Newsweek:Israel To Surrender Jerusalem By 2005

Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:29 pm

Newsweek's International edition made a special report this week. One of the category is War Zones of 2012.

For the Palestanian-Israeli conflict, it made several predictions, including Ariel Sharon lost power in fall 2003 election. Dovish Labor leader Amram Mitzna wins the election and paving the way for resumption of peace talks between the 2 sides.

In 2005, Israel and Palestanian will make historical agreement, with Israel surrendering East Jerusalem, complete pull out from Gaza and some isolated west bank town. Palestinian National Authority, headed by Marwan Barghouti, the Fatah leader released from prison after months of secret negotiations. Meanwhile, Palestanian Authority begin it's major raid on Islamic extremist military group like Al-aqsa, and Hamas.

By 2008, The now-routine five-hour drive along the Mediterranean from Tel Aviv to Beirut, across a border that opened to traffic for the first time in 60 years.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/804107.asp?0cb=-518104785

Alpha 1

RE: Newsweek:Israel To Surrender Jerusalem By 2005

Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:35 pm

It'd be nice, but I think they're smoking something that's not legal in the U.S.  Smile

Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:14 pm

Excellent answer Alpha 1, I had the same thought!
It's indeed a beautiful dream, but it's nothing more than a dream. Sadly, this kind of political dreams, so far away from ANY reality, can prove highly dangerous; it's the kind of utopical "vision" that former PM Peres had a few years ago and which plunged Israel in its current inferno.

Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:25 am

i dont see israel negotiating with barghouti. israel accused him of being a terrorist leader, dispatched commandos to hunt him down, and now has him on trial for murdering Israeli citivilains. not exactly a great partner.

tnnh

although i definately could see a gaza pullout and a pullback from some west bank settlements. not so sure about jerusalem, it is the "eternal united" capital.

tnnh

go canada!

Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:03 am

It would be nice but i believe that jerusalem shuld be an open city, dividing it wont help, nor will it solve the western wall/al-asqa mosque problem.i also think peres has more chance of being pm, as long as itsnt ben net.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit