The PGA Championship will be held next week (Thursday, August 15-Sunday, August 18) at the Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota.
Recently, my brother and I have been predicting the top 3 finishers in the majors. I thought I would expand the contest to this forum. Here are the very simple rules:
1) Pick the top 3 finishers in the PGA Championship.
2) Post your picks on this forum by 12:00 midnight next Wednesday night (the 14th)
3) (my brother and I play that we can't use Tiger as one of our picks, but we won't include that rule). Tiger is eligible.
The winner will be the person whose 3 picks fared the best in the tournament. I'll crunch the totals (formula is number of pick, and where pick finishes. If pick is cut after 2nd round, no points awarded) and post the winner late Sunday night.
The winner wins absolutely nothing, except bragging rights until the next Masters tournament rolls around in April.
Since I posted this contest, I'll be the guinea pig and list my top 3:
1) Phil Mickelson (Lefty finally wins one)
2) Ernie Els (dude's on a roll)
All right, all you duffers/hackers/Carl Spackler wanna-be's, let's see some picks.
For a list of the field of players, see http://www.pga.com/tour/pgaofamerica/championship2002/field.html
Tom in NO (at MSY)