AS737900
Topic Author

How Much Can I Get? (computer)

Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:44 am

Hi everyone. I am looking at selling parts out of my computer so I can raise money to upgrade my current system.  Smile

I have:
- Azza ATX Motherboard with a 1Ghz AMD Athlon
- 512 MB PC133 RAM
- Sound Blaster PCI 128
- RADEON Video Card w/ 64MB SDRAM
- 54X CD-ROM Drive
- 4X/24X (not sure what the RW speed is) CD-R/RW drive
- 13.5 GB Hard Drive

I've been looking at buying a mini-tower case w/ power supply for all this to make it easier to sell... (probably a cheap $50 one) So, how much do you all think I could get for this? I am clueless about what my asking price should be... I was thinking $500 or so...

Hole_Courtney

RE: How Much Can I Get? (computer)

Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:14 am

Just to be honest, once you buy computer parts, it's just like a car, and their value decreases significantly.

I would suspect you couldn't get more then $100 for all that there. They're used, out dated, and people aren't even going to pay close to what you did for them.

That's just what I know from doing the same thing. Good luck though trying to get rid of the stuff.

live forever and stay beautiful,
hole_courtney
"[He] knew everything about literature, except how to enjoy it." - Yossarian, Catch 22

desertjets

RE: How Much Can I Get? (computer)

Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:11 am

I'll give you 5 magic beans for it.

Honestly... even a PC in one piece is worth virtually nothing used. Though you'd be surprised how much retailers who sell used systems will ask.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia