lehpron

What Is The Highest Ferro-magnetic Material...

Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:40 am

...Available for commercial purchase? Ferromagnetic materials are the kind that can amplify magnetic field strength dramatically when current is applied. According to a materials book I read, the highest (1996) was on about 67,000 times the permeability constant. Which may be the difference between lifting a paper clip to lifting a car.

I know from a HW assignment that in order to create supposed "anti-gravitational systems", the permeability must be out in the 2 million ranges. At that point the force of the magnet with a given current is greater then the magnet’s weight and begins to float in mid air, supposedly. I guess it would operate by “reflecting” earth magnetic field to begin with, I don’t know.

Anyway, I was wondering what was the highest value in commercially purchasable materials; I have a hybrid engine concept that I need to verify if what I want exists first. It could be somewhat heavy and costly, tell me if you know, or where I could go to find it.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

lehpron

RE: What Is The Highest Ferro-magnetic Material...

Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:57 am

Doesn't anybody know anything about electromagnetic and/or magnetic materials?

Com'on gimme sumpin.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.