreement. They were smiling at that meeting. That's something that you would NEVER see today.

L-188

Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:02 pm

I agree with the poster.

Frankly I found the Clinton admistration as annoying as having to type this line to provide enough filler to make sure that this topic gets posted and does not get nixed for being to short.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

GD727

Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:50 am

Clinton, a good president? Please! Clinton did nothing while he was in office except cheat on his wife and eat cheeseburgers! Also, guess who made the economy go up? I hate to break it to you liberals, but it was.... George Bush Senior! That's right, Bush took several steps to put the economy up and just as it started to go up, Clinton got elected and took all the credit! Also, I am SICK of people calling President George W Bush stupid! Sure, he isn't intellectual, but you don't have to be intellectual to be smart! GW Bush is actually a very smart man, despite what you stupid liberals think. He has also handled 9/11 not just good, but EXCELLANT!

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.