KLAX
Topic Author

I Love In-N-Out Burger.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:30 am

After a whole year without a salubrious Double-Double, I was finally able to eat at my favorite restaurant in the world Big grin

9149 South Sepulveda Blvd. Under the approach lights to runway 24R at KLAX. What better place to enjoy California sunshine, 747s and In-N-Out burgers.

+

+

+

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Paul Paulsen

+

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Paul Paulsen

=

:D Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Happy Clovis Big grin

I also had the pleasure of sharing several In-n-Out meals there with Paul Paulsen (see pics above) Great Fun. Thanks Paul.

TurbineBeaver

RE: I Love In-N-Out Burger.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:35 am

I love In and Out.

I wore their T-shirt yesterday!

I love DoubleDoubles
I love their Chocolate Shakes.

The one on Sepulveda is the best location of all, you can hear the planes roarin' in, constantly!!!!!!!

TB

KLAX
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:40 am

Hard to believe anyone goes to McDonalds.

jamesag96

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:48 am

The last time I was in L.A. I sat at that very location and enjoyed a great burger with a great view.

J
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:49 am

me too, best fast food chain in the world bar none.

Sabena332

Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:52 am

In-N-Out is quite good but my all time favorite is Carl`s Junior.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

jessman

Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:07 am

Two restaurants I wish were here in Cincinnati;
1.) In-N-Out burger; This place is fabulous, I also ate there when I was in Los Angeles

2.)Jack in the Box; I love this restaurant, there's a reason they can poison people with e-coli and still be in business, it's because the food tastes good.

We have Carl's Jr.; sort of, we call it Hardee's.

lindy field

Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:07 am

In-N-Out needs to open a restaurant in Connecticut.  Smile

B737-112

Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:51 am

Jessman, you guys have White Castle's right? We have In-N-Out and you have sliders, it's a trade off. KLAX, that particular In-N-Out is great, it's a plane spotters ultimate paradise.

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:57 am

Are there In-N-Out's all over the states? Or just in LA?

We don't have them in Canada that's for sure. Along with Jack in the Box.

That Double double looks daaaaaamn good!

lindy field

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:11 am

There are In-N-Out Burger restaurants all over California, from San Diego to Rohnert Park in Sonoma County. The chain started in Los Angeles. I don't know if there are any outside Cali.

Matt D

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:29 am

In-N-Out is definitely a SoCal invention. They have spread to pretty much throughout the state. They also have some in Las Vegas, and I think Phoenix and Lake Havasu areas as well, but that's about it.

jcs17

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:35 am

Dude, Jessman, Jack in the Box, ughhh! In addition to putting a slice of American cheese on their tacos, theyre burgers are disgusting! But thats my opinion.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Tom in NO

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:42 am

Something else to look forward to when we come out to SoCal for Christmas. Family visit, LAX photo shoot, Kings vs. Coyotes at Staples (wearing my Luc Robitaille  Sad jersey), In-N-Out.....oh yeah!!!

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:00 am

I-N-Out is all over Vegas! We love em! In fact, they just built one by my house!  Big thumbs up

Beefmoney

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:29 am

We have a few here in Phoenix, and they are by far the best burgers in town. They are starting to put one up right next to my house, and when it gets done you know I will be stopping by at least 3 times a week. But until then, I will be eating at Jack-in-the-box, which is next door to my school, so theres easy access. Smile

Leftypilot79

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:39 am

I have to admit...the LAX In-N-Out is the BEST. Not only are they consistently good. But they can HANDLE all the people. There isn't a time when they aren't SUPER BUSY. I've been in there when they open, and super late at night and they are always swamped. And they can handle the workload. That says alot to me. And DAMN good customer service. There is some black girl that is the shift manager there and she always has a smile on her face( a real genuine one)  Smile/happy/getting dizzy. Nice to know people car about service still.

aaron

mirrodie

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:18 am

So when I go to LAX, I should hit the In and Out for great food and planes?

COOL  Smokin cool
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

174thfwff

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:27 am

When I went from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe and back they had a lot of in and outs down that highway...(I forgot what it's called) on our way out and they stopped a bit before the Nevada/cali border. We stopped at two of them and damn those are good fast food burgers! No joke.
Will I stop using our Webber....No, however I would sure go for an IN and OUT over every other kind of fast food (if they had em on the east coast)
-174thfwff
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:30 am

It's amazing what some people consider food.

Is there an single natural ingrediant that they use in those stores?

*eat away*

Last time I was in So Cal a friend of mine and I drove down the coast and stopped for lunch a some town north of San Diego, I managed to find a Subway which was partially edible but my mate had to have In' n' Out.

I thought Maccas smelled horrid, this stuff was just oozing grease and looked vile. I made him eat it outside the car it was so bad.

mb Kicke a mime, slap a clown.

(and you guys knew I couldn't help not pass a comment)

fspilot747

Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:54 am

I feel bad for some of you guys! There is an In-N-Out walking distance from my school, so almost every day I eat there. Definitely the best burgers I've ever had. As much as I eat there, I NEVER get sick of the burgers..

-FSP

Leftypilot79

Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:29 am

Mx5,

Suprisingly In-N-Out is one of the FRESHEST places you can eat when it comes to fast food, and natural too. They don't freeze the meat, fresh potatoes cut there for french fries. They definitely have their niche. And I agree McDonalds Maccas are well...GROSS. And their Chicken (if you can call it that) Nuggest are even worse. Thats actually what made me go vegetarian for awhile. I was lit up like 747 in Night IFR, and we stopped at McDs. Well...I got the nuggets. Well...it BACOCKED at me....not cute. ROFL....quite a traumatic experience.  Smile Are you a veggie Mx5?

aaron

Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:53 am

What is it with you Californians???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!??????? LOL my brother is in the Marines and we all just got back from 29 Palms CA waaay out in the desert and he wanted to go there every freaking day! I really wasnt impressed, heres you choices..
Burger, cheeseburger, burger with onions, double cheeseburger, milk shake.
haha I mean it was good but I dont really like it... I would much rather have a Mc Chicken sandwich combo with a coke supersized but that has been months since I have been in Lithuania you wont find those out there..  Smile

NWA742

Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:45 pm

I ate at two of the In-N-Outs when I was in CA, and they were excellent.

Mx5_boy,

Perhaps you'd prefer some Herbal Tea and a fat-free cookie?????

Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

swissgabe

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:24 pm

Have been there last MAY and it was just great, I liked the Burgers you can get there and the place is excellent to take pictures ...
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

DL_Mech

Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:47 pm

I like their no Bull$hit menu. Burgers, Fries and Shakes....That's It. I hope I never live to see a chicken sandwich there.......
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:15 pm

Guys,

I'm not a vegan, just did some research into what goes into fast food / processed food and it's quite disgusting.

I buy only organic food wherever I can.

The type of food that is free from:

Artificial or fake natural flavour additives.
Processed.
GM organisms.
Factory Farmed.
Growth Hormones.
Antibiotics.
Any severe chemical processing aids.
Artificial sugar.
High saturated fat content.

So if you have dinner at my place you can be guaranteed of having the freshest, most delicious, nutricious and flavoursome meal that you have probably had in a long time. My friends rave about the food at my dinner parties and by far the majority of it is REAL not fake food. Natural flavours.

Just take a look at the ingrediants list of any fast food chain and it reads like a chemisty experiment.

You are what you eat.

mb

Beat the sh!t out of a clown. Chuck a mime in a mine. Beware clowndome.

sccutler

Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:17 pm

In-n-Out (or "In-n-Wait" as Rick Dees used to call it) is indeed outstanding... one of the things I miss from my SoCal days.

Only catch is, you can't really get 'em to-go; gotta eat their food there, at the store, or they "set-up" within minutes.

And MB, trust me- the only similarity between In-n-Out and McDonald's is that both use electric lights. As referenced above, In-n-Out's food is prepared very fresh- I recall (for example) the good, strong onion slices, not diced and packaged.

Didn't you have a traumatic experience with a drunken Ronald McDonald impersonator or something like that? I seem to recall you posting that a while back. Remember, McDonald's is a business, not a cultural icon for the USA.

Good bye.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

KLAX
Topic Author

Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:25 am

The good thing at In-N-Out (take note mb) is that you can SEE them making your food, and where they get it! They make fries out of real potatoes in front of you, grill the burgers (no re-heating button pushing McDonalds style stuff here), make the secret sauce, chop lettuce, slice tomatoes and everything! No suprises, no BS menu, good food. Thats how it should be.

Big grin

Marcus

Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:24 am

Why is Carl's Jr. called Hardees in some places and viceversa?
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

RJ

Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:26 am

Ah yes,

I try and get to In-N-Out when I go back to SoCal (I grew up there). Ever see the "secret" menu? It's their burgers fixed different ways. If I remember correctly, one comes without the meat!

Wishing I was in SoCal

RJ

CcrlR

Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:50 am

I wish they had In and out buruger in Chicago. There are a lot of McDonalds poping up now and the Buruger kings haven't had any more resturants opening up either. It's like McDonald's is building one up when I go out someplace. We used to have Checkers Burugers all over Chicago but they went out of business and closed their stores. Later on they only opened one up near where I live and that's the only one they have now. Mabye when I go to Los Angeles I can try it out that and see how it is.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:41 am

Dear Mr. XXXXX:
Thank you for your e-mail, and for your interest in In-N-Out Burger.

In response to your question, we have several commonly requested burger styles, such as Animal style which do not appear on our menu. A you may know, our Animal style burgers come with lettuce, tomato, extra spread, pickles, grilled onions, and mustard fried into the patty. We also offer Protein style burgers, for which we wrap the burger in large leaves of lettuce instead of placing it on a bun.

In addition, we have commonly requested burgers that are not on our menu. These burgers include the Wish burger, the Grilled Cheese burger, the Double-Meat, and the 3x3. The Wish burger is similar to a hamburger but does not contain the meat. The Grilled Cheese burger is similar to the Wish burger, but adds two slices of melted cheese. The Double-Meat is similar to the Double-Double in that it has two meat patties, but it does not have cheese. The 3x3 burger is a burger with three meat patties and three slices of cheese, and you can add meat patties and slices of cheese to make a 4x4, 5x5, etc.

Again, although these styles and burgers are not on the menu, you can order them at all our locations.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely, Customer Service Representative

There is a website if people want to know the full secret menu. I have to say, I am impressed with their philosophy and website. I just assumed they were another unimpressive Fast Food outfit. (Never having eaten there, but having seen friends eat the stuff.)

mb  Big grin

Kill the red headed freak with the size 47 shoes.

rooinc

Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:59 pm

Read an interesting article about In&Out some months ago in the Times--managers make at least 80K a year, are taken, with spouse/partner every year for a two week vacation with all the other managers in the chain to some exotic locale (Australia and the Caribbean were mentioned), all travel expenses paid...don't know much about the other fast food chains, but I think that makes a pretty damn good case for working for a family owned chain! I believe that the part timers, it said, make no less than 10 bucks an hour to start as well. Since then, I wonder no more why the service is always so damned good!

--TJ

RJ

Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:28 pm

Mx5_boy,

That's the menu I'm talking about. My father likes his burger animal style (no jokes please).

Did you all know that the Westwind that crashed short of SNA due to wake turbulence from a 757 had In-N-Out execs on it? It was a sad day in SoCal.

RJ

FDXmech

Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:25 pm

I love In and Out.

So does Donny, Walter and "the dude." Smile
You're only as good as your last departure.

flyingbronco05

Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:28 pm

Whenever my family flies into california, we always get our luggage then go find an in n out burger. I lived there for 14 years and i crave it today still. The hamburgers are the best there and so are the shakes/malts.

Keep up the good work in n out!
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

fspilot747

Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:04 am

Ah...I think I'm gonna go there today. This thread is making me hungry.

Yeah about the crash...Apparently most of the Execs of In-N-Out (CEO, CFO, etc...) died in that crash. I believe it was an executive jet that got in the wake turbulence of a 757..threw into the ground so fast. I talked to a lady at a pilot supply store on campus drive (right next to the executive jet hangars--Signature Aviation), and she was telling me that pretty much everyone was on that plane, and the business was left to just two daughters or something like that. Very sad.

On a side note, I was at In-N-Out day before yesterday after school, and I saw this really old guy behind the counter helping with the burgers. I looked up as I was paying the cashier, and he gave a friendly wave and said "hey how are you" and I told him I was doin great, and he smiled. I wonder if he is one of the execs that wasn't on that plane, who was just traveling around to different In-N-Out locations. I had never seen him before at that In-N-Out, and I've been going there almost daily for a long time..

-FSP

sdate747

Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:34 am

Everytime I am in SoCal I go to the LAX In-N-Out. Watching heavies land while eating a In-N-Out double w/ cheese is a euphoric experience. Thinking about that keeps me going on nights when I'm up late doing assignments and projects here at college. And yes... whenever I wear my In-N-Out t shirt to the gym somebody asks me about it. Its cool.

Hurricane

Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:55 am

We got nothin' here in NC. We got Mickey D's, Burger King, Wendy's, and a few select Hardees.

But we got one thing none of y'all in SoCal have: Bojangles'.

I know it isn't beef, but you haven't eaten a meal until you've had Bojangles chicken. *drool*

RayChuang

Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:55 pm

Good thing there's an In-N-Out place within walking distance of my condo.  Big thumbs up

They have probably the best hamburgers and french fries in town, no contest.  Smile

Leftypilot79

Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:12 am

I have a fake IN-N-Out by my house called. EZ-OUT. They aren't as good....but a great knock off when you can't get to IN-n-out. Plus...they have 99cent Weds.  Smile

aaron