saxman66

Drum Corps!

Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:08 am

My next music post....

I am a huge fan of DCI or Drum Corp International. I go to San Antonio every year the watch the DCI Southwestern Regional Chamionships at the Alamodome. Its quite a treat for my eyes and ears. My favorite corps, I'd have to say are the Madison Scouts. They Rock!!!! I also like The Cadets of Bergen County. They put on some pretty neat shows. And can't forget the Cavaliers.

So any DCI fans out here. What are your favorite corps and stuff. Anybody in the corps?

Chris
Ride Amtrak!

redngold

RE: Drum Corps!

Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:00 am

I would be a DCI fan if I had time to see the competitions, or cable to watch them.

We played a Drum Corps' (can't remember which one, maybe Crossmen?) arrangement of "When a Man Loves a Woman" when I was in the University of Delaware Marching Band. Of course we couldn't duplicate their amazing drill, but it was fun playing (almost) the same arrangement.

BTW, I might play flute, but I am a d*mn good marcher.

redngold
Up, up and away!

KAUSpilot

Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:25 am

I went to DCI at the Alamodome year before last. It was pretty entertaining. I think we all pulled for "The Cavaliers" because some people from our high school were in it.

saxman66

Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:04 am

So KAUS.
I was also at the Alamodome the year before last. (2001) and then again in 2002. So I see from your profile you go to UT. Are you in LHB? I have several freinds in it.

Chris
Ride Amtrak!

Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:07 am

I am a HUGE DCI fan! I can only make it to my local competition every year in Erie, PA and the North American Open, usually held at a local high school (Div II and III) My favorite corps are the Cavaliers and the Santa Clara Vanguard. The Cadets drumline is really really good. I play snare for my marching band, hopefully I'll make it into a corps soon.

gocaps16

Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:58 am

Redngold, is that why I got an award for "Best Marcher" in my senior year high school marching band? hehe.

I've heard of DCI. I beleive my former band director who left to a diferent school played with the DCI as snare drums or quads, whichever.
I'd love to see them sometimes. I'm going to the James Madison University Marching Royal Dukes Parade of Champions marching band competition in October at Harrisburg, VA. The JMU 's marching band is really awesome with about 400 members total, about 60 percussion, 200 brass and 150-200 woodwinds. Really amazing. I know two people from my high school who are marching for them.

Kevin