FLY777UAL
Topic Author

What's There To Do In Dus?!

Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 am

This Tuesday I will be leaving on a short trip to Dusseldorf, through EWR, to ride the Privatair/Lufthansa BBJ!

LH409 arrives DUS on Thurs. morning, and I have one of two options:

-I can return home that same day I arrive, with just a short 6-hour layover in DUS
--or--
-I can stay overnight in DUS, returning Friday on United

Point in being: I would rather stay overnight, but I'm not sure of anything that would be worthwhile seeing in Dusseldorf.

PLEASE HELP!

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

9V-SPF

RE: What's There To Do In Dus?!

Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:17 am

I would recommend visiting Cologne, which is a wonderful city.

godbless

Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:40 pm

Sorry, I myself am not from DUS (I'm about 140km's away) so I can't really give you any ideas for what to do besides spending some time at the airport (see if anybody of the DUS spotters have time. I know there are great guys not far from there.).
But please make sure to post your trip report as I would love to know how the BBJ flight was. And if you find the time try to get all the information out of the crew and find out how the flight is doing  Big thumbs up

Have a great trip!

Max

btw: are you talking about thursday the 22nd? I'll be in DUS in the evening... on my way to TXL.

Freya

Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:56 pm

I would not hesitate.. stay over! Excellent shopping ( the Konigsallee is one of Europe's top shopping areas ) the old part of the city ( Altstadt) for endless bars and restaurants.. take a boat trip on the Rhein.Lots of culture - you could really spend a whole weekend without being bored. Enjoy.