go canada!

Hamas Terror Victim Saves Life Of Palestinian Kid

Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:47 am

fromhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2274298.stm

"A Scots family whose son was killed in a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv have donated his kidney to a young Palestinian girl.

The Maariv Daily newspaper says the seven-year-old girl had been waiting two years for a suitable organ.

The family of Yoni Jesner, a student from Glasgow, donated one of his kidneys to Yasmin Abu Ramila from east Jerusalem.

Yoni suffered serious head injuries in last Thursday's blast which killed six other people, including the Palestinian bomber.

He later died in the Ichilov Hospital after his parents consented to his life support machine being switched off.

At a media conference arranged by the Jesner family in Israel on Sunday, Ari Jesner said his brother would have been happy that someone had benefited after his death.

The Maariv Daily reported that the kidney was successfully transplanted on Friday and the girl was in a stable condition.

Dina, the girl's mother, said: "I don't know how to thank the family of the victim of the attack.

"I feel for their pain and thank them for the organ donation that saved my daughter's life."

Speaking at the media conference Ari Jesner said: "The family is very proud that out of this tragic situation and Yoni's death that we were able and Yoni was able to give life to others.

"I think the most important principle here is that life was given to another human being. "

a 'zionist jew' from scotland saves the life of a palestinian child.theres hope yet in the middle east, i warmly welcome this act.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

lubcha132

RE: Hamas Terror Victim Saves Life Of Palestinian Kid

Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:00 am

wow! scottish jews!! just goes to show you that there really are 2 things everywhere in the world Jews and CocaCola (well some people say Chabad and Coca Cola...)

This isn't the first time this has happened actually, last time it was an israeli child who donated it to the palestinian child. hopefully that child will realize the truth and not support the BS that the hamassholes do.

fspilot747

Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:57 pm

A very beautiful gesture. Hopefully both sides can learn from this.

-FSP

We're Nuts

Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:26 pm

Hopefully some people on this board can learn from this, and I think we know who I'm talking about.
Dear moderators: No.

Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:15 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/09/24/wkid24.xml&sSheet=/news/2002/09/24/ixworld.html

The mother of a Palestinian girl who received a kidney from a 19-year-old Glaswegian Jew killed in a bus bombing last week said yesterday she would bring up her daughter to be a symbol of peace between Arabs and Jews.

Lubcha132 - there is a large Jewish community in south Glasgow. And incidentally, Scotland and Mexico are the only two countries in the world where indigenous drinks outsell Coca Cola ... here the top seller is Irn Bru!  Big grin

Hepkat

Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:02 pm

wow! scottish jews!! just goes to show you that there really are 2 things everywhere in the world Jews and CocaCola (well some people say Chabad and Coca Cola...)

I went to school with a Jamaican Jew. He came from a very old family, the DeSouzas, who fled Spain to Jamaica in the 15th century. They still maintain a sizable clan today, and are well respected in Jamaica.

Krushny

Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:24 am

Another interesting story : Terror 'accomplice' was actually the hero

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=211776&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

An Arab teenager detained by the Israeli police geniuses as accomplice of a terror attack, turns out to be the guy who called the police to warn about a suspicious person in a bus stop (who later killed himself an a policeman who was questioning him).
Some guys here will be shocked to discover that an Arab can do things like this...

tbar220

Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:37 am

According to Mahmoud Mahameed, the only solution to the violence is a fence separating Israel from the West Bank - "us here and them there," he said.

This interested me the most from the article.
NO URLS in signature

go canada!

Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:40 am

israel wanted to build a wall around part of the west bank but was accused of enthic cleansing, human rights abuses and racism.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

Rai

Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:15 am

You'd be surprised to see what's over there. I met this Italian guy (Italian name and all) from Scottland. Had the Scottish accent too. It had to be the coolest thing I've ever heard. Now, I'd like to meet an Asian, Indian or black chick who speaks that lingo...*drool*

manni

Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:16 am

Why not building a wall around the whole of Israel and Palestine... and gone are these trouble makers... Big grin
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:02 am

Some guys here will be shocked to discover that an Arab can do things like this...

You were shocked...?

Krushny

Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:27 am

Nope. And you?

Krushny

Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:56 am

Well, after several hours I posted the Terror accomplice, it seems everyone considers normal that an Arab guy hurt in a terror attack is detained and considered guilty until proven innocent... Talk about prejudices. I wonder if the IDF follows the same criteria in their "surgical" operations against terrorists.

Tbar220, GoCanada,
actually the wall idea comes from the Israeli left. And it is supported mostly by immigrants from the ex-USSR and East Europe; they were used to impermeable borders, and think it is the most obvious and natural solution to Israel terror problem. The right does not like the idea, as it is the first step to renounce forever to the West Bank, and they also see it as a "screw the settlers" measure.
The Arab guy likes the wall idea, if he is left in Israel's side obviously. But some Israelis (like Haim Druckman and his NRP guys) would surely like to kick him outside... (WPYNK).