ly772

Bomb Blast In Tel Aviv!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:52 pm

At least five are dead, over 45 injured.

http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/19/mideast.violence/index.html

----------------------
This time, ocupation cannot be blamed. Israel has eised it's restrictions on the "palestinians" and it has paid the price.

---------------------
-LY772

RE: Bomb Blast In Tel Aviv!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:06 pm

LY772, you don't understand anything...This explosion is the expression of a person who desperately wants PEACE. And that's what makes it TOTALLY different from Bin Laden's terror...indeed, it is "not really terrorism", as somebody has so brilliantly said in the "the USA should learn from the attacks" thread.

(well...I don't write this member's username...because, since "he" hasn't yet participated in THIS thread, my post would be deleted(!))

go canada!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:11 pm

this is a typical tactic by the palestinian terrorists and follows yesterday bombing in northern israel which conicided with a new middle eastern peace plan from the un, us, russia and eu which the israelis welcomed, we now see the palestinian terror response.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2268392.stm

either yasser arafat agrees with them or he has no power and is therefore irrelevant.

Anyone thinking there can be peace while there are groups like hamas, hezzbollah and islamic jihad around are clearly deluding themselves.

expect no sympthay from some quarters Ly who will no doubt trot out the usual tied lines about ariel sharon and the uss liberity.

killing innocent israelis and palestinians isnt the answer, if the palestinians want their freedom and their state then peaceful protest and a clampdown on terror is the only way.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

LY744

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:12 pm

Occupation can always be blamed. Even if the I's would kiss the P's ass for the next thousand years, the Ps would still have the sacred right to do whatever the hell they want, since they are the only and undsiputed victims in this story. I suppose it's much like the rights the people whom the Ps stole the land from have, or, the rights Native Americans have in regard to North American Palestinians, or, like the Ps could have done to the numerous other occupators in their history, but didn't.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

KROC

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:13 pm

2 days, 2 suicide bombers................How long before a certain select few start blaming this on Israel anyway? I can see it now....."Israli civilians should just know better than to ride the bus".  Yeah sure

go canada!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:19 pm

for the record there was a bomb attack two days ago by a jewish militant group on an arab school, one bomb went off, more were planted, guess who stopped the other bombs and rushed to the scence to help?

1)hamas
2)Islamic Jihad
3)Al-aqsa
4)Al-queda
5)hezzbollah
6)palestinian security forces

no, none of them, cant guess yet?

answer:the israel defence force, the idf.

galaxy5

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:02 pm

well im sure we will soon see the posts "when the evil occupation forces leave the peace loving peoples of palestine and the terrible pain and suffering brought on by the demonic Israeli's is lifted there will no longer be a need for the valiant and heroic palastinian freedom bombers and then we can all hug and love each other"
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

galaxy5

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:07 pm

and dont forget this

A spokesman for Hamas, Abdel Aziz Rantisi, said he did not know who was behind the attack but welcomed it.

"The Zionists are paying for the crimes and terrorism of their leaders and they should know that we are the real owners of this land and we would never give it up," he said.

it is also reported that more than 2/3 of paletinians support Hamas and other terror groups

go canada!

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:14 pm

bbc news right now "the israelis had hoped beyond their dreams that there wouldnt be any more bombings" and "the most serious incident in the middle east for six weeks"

"it is also reported that more than 2/3 of paletinians support Hamas and other terror groups "

Approx 60% of palestinians support sucide attacks, that doesnt mean to say they are all terrorists.

galaxy5

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:20 pm

"Approx 60% of palestinians support sucide attacks, that doesnt mean to say they are all terrorists."

um ok so a suicide bombing is not a terrorist attack? please explain the difference.

Alpha 1

Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:06 pm

Again, we see a pattern: there's been more easing of restrictions; more negotiations for a long-term peace, and what always happens when there's even a hint of peace? More attacks. Israel has done nothing to provoke these latest attacks, so our THI friends can stow that one for once.

go canada!

Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:38 am

"Approx 60% of palestinians support sucide attacks, that doesnt mean to say they are all terrorists."

um ok so a suicide bombing is not a terrorist attack? please explain the difference."

errm, thats not what i said, a sucide attack is a terrorist attack.I simply stated that though 60 % of palestinians support sucide bombers than doesnt mean that they are ALL terrorists. A minority of palestinians are running it for the majority, you cannot tar them all with the same brush nor can you tar all israelis with the same brush and call them nazis and facists.Within the context of dicussing the middle east, its an important and relevant point to make.

I didnt say that suicide bombing isnt a terrorist attack.Kindly please read my statements before taking them out of context.

regards

go canada!

ps-article on the palestinian terror campaign since 2000
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1197051.stm

KLAX

Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:34 am

I guess our Hamas/Al-Aqsa M. B./Hizbollah supporter par exellence has nothing to say here. This is bullcrap. If this were happening to any other country in the world you can bet there'd be a huge war.

racko

Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:40 am

Day 1: New peace ideas by the UN/EU/US/Russia/anybody else.
Day 2: New palestinian terror attack on Israel
Day 3: Israelian Counter-attack
Day 4: Palestinian terror attack
Day 5: Israelian Counter-attack
Day 6: Palestinian terror attack

And so on. In German, that's called a "Teufelskreis" (devil-circle)

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:10 am

A minority of palestinians are running it for the majority

60% sure sounds like the majority is ruining it for the minority, since it's the general consensus to consider those who support terrorism and those who commit terrorism as part of the same camp.
fuddle duddle

wn700driver

Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:29 am

Yes Racko,

For the forseeable future this is the way it will be. For a long time I thought that Isreal would just have to give up & walk away (many in palastine REALLY do want peace!), and if they did that, these attacks would stop. I say this because this is the way it has gone in Northern Ireland for about the last seven years or so. There are occasional disputes, but for the most part Sinn Fein is a relic & the torries have eased up quite a bit.
Here though, it looks like there is a different breed of cat about. I don't think these knuckle heads will ever get it into their heads that most Isrealis really do want out of there anyways, and DO NOT support what Sharon & Bibi are up to. And like a bunch of morons, those people who do want to leave them alone are usually the ones who are punnished for it with these attacks. It's time to call a spade a spade & wipe them the fu(k out. Then, those who live through it and are genuinely interested in peaceful coexistance can be rewarded with the prosperity that Soveriegn Nationhood can offer.

My .02

Cheers...
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

go canada!

Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:08 am

"general consensus to consider those who support terrorism and those who commit terrorism as part of the same camp."

no, it isnt,you can support terrorism because you feel its the only option, it dosnt makeyou a terrorist though, also approx 60% of palestinians feel that compromise is necessary in the middle east.

go canada!

Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:20 am

Two Scots were injured in the attack, therefore shpwing once more these groups target civilains regardless of nationality(another case is the bombing at the university which killed americans and injured people from many nations).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2269490.stm

Pictures from tel-aviv
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2269045.stm
further infohttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2268392.stm

Israels struggle for security

"In April 2001, Israeli troops briefly reoccupied part of Gaza that had been ceded to full Palestinian control.

In May, a suicide bomber, dispatched by militant group Hamas, blew himself up in an Israeli population centre for the first time in this intifada, outside a shopping centre in Netanya. Five Israelis were left dead and 100 wounded.

Bombers struck again devastatingly in June, killing 22 people in a Tel Aviv nightclub. In August, 15 people were killed in a Jerusalem pizzeria.

After Tel Aviv nightclub attack, Mr Sharon refrained from tough military action." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2269430.stm

"The killing of Zeevi opened a new chapter of bloodshed. Israel invaded six West Bank cities killing dozens of Palestinians and demanding that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's administration hand over those responsible for Zeevi's death.

The troops withdrew in stages, but the Palestinian militants hit back within days with simultaneous suicide bomb attacks in Jerusalem and Haifa, killing 25 Israelis"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2269430.stm

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:16 am

no, it isnt,you can support terrorism because you feel its the only option

OMG, terrorism is never an option. Thousands of years of evolution right out the window. If you support the act of terrorism, how might you show that support? Trasport them? Harbour them? Aid them? supporting terrorism is just one or two steps below blowing yourseld up in some busy public space.

fuddle duddle

777236ER

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:29 am

Hehe, look at you. You're attacking Go Canada, who's one of the biggest pro-Israel people here. For god's sake, if someone is against you that doesn't make you a terrorist.

Things aren't as simple as some people like to think. For certain people, terrorism does seem like the only option. What would YOU suggest AC320? Their leaders are doing fuck all, they've got Israeli soldiers shooting at them and limiting their movement to the point where they're starving. What would you do?
Your bone's got a little machine

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:44 am

Do I care that he is pro-Israel? No. Do you honestly think I'm saying what I have because I think he's Pro-Palestinian and therefore evil in my eyes? You better not or you're suffering serious rectal-cranial inversion, cause I've explained my stance on this issue enough. If I see something that I don't like, if I don't agree with you, you better damn well expect I'm going to let you know.

As for what I would do, I honestly don't know. However, I can tell I wouldn't be running around with C4 strapped to me; that is the lowest of lows. Maybe its not the Israelis they should be fighting but certain elements within their own society.
fuddle duddle

777236ER

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:54 am

But to them it's the Israelis who are doing this to them. You can't condemn these people for supporting terrorists when you have no other option for them.
Your bone's got a little machine

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:58 am

I said " Maybe its not the Israelis they should be fighting but certain elements within their own society." Perhaps they neeed to get their house in order first, because it is interesting how a terrorist attack follows any signs of a peace treaty or efforts. Sounds like they need to get their house in order first.

fuddle duddle

Hepkat

Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:27 am

Guys, it's far too easy to sit here in the West, in our comfortable air conditioned/heated houses, with a television and telephone in every room, cable/satellite, broadband internet connection, 250 horsepower sedan in the garage and judge the actions of those 100 times less fortunate than we are.

The fact is, we don't know how we would react were we in their situation. Poverty combined with ignorance and revenge is a terrible cocktail for disaster.

Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:57 am

The fact is, we don't know how we would react were we in their situation. Poverty combined with ignorance and revenge is a terrible cocktail for disaster.

We do though. The Palestinians have no "monopoly" on poverty or desperation or whatever. Bullshit if you believe that. Hundreds of millions, maybe billions, of the worlds people live in similar if not far worse conditions. These people do not resort to barbaric animal tactics.

So its BS to say we don't know how people react, because we've seen it since the beginning of time, and only the Palestinians have put such barbaric terror to such evil use.

This explosion is the expression of a person who desperately wants PEACE.

Great line Toda. Absolutely my thinking too.

By the way, isn't this a cool police hat?

Alpha 1

Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:21 am

Finding reasons to excuse the deliberate taking of human life like this is also a pretty disgusting tasting cocktail, Hepkat.

9Y-ISA

Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:27 pm

HepKat,
I can see what you are trying to say and I agree wit you. Our life is totally different here and is easy for us to say "that is wrong or they deserve that...etc...but you have these people who only see things through the "JEWISH EYES ONLY".i.e TNNH...ALPHA 1..

go canada!

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:24 pm

9Y-how did you come up with such a worthwhile statement, what have you based this statement on, did any one say the life of a israeli(which is the issue here, not every jew is an israeli, not every israeli is a jew) is worth more than the life of a palestinian civilain or of a child in africa with aids? no they didnt, did they?

"Jewish eyes only", where were the jews mentioned, seems like someone has a thing about the jews and it isnt alpha one or tnnh.

Hepkat, a nice, wishsy-washy statement however take it from one whos been to the middle east, you cant understand why people blow themselves up, thats why we are condemming it.No one can ever justify a civilain going onto a bus and killing more people, including foreginers(a scottish student has just died) in the name of their cause. Theres plenty of people in the world who are suffering but you dont see all of them blowing each other up do you, what about the africans with aids or how are straving to death?

AC320, these palestinians civilains are easily brainwashed by hateful propaganda that twists the islamic faith then these people feel they have no hope.i didnt say terrorism is an option, i will never support terrorism having been in the past affected by it.However, i simply stated my views to show that not all palestinians should be tarred with the same brush, they arent all terrorists and sometimes its easy to forget that.

what is telling is the same people attacking israel on a thread recently have stayed away when we see another example of the palestinains wrecking the peace process, true to form a new peace plan comes out and the palestinian terrorists and their allies in the P.A reject it. The same people calling israel a state terrorist because a jewish group set of a bomb in an arab school are the same ones absent when it was found that the IDF(israeli army) had actually rushed to the school to helpand actually denetated another device, when theres a palestinian bomb, you dont see yasse arafat rushing to help.

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:30 pm

I didn't say they were all terrorists, my comments clearly were aimed at the 60% of them who support such acts. Otherwise, outside of terrorism and other things we always hear about them, I'm sure the Palestinians are a unique and culturally interesting people
fuddle duddle

go canada!

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:35 pm

i respect that, however as i said 60% of palestinians may support the suicide bombers but 60%(approx) believe there is compromise to be had in the middle east.Ariel sharon is the pm of israel, does that ean all israelis are guilty of human rights abuses? no it doesnt.I am simply making the point that being a terror support doesnt make you a terrorist.

regards

go canada!

"I'm sure the Palestinians are a unique and culturally interesting people "

they are, so are the israelis, sometimes that doesnt come through.

Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:44 pm

Ariel sharon is the pm of israel, does that ean all israelis are guilty of human rights abuses?

As Ariel Sharon has committed no crime, I don't really understand this "question"...

Alpha 1

Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:11 pm

but you have these people who only see things through the "JEWISH EYES ONLY".i.e TNNH...ALPHA 1..

That's pretty funny, seeing that I'm a lot more unbiased than any of those who sympathize with the terrorists on this forum. I've critisized Israel's policies in the past, and will continue to do so when I feel it's necessary. Why the hell am I bothering to defend myself to you, actually? You'll believe what you want to anyway.

Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:14 pm

Toda, you are well aware that Sharon planned the murders of hundreds of Palestinian refugees at Sabra and Shatila; and provided a cordon of Israeli troops to prevent them escaping whilst the Druze militia did the actual killings. He was removed as Minister of Defence as a result of this; and his erstwhile Chistian Lebanese comrade in crime was killed in a massive car bomb in order to prevent him testifying.

Here we have yet another instance of the murder of children by the IDF ... a 12 year old boy was shot and killed by troops. With six shots in the chest, that's no 'accident' as the IDF usually claims ... it is cold, calculated murder of a child.

http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/international.cfm?id=1044662002

Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:30 pm

that's no 'accident' as the IDF usually claims ... it is cold, calculated murder of a child....according to self-declared military expert sas23...

it is cold, calculated murder of a child...sure; to use his blood in some sweeties for the Sukkot holyday, isn't it?
(The recipes are to be found in several Arab newspapers)

wn700driver

Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:25 pm

As Ariel Sharon has committed no crime, I don't really understand this "question"...

Wow, got some more ignorance for us there, Toda? I'll need a good laugh later...
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

AC320

Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:32 pm

From the article SAS23 posted:

Abdel Salam Samreen, pictured, was shot in the chest as he was walking on the street near his home, breaking an Israeli curfew.

The boy’s mother, Wafiqa, said that his father had sent him to a shop to buy cigarettes. She said that five minutes after her son had left, somebody had come to tell her that he had been shot.

Oh I see now, he was breaking a curfew. They should have known better, realizing how strictly the IDF enforces that curfew. Why was he breaking this curfew? For vital supplies like food or water? No, because his father sent him for cigarettes  Insane wow, a young life wasted over a nicotine fix.
fuddle duddle

david b.

Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:40 pm

So, are you saying that the boy should be killed? What if he was one of your Jews? What would you say? Were talking about month long curfews here.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Alpha 1

Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:47 pm

No, David, he's not saying this: he's saying the parents are stupid idiots for defying a curfew that has been put in place, all over a pack of ciggies.

I do think this a huge over-reaction, in shooting the boy 6 times in the chest, though, and if is proven he did nothing to provoke the attack, then those who shot him should be punished.

Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:21 am

Palestinian refugees at Sabra and Shatila; and provided a cordon of Israeli troops to prevent them escaping whilst the Druze militia did the actual killings

DAMNIT, YOU'VE GOT YOUR FACTS ALL WRONG NEIL. Would you stop saying this, the Lebanese Druze had no connection or involvement in the Sabra and Chatila massacres. How can you place yourself in a position where we are supposed to believe your comments if they are riddled with half-truths and innacuracies.

Please, for god sakes, go read up on your history, and get your strong straight. THEN, you can try and peddle your crap on here. But to start with the Druze had no involvement in Sabra and Chatila, in a stark Mideast reality, neither did Israel. It was Christian Phalangists taking revenge for their murdered leader several days before.

TNNH

AC320

Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:30 am

So, are you saying that the boy should be killed? What if he was one of your Jews? What would you say? Were talking about month long curfews here.

Insane Once again for those who aren't listening way up there in the back, I don't care if they are Jewish or Palestinian, but if someone there does something that I percieve as either a) Wrong (suicide bombing), or b) really dumb (defying a military curfew) I'm going to form an opinion about it that is not based on religion, national origin, or ethnicity. Now kindly remove any cranial structures from certain rectal passages before posting again.
fuddle duddle

david b.

Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:44 am

Month long curfews man. People are going to go out. Like it or not. The IDF should not shoot at a young 12 year old like Alpha said. Are they really that wimpy? Some show of force there. A heavy machine gun vs. Unarmed 12 year old.

AC320

Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:51 am

So your argument has been reduced to whether the IDF is "wimpy" or "macho"? Simply amazing.
fuddle duddle

david b.

Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:56 am

He should not be out there but there is a long curfews. The IDF should not shoot at a 12 year old. Would you? Do you think that the IDF did the right thing by killing an unarmed child?

go canada!

Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:24 am

SAS23, since a scot has been killed in this lastest massacre then surely thats something you condone, the killing of innocent civilians, if thats the case why havent you?

since it took you a while to post as well, i can only assume that you were holding out until you found something to bash the israelis over the head with?

David b, do you think the palestinians did the right thing in bombing innocent israelis?

furthermore, do you think that the israeli defense force did the right thing in resurcing palestinian school children from a bomb at their school?

1 palestinian is shot for breaking an order and your in hysterics, 6 people plus the suicide bomber die in a sucide attack in israel and you dont batter an eyelid, why is that?

the issue here is that the palestinuians have rejected the latest un peace plan by their return to terror.

david b.

Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:52 am

David b, do you think the palestinians did the right thing in bombing innocent israelis?

No

furthermore, do you think that the israeli defense force did the right thing in resurcing palestinian school children from a bomb at their school?

Finally they do something right. Its about time.

1 palestinian is shot for breaking an order and your in hysterics, 6 people plus the suicide bomber die in a sucide attack in israel and you dont batter an eyelid, why is that?

Your putting yourself as low as the terrorists. Why do that? Isnt Israel suppose to be a so called "outpost" of democratic ideas? Do you think that 12 year old deserved to die?

wn700driver

Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:54 am

No, David, he's not saying this: he's saying the parents are stupid idiots for defying a curfew that has been put in place, all over a pack of ciggies.

I do think this a huge over-reaction, in shooting the boy 6 times in the chest, though, and if is proven he did nothing to provoke the attack, then those who shot him should be punished.

That's it really. What the hell kind of parent would let their kid break curfew (never mind SENDING him out for smokes), in the first damned place? This may be a political issue here, but is just as much a story of negligence & ignorance on the parent's part. God have mercy on their souls for the emotional self-torment & guilt they will most likely endure (even if they outwardly blame it on the Jews), for the rest of their lives, the cretins.

As for the IDF, I can only hope that this is not standard operating procedure & that head or two will roll over the issue. That being the case, I think we can draw an interesting comparison here. Has anyone ever seen Hamas or IJ, or the PA apologize or punish someone for "accidentally" (or othewise, of course), blowing up some Jewish couple's little kid?

To the THI crowd... I am genuinley sympathetic to the cause, and know taht Isreal has no business in the WB or the strip, but they need to grow a damned clue already. There is no future for terrorism, only a refuge for criminals, and a temporary one at that. These people that start this sh*t back up need to be locked in a small room w/ Sharon & Netenyahu & friends. Godwilling, none will comeout alive, and maybe one day capitalistic prosperity will flood the region...
But for now, it's a damned curfew, not death row. It's not like there is anything to do out in the streets there anyways at night. The last line is a sharo criticism of boh sides, btw.

Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:40 am

Russell - you are of course correct - it was Phalangists (rather than Druze). My apologies. Of course, it doesn't alter the facts of Sharon's involvement.

Go Canada! - I do not, and never have, condoned the murder of innocent civilians. Illegal settlers in the Occupied Territories are legitimate targets, though - as are members of the IDF. There is a sizeable Jewish community in Glasgow, and the two Scots victims were from there.

LY744

Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:49 am

"Sharon planned the murders of hundreds of Palestinian refugees at Sabra and Shatila; and provided a cordon of Israeli troops to prevent them escaping whilst the Druze militia did the actual killings. He was removed as Minister of Defence as a result of this; and his erstwhile Chistian Lebanese comrade in crime was killed in a massive car bomb in order to prevent him testifying."

Other "points" already addressed, as for the alleged "witness", he had more enemies than all the friendly neighborhood drug dealers of NYC combined. "Accomplice"? What a joke! Removed as Minister of defense? Yes. Does that sound like a punishment for a "planning and executing a massacre"?

"There is a sizeable Jewish community in Glasgow, and the two Scots victims were from there."

Phew, that's a relief.

David B.:

"What if he was one of your Jews?"

After your performance in the thread about the folks who wanted to name their kid OBL, this sure makes one wonder, again...

"A heavy machine gun vs. Unarmed 12 year old."

Now its a "heavy machine gun"? Not to mention the other assumption(s) in there...

As for innocent people being allegedly killed by the IDF, what about the argument regarding the hopelessness of Palestinians and negative emotions caused by the Israeli occupation? Isn't it really the Palestinians fault for the Israelis growing up in an environment of Palestinian terror? Turning them against the Palestinian people in general and all that stuff?  Insane

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:01 am

thank you neil. ..

Alpha 1

Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:58 am

Go Canada! - I do not, and never have, condoned the murder of innocent civilians..

No, Neil, you only said that those victims were legitimate targets because, some of them, at one time, may have been part of the IDF. If that's not condoning of innocent people, I don't know what is, but it goes with your pattern of being less-than-truthful about where you stand on this issue.