avi

EXPLORER32.EXE File, SOS (computer Problem)

Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:22 am

Hi,

I had a virus (W32.kwbot.Worm) in my computer that infected Explorer32.exe file.

* Where can I find this file in my Win98 CD?
* Can I solve the problem by running SETUP again?
* Can I take this file from a different computer or is there version problems? (With the same OS of course)
* What does this virus do?

Thanks

Long live the B747

Klaus

RE: EXPLORER32.EXE File, SOS (computer Problem)

Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:07 am

I can just recommend to try http://www.google.com/ in such cases. It came up with the Symantec virus description here:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.worm.html

Down the page, there is a description of what exactly it does and how to remove it. Good luck!  Smile

Ah, and by the way: Get a Macintosh!  Big thumbs up

airlinelover

Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:36 am

DO NOT get a mac.. Here's what ya do..

Find your windows disc.. Find the registration # (Assuming it is legal, of course).. FORMAT HARD DRIVE AND START FROM SCRATCH.. It's what I had to do.. Before going on the net again, BUY AND INSTALL AN ANTI-VIRUS program, and keep it updated  Smile

There..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

We're Nuts

Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:29 am

Get a MAC only if you fear technology. Otherwise learn how to use a PC.
Dear moderators: No.

Klaus

Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:55 pm

Airlinelover: DO NOT get a mac.. Here's what ya do..

Find your windows disc.. Find the registration # (Assuming it is legal, of course).. FORMAT HARD DRIVE AND START FROM SCRATCH.. It's what I had to do.. Before going on the net again, BUY AND INSTALL AN ANTI-VIRUS program, and keep it updated  

There..

I see.

Well, some people are even into klingon pain rituals, I´ve heard. To each their own...  Wink/being sarcastic

We're Nuts: Get a MAC only if you fear technology. Otherwise learn how to use a PC.

Yeah, what do I know - with a mere twenty years of development experience on all levels of hardware and software projects... Big grin

Everybody knows that Unix systems like MacOS are only for kids and little old ladies.  Insane

I hardly "fear technology"; I´m just bored to tears with having to change the system´s diapers all the time instead of getting my work done!

That´s why I do my work on a Mac. I just can´t afford to lose my time on the usual Windows dementia.

Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:23 pm

I use Win 2000 Pro ... absolutely stable; in over a year I have never had a full crash once.

avi

Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:31 pm

How did this post become a PC-MAC war?
I have an anti-virus and it find the virus. I cleaned it and everything is ok (without full format).
I understood that this file is not a real file so end of story.

Thanks to all of you.

Long live the B747

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:39 pm

I am seriously considering defecting to MAC, windows has given me nothing over the years except,crashes,freezes,boot problems,shut down problems, all this coupled with stupid and confusing .DLL, .exe error messages. I have used windows 95/98/SE/ME, they all have the same problems, i might give 2000 a try before i screw the stuff from Redmond.lol

In Arsene we trust!!

Klaus

Avi

Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:19 pm

Avi: How did this post become a PC-MAC war?

Because the truth hurts. Big grin

Avi: I have an anti-virus and it find the virus. I cleaned it and everything is ok (without full format). I understood that this file is not a real file so end of story.

Good to hear that.

Avi: Thanks to all of you.

You´re welcome. Be careful!  Smile

Klaus

Arsenal@LHR

Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm

Arsenal@LHR: I am seriously considering defecting to MAC, windows has given me nothing over the years except,crashes,freezes,boot problems,shut down problems, all this coupled with stupid and confusing .DLL, .exe error messages. I have used windows 95/98/SE/ME, they all have the same problems, i might give 2000 a try before i screw the stuff from Redmond.lol

Just try the Mac (with OS X); Don´t just rely on advice from strangers.  Wink/being sarcastic

If you like it, go with it!

Yes, it really can be that painless...  Big thumbs up

Arsenal@LHR

RE: Arsenal@LHR

Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:04 am

Yes Klaus, i will

Like i said, i am going to try out Win 2000 to see if it's any stabler, it would be so much more stress-free when on the computer. Win ME is just another copy of windows 98, with only win2k style icons on the desktop, same characteristics aswell u know. Load more than 2 or 3 programs and then damn thing freezes/crashes, or everything becomes snail's pace.  Angry

The confusing error messages are an entirely different matter, they have been driving me crazy over the last 5 years, and i've reached boiling point. Time to dump Gates software. (Although not Office XP) Big grin

The only great thing about windows is the GUI, very user-friendly and any dumb-ass can use it.

Arsenal@LHR
In Arsene we trust!!

Klaus

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:06 am

Arsenal@LHR: The confusing error messages are an entirely different matter, they have been driving me crazy over the last 5 years, and i've reached boiling point. Time to dump Gates software. (Although not Office XP)

You really seem to deserve a break.  Wink/being sarcastic

Arsenal@LHR: The only great thing about windows is the GUI, very user-friendly and any dumb-ass can use it.

I´d disagree... but it´s certainly a matter of standards you´re used to...  Wink/being sarcastic