Can You Hijack A Tornado?

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:36 am

Well, can you? When I say hijack, I mean in the sense of saving a town from impending disaster. We all know of the tornado warning sirens out in the Great Plains of the United States of America, "Tornado Alley." What if these sirens are knocked out as a result of a power outage due to the storm. Then, what to do?

Now, consider this example. Suppose you are the town sheriff of Arlen, Texas, USA. Yes, of course, that's the place where Hank Hill from the show King of the Hill lives! Now, you, the sheriff, see a tornado off in the distance, heading straight for Arlen. The sirens are knocked out by the storm. So, being the brave soldier that you are, you decide to follow this tornado from behind. And like a cowboy from the ol' west, you grab a rope from the back of the squad car, whip it around, and then lasso the huge twister with your rope. Then, with a mighty tug, you divert the tornado away from Arlen, out towards the open plains. In essence, you have "hijacked" the tornado, and altered its path-saving the townsfolk.  Big thumbs up

So, what do you think?

dripstick

RE: Can You Hijack A Tornado?

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:39 am

urrr..that's quite an idea ya got there.

Can I have some of that?
What's another word for thesaurus?

Boeing4ever

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:42 am

So, what do you think?

1) You're supposed to unwrap the plastic from the cigars before you smoke them
2) Break the prozacs in half next time

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

Lortab 7.5mg

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:44 am

dripstick

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:54 am

Nightcruiser pictured next to the cow, "Teetz", he saved from the recent twister that ripped through town with nothing but a lasso.

What's another word for thesaurus?

Gunships

Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:45 pm

Dripstick-Great reply & picture...almost shot my beer outta my nose I was laughing so hard!  Big thumbs up

Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:42 pm

Hey Dripstick, I can hook you up with some Corona light as well! Big grin In fact, Corona light for all the 10,000 users of airliners.net! It's all on me.

Updates To My Profile

Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:02 am

P.S. If you want, you can check out my profile. It's been updated, with new background music  Big thumbs up.

Boeing Nut

Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:50 am

Dripstick,

Man, I don't know what your views on aviation are, but after seeing your first reply and that "stogey" photo, you on my respected users list! My God, I just couldn't stop laughing!!! ^5!

Regards
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.