radarbeam

The Proof American Never Walked On The Moon!

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:32 am

People have believed for over 40 years that Americans walked on the moon, well this is bullcrap! This is a just big conspiracy theory by NASA and the American government to piss off the Russian in the race to the moon! And now here is the real truth http://www.cfox.com/geeks/geekstuff/moon2.jpg

Eat that NASA!

Alpha 1

RE: The Proof American Never Walked On The Moon!

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:36 am

Bwhahahahahahahaha!!!!

Funny stuff. And those images were taken more than 30 years ago? Gosh, the technology was jst ahead of it's time, wasn't it?

Big thumbs up

SafetyDude

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:39 am

1. That is all wrong. I cannot even begin to talk about it. If you thought it was a joke (which I hope you do) then you need to post it or make it clear it is a joke. And for that reason I have suggested that you be removed and this topic be removed.

2. Have you noticed that you do not see any faces that would show that the photos are real?

Please, do us ALL a favor by not posting silly childish material without making it clear to others, as it a waste of time.

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

SafetyDude

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:40 am

By the way: the images are VERY funny  Laugh out loud
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

gaut

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:51 am

Once again, USA manipulated the world  Big grin

Gaut
«Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.»

NWA

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:55 am

If you indeed belive that, you are the dumbest human on earth. the pics are funny, I am crying cause I was laughing so much. the lunar lander was the funnest!!!
23 victor, turn right heading 210, maintain 3000 till established, cleared ILS runwy 24.

learpilot

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:56 am

1. That is all wrong. I cannot even begin to talk about it. If you thought it was a joke (which I hope you do) then you need to post it or make it clear it is a joke. And for that reason I have suggested that you be removed and this topic be removed.

2. Have you noticed that you do not see any faces that would show that the photos are real?

Please, do us ALL a favor by not posting silly childish material without making it clear to others, as it a waste of time.

-Will

Lighten up, Francis!
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

radarbeam

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:58 am

Definitely Gaut, that why I think we should all file the biggest class action lawsuit ever against NASA and the US Govt for misleading people into believing that crap!  Big grin (Look safetydude I added a smiley to facilitate the task of deciding whether this is sarcasm or not).

gaut

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:14 am

Let's call our organization

The World Organization For The Truth About USA On The Moon or the WOFTTAUSAOTM (much easier)

Gaut
(smilies needed?)
«Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.»

go canada!

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:28 am

The Clangers discovered the moon!(the small pink mice for all those non-brits out there)
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

GDB

Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:28 am

For those who don't know, those images were from a BBC children's show called 'The Clangers'.
It was run in the 1970's, though it has cropped up again recently.
I remember watching the Clangers as a child, it was on before the BBC early evening news.
The Clangers, who 'talked' like a discordant flute, eat 'Blue String Soup' served up by the 'Soup Dragon', which inevitably became the nickname for a 'mature' lady in the school canteen!

srbmod

Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:40 am

The reality is that there is an entire movement that claims that man has not walked on the Moon, and that it is a conspiracy that involved the Russians and the Americans. I think some people have watched "Capricorn One" a few too many times. This website is basically taking the piss out of those who think that. I mean you still have people that think the Earth is flat!

lehpron

Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:25 am

I heard someone saying that the proof that man was never on the moon was that when they put up the flag, it appeared waved a bit, as if there was wind, and since the moon has no atomosphere -- bingo!

But the moon does have gravity and, though has less of a pull, still brought it down.

I never once believe that the moon lander was a hoax, it surprised me that 20% Americans feel that way.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Ralgha

Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:44 am

Those pictures looked so fake I didn't see the humor in them. However, I have seen a similar analysis using REAL pictures which is quite funny. Unfortunatly I don't know where to find it at.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

EGGD

Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:31 am

Ralgha - I think you'll find its BECAUSE they are so FAKE that it is so funny, they are pointing out completely obscure things about these obviously-fake pictures and missing out all the major details deliberately (for example, all the aliens in one picture and pointing out the shadows pointing the wrong way lol Big grin).

THAT's the humour!

Arsenal@LHR

Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:11 am

LOL at the pictures, i was wondering what that pink creature was at the bottom of the picture!  Nuts

BTW, anyone see the documentary about the fake moon landing presented by Mitch Pillegi?

In Arsene we trust!!

We're Nuts

Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:33 am

Kind of like ChemTrails, huh?
Dear moderators: No.

EGGD

Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:36 am

We're Nuts -everyone knows that ChemTrails are just a top secret government conspiracy to spread dangerous insecticides across the USA to create a super nation of 6 legged, 10 foot superhumans (of course, chemtrails only happen in the USA, not anywhere else).

POSITIVE RATE

Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:14 am

Anyone who thinks that the moonlandings did not take place is insane! There is plenty of evidence out there to support this- reflective mirrors left behind on the lunar surface by the astronauts/moonrock samples brought back to Earth etc. plus the fact that literally the entire world was tracking the Apollo spacecraft on it's way to/from the moon.

radarbeam

Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:35 am

Ok just to clarify things, this post was meant as a sarcastic one just to have a laugh at those who really believe in those conspiracies.

Nico

Soku39

Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:14 pm

^^ Could have fooled me, with that FOX bull crap and all. People who believe that just better stay away from me  Big grin
The Ohio Player

Soku39

Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:22 pm

oops should have opened the web page before replying, but its still humorous when people believe in the real conspiricies.
P.S. one of my dumb teachers actually let a friend use that site for a source in his term paper. He didnt think we never landed, but his paper was funny with all the dumb theories in it. (It was a big joke but he made it out with an ok grade)
The Ohio Player

IMissPiedmont

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:19 pm

OK, I need to go off topic a bit here. It appears that the suggestion that when a post is deleted, a note of some sort be left behind.

I refer to the Learpilot post saying "Lighten up Francis." What did I miss? It seems to refer to the post by Safetydude which was an obvious parody. Since there was an ET of 16 minutes, Learpilot had to have read the 2nd post.

On topic. The pictures show ""pigs in space". When I was but a wee child I was taught that a picture never lies. Therefore, the landing is indeed a hoax.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

POSITIVE RATE

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:29 pm

That FOX show was nothing but speculative garbage. The entire show was basically centered around that idiot Kaysing like he is some kind of expert or something when he in fact knows nothing about rocket engines. That show mislead a lot of people because most everyday people don't understand things like rocket motors/lbs of thrust etc. so they were sucked in to believing the rubbish. All it takes is a little private research and the facts will be clear.

GDB

Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:14 pm

Of course the Stars and Stripes flew in vacuum, they stuck a wire along the top to keep it 'flying'!
If the conspiracy theorists can't get their heads around that, then they are even thicker than I thought.

Bledd330

Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:17 pm

The reason the flag 'waved' because 'something in motion will remain in motion unless a force acts on it' or something like that. As the astronauts turned the flag into the ground, the flag started to move and as there is no atmosphere there was nothing to stop the flag moving until the astronauts turned the flag the other way, which resulted in the flag moving the other way with the flagpole, which gave the impression it was waving. If you were moving in space, you would carry on going until you hit something and that's what happened to the flag. It didn't hit something, just the flagpole moved the other way bringing the flag with it.

I can't explain it better than that.
For the other half of the sky

QANTASforever

Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:37 pm

Of course I'm not going to look at certain questionable sources that back up this claim but I choose to remain skeptical. There were a number of advantages by faking the moon landing. E.g:
*Improve national Morale
*Piss Off the Soviets
*Build international rapport etc.

Dont flame me for saying this, because realistically all I've seen in a fuzzy movie. Personally I have seen no conclusive evidence that proves man has landed on the moon. It may well be proven to me that man HAS walked on the moon (and I hope it is true). But until that day comes I remain a sceptic. Didnt the X-Files teach you people anything?: "Trust no one". lol.

Regards,

QANTASforever
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

GDB

Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:34 am

QANTASforver, check this out, full of good info and more importantly, common-sense.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

(And it does not even to bother to mention that for a hoax to succeed, the Soviets would have had to have been in on it too-they closely tracked the missions and received some Lunar samples, to compare with the few grams their unmanned probes from different areas of the moon returned during and after Apollo).
In fact, scientists in many nations who got to look at samples must also be in on it!

delta-flyer

Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:51 am

Interestingly, the skeptics do not argue the fact that the US built a huge rocket that took off with a thunderous roar in front of hundreds of thousands of live spectators, on more than one occasion, and ultimately disappeared from view. Yet the same people who can build such a magnificent machine would make such allegedly crude errors in faking the lunar landing? Especially when movie-making technology existed at the time to create some pretty convincing footage?

The skeptics, such as Qantasforever are so anti-US that they will use any and every opportunity to discredit us. There is plenty of proof that the lunar landings did occur -- just read the web sites! Our company had invited one of the lunar astronauts to talk to us in the mid-eighties (I can't recall his name) and we chatted a great deal about his experience. I will believe him before those malicious charlatans.

Pete
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

GDB

Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:07 am

Sadly, (though their numbers are probably exaggerated), the majority of Hoax believers seem to originate in the US.
Anyway, more debunking here;
http://www.clavius.org/site.html
http://www.business.uab.edu/cache/debunking.htm

Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:32 am

Next up: "Space Shuttle NOT REAL!!! All Giant NASA Hoax!!!"

Laugh out loud

QANTASforever

Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:48 am

Delta-flyer,

I'm not anti-US, you have just drawn that conclusion from nowhere.
What I said in my post was that I have seen no conclusive evidence (!!personally!!) that man has landed on the moon. If you want to get all defensive about it and categorise me as anti-US then fine, but the truth is I am not.

I like to look at things logically and base my opinions on evidence that I have experienced. If you disagree with my logic then fine, but I think you'll find that your US legal system follows the same logic. Look at the evidence and make a conclusion.

Regards,

QANTASforever.
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

delta-flyer

Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:19 pm

QANTAS.....

So, you only believe what is personally proven to you. Then you must not believe history, either. How about science, do you insist on repeating every experiment ever performed by mankind? Have you measured the speed of light, or do you believe it from books? Do you believe that the bread you buy in a store really contains the ingredients marked on the package, or do you audit the bakery to verify?

What would it take for you to believe that NASA did, in fact, land people to the moon? You apparently have no trouble believing the Fox TV show.

I happen to be well versed in physics and math, and certainly in logic. I also experienced the space program personally, as it unfolded, on a day-to-day basis. I remember where I was when the first man stepped on the moon, I saw it live on TV. I was a college student at the time and felt that the evidence I saw was sufficient, beyond any reasonable doubt, to prove that what I saw on TV was really happening. I also saw the jubilation of the guys at mission control -- they'd have to pretty good actors to put that on! Not to mention keeping such a secret all these years. And I saw this repeated, not once, but many times over.

And Apollo 13? That was just a little side show, to add more realism to the hoax?

Come now, I can read between the lines. You would believe a bunch of charlatans spewing pseudo-science before you would believe an American institution that has brought so much to mankind through the research and development that was a part the space program.

Pete
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

POSITIVE RATE

Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:47 pm

Hey QANTASforever have you seen the movie The Dish? If not you should watch it and learn some history at the same time. Australia played a major part in the Apollo lunar missions- especially Apollo 11. We helped the Americans by using our radio dish at Parkes in NSW. When the USA was out of contact with the spacecraft we were in contact with it and we were tracking it. That would mean Australia/England would have to be in on this "hoax" too and so our scientists must be liars also. Don't forget the Soviets were running a moon program at the exact same time as Apollo but failed to reach the moon because their N1 moon rocket had some serious problems- they knew that Apollo 11 landed because they tracked it also(the soviets sent out a sample and return moon probe the same time as Apollo 11 but it crashed so the first samples to be brought back to Earth were by human astronauts. Check out http://www.apolloarchive.com/

GDB

Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:38 pm

'The Dish' is a great film, enjoyable, funny and illuminating.
Reminds you that probably facities not directly involved with Apollo, including Jodrell Bank in England, and sites in the USSR, were also tracking Apollo, (this 'hoax' is getting very international).

There were also a few non-US citizens involved in Apollo, Canadians who came there after cutbacks in Canadian aerospace in the late 50's, Von Braun's team of course, Bendix, who made many of the ALSEP experiments deployed by the Astronauts had to shift a lot of the work to their UK division, as their workload so so full.
At Bendix UK was a young scientist called Colin Pillinger, who is now leading the team designing and building the British Beagle 2 lander, due to go to Mars next year as part of ESA's Mars Express mission.

IN 1967, NASA selected a second group of 11 Scientist-Astronauts to add to the 5 selected in 1965.
But cutbacks delayed their chances of flying, those that bothered to stay had to wait 15+ years for the Shuttle.
Only one of the original group got to the Moon, the geologist Harrison Schmitt, though the others got to fly on Skylab.
But with the second group was an Australian and a Welshman, but they left as their chances to fly evaporated after the 1968 cutbacks.
But had 'Advanced Apollo' happened from the mid 70's , they could have possibly have made it to the Moon.

DeanBNE

Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:39 am

'The Dish' is a great movie ...