hkgspotter1

Being Gay, How Does It Work?

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:33 am

If your born a man your a man, if your born a women your a women ??.

So why are there men and women that want to be part of the other sex ?. Whats the reason for it ?. Tell me what it is that makes someone want to be what they are not ?

I'm a white male, I CAN'T be a black or Chinese male because I am what I was born as.

(Dear Mr. XXXX, please don't delete this again as it does have a point and its not a "look at this topic")

SophieMaltese

RE: Being Gay, How Does It Work?

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:41 am

It's not about who you are yourself but who you want to be with. Damn just the other day a guy asked me if I knew how gay dudes figure out who is on top or bottom or whatever. I'm like well, when you have sex how do you decide that?

AC320

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:45 am

I am what I was born as

You just answered your own question, they are born as homosexuals or with the tendencies to become so. Better minds than you have tried to figured out exactly why gay people are, well "gay", and no one has been able to answer the question 100%. Personally I think it has something to do with just how the brain develops. Leave it at that; they are what they are just as you are what they are.

fuddle duddle

sccutler

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:47 am

Get over the notion that there is a "right" way to be with regard to personal adult choices, and you'll be along way towards understanding.

From what I have observed, it is not a case of what one "wants" to be, so much as what -- or, better said who -- they are.

My friends and acquaintances who are gay never chose it, it just sorta happened. To tell them to act otherwise is akin to telling them to breathe ammonia rather than oxygen- can't be done.

Way too complicated to be the subject of a chat board. Good night.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Marco

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:48 am

What do you mean how does it work? It's how they feel...you can't change it.

And by the way the logic you're using is incorrect, being gay doesn't make you less of a man! That's just a stereotype.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

mbj-11

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:54 am

So are you saying a guy who ......gets nailed by another guy, is a man? Isn't it normally the female of a specie that gets nailed?
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

hkgspotter1

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:56 am

I know there will be lots of different views on this, but I don't want it to be a fight.

A gay man is as much of a man as any other ??, sorry thats just not true. In looks yes, but thats all.

Marco

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:57 am

It's a stereotype that all gay men are feminine ones, which is not true. You might think it's wrong but that's another issue!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

AC320

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:57 am

Actually Gay men meet all the biological requirements to be a human male and are therefore as much of a man as any other.
fuddle duddle

jcs17

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:00 am

In 100% seriousness now (I am totally serious); why are there lesbians? Why would you favor something plastic instead of the real thing? This question is totally serious.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Marco

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:03 am

lol Jcs17 I've never thought about it that way!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

mbj-11

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:05 am

yeah, why would a guy rather squishy stuff than warmth? Big grin

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:12 am

...the other day a guy asked me if I knew how gay dudes figure out who is on top or bottom or whatever.

It depends on who wants to pitch and who wants to catch...I guess?

Why would you favor something plastic instead of the real thing?

Perhaps if it's three feet long and has two heads...

desertjets

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:19 am

Jcs17- I know straight girls that prefer their battery operated friends at times more than the real thing.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

IMissPiedmont

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:22 am

"So are you saying a guy who ......gets nailed by another guy, is a man? Isn't it normally the female of a specie that gets nailed?"

Nailed?

I do not "nail" the woman I love. I caress her, I kiss her, I hold her and I love her.

Nailed?
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

jcs17

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:23 am

I know straight girls that prefer their battery operated friends at times more than the real thing.

So do I, but not all the time....

mbj-11

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:28 am

So do I, but once in a while if you don't nail her, you might lose her. Mark my words!!

Lortab 7.5mg

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:32 am

I know straight girls that prefer their battery operated friends at times more than the real thing.

So do I, but not all the time....

I'm sure she prefers it over you all the time.  Big grin

jcs17

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:36 am

By the way, I just reread my post...and it sounds really bad! Just to clarify...I dont use them!!!!

We're Nuts

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:06 pm

You could cut the homophobia on this thread with a knife....
Dear moderators: No.

SophieMaltese

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:10 pm

Who says lesbians favor plastic???....the best part of a man can be his mouth...and a woman's mouth is no different...

Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:48 pm

The question is similar to "Being Asian, How does it work?"

yyz717

Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:13 pm

Someone once asked Maggie Thatcher what it was like being a female Prime Minister. She responded that she didn't know....as she had never been a male Prime Minister!

lol

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Barcode

Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:03 pm

Ok, as the resident dyke I'll try and answer JC17 seriously.

When I was 13 I fell in love with a girl at school. Well, maybe not " love " since you don't really have a notion of what that is at that age ... but whatever it was, it was nothing *physical.* In fact, in all my relationships (well, don't assume I'm a fountain of experience here as I've only ever been in love twice and in three relationships) - it's been an *emotional* thing. Granted, it helps if they look like Jodie Foster, but that's not the point. Nothing is ever going to happen unless I can make the emotional/mental/intellectual connection first. And I've just never ever experienced that with a male.

I've had boyfriends. When I was sixteen I had a six month relationship with a guy who was twenty something. I knew there was something strange when I was paying more attention to his girlie calendars on the wall whenever we were in bed together. No matter what he did ... I just couldn't well you know .... respond. I've never had one erotic feeling for a man beyond the fact I can appreciate a member of the species who I think is good looking.

As for the physical side: Believe it or not I'm not really into sex. I'd rather snuggle up to a partner and watch an afternoon of Star Trek. I do feel more *comfortable* with a woman - they know what I want, they're more tactile, and they can last more then ten minutes before falling asleep.

Maybe I'll meet a man who can offer me everything I need ... it is just highly unlikely. I don't have an answer for the precise cause - it's just something that's always been there. Yes, I suppose I had a dysfunctional background, but don't seize upon that - my siblings are straight. At the age of thirteen I didn't even know what being gay was; in fact it didn't cross my mind that there was anything wrong with desiring my best friend.

And there you have it. I won't be " converted " by sleeping with a man (probably reaffirm my lesbian status more than anything) and I don't need psychobabble thrown at me. I prefer women, and this fact happens to be about as relevant as my toothpaste choice in the morning :-]

OzarkD9S

Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:00 pm

How does it work? Much the same as straight sex, only with different options. Not all lesbians use vibrators or dildos. For every top or bottom gay man there are men like myself who are versatile. Why limit yourself? Why do some people (straight or gay) enjoy urinating or defecating on each other? To me that is far more disgusting....(no offense to any toilet tramps on the forum). Personally, I'ld rather have sex with a woman than have a really hot guy take a dump on me.
Coast to Coast and Border to Border, Ozark Flies YOUR Way!

KROC

Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:36 pm

You could cut the homophobia on this thread with a knife....

The new intolerant Nutsy makes an appearance. Just because someone asks a question, they feel is legitimate, because they don't understand "gay", does not mean they are homophobic. By him, or anyone else asking the question, they might actually read a response that opens their eyes a little. I never thought I'd say this to you, but stop being so damn negative!

racko

Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:41 pm

Let everybody do whatever they want, as long as they don't harm others. Really, I can't even imagine having fun with a man, but as long as the Gays don't try to rape me, I have no problem with them.

go canada!

Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:43 pm

u have to take an exam before they let you practise it.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:57 pm

Kroc says:

""The new intolerant Nutsy makes an appearance. Just because someone asks a question, they feel is legitimate, because they don't understand "gay", does not mean they are homophobic. By him, or anyone else asking the question, they might actually read a response that opens their eyes a little. I never thought I'd say this to you, but stop being so damn negative!""

Kroc,

Did you look at Daryls profile? (he's been here for over 2 years and is aged 25-35) Can you seriously legitimise such an obvious ridiculous question? It defies logic and is just plain offensive. Even I am horrified by the ignorance of it all. You should know quite well mate that there have been dozens of *gay* *why we are like this* type threads and we don't need another loser asking moronic stuff. It's been explained away a thousand times.

I want to be part of A.net forums but when things come to this point of banality and just plain old borishness it's pointless.

Do we need to get some sort of *gay charter* that will immediately post the thousands of gays posts to said user asking demented questions?

And give Nusty a break mate, both you and I know he's a smart cookie who is vastly intelligent and knowledgeable than half the people that frequent this forum.

mb

Kick a clown. Bozo=rat fleas

KROC

Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:20 pm

And give Nusty a break mate, both you and I know he's a smart cookie who is vastly intelligent and knowledgeable than half the people that frequent this forum.

I am not disputing this, as it is a given, BUT, the Nutsy before his 3 or 4 month layoff's was a different poster, who did not give in to idiocy. That is all I am saying.

Did you look at Daryls profile? (he's been here for over 2 years and is aged 25-35) Can you seriously legitimise such an obvious ridiculous question? It defies logic and is just plain offensive. Even I am horrified by the ignorance of it all. You should know quite well mate that there have been dozens of *gay* *why we are like this* type threads and we don't need another loser asking moronic stuff. It's been explained away a thousand times.

Dudes profile has NOTHING to do with his understanding of the "gay way". Just because it has been explained however many times, and you "get it", means that everyone should? Sometimes issues like this, are just not that easy to understand. However horrible that might sound, or however ignorant that may look, sometimes it is the truth. If someone is decidedly straight, and don't understand the concepts of being gay, is that their fault? At least if he is not flaming gays, the lifestyle ect. I stand by my comment of just because a person asks a question, no matter how old they are, does not make them ignorant, or homophobic.

Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:46 pm

Kroc says,

"""Dudes profile has NOTHING to do with his understanding of the "gay way". Just because it has been explained however many times, and you "get it", means that everyone should? Sometimes issues like this, are just not that easy to understand. However horrible that might sound, or however ignorant that may look, sometimes it is the truth. If someone is decidedly straight, and don't understand the concepts of being gay, is that their fault? At least if he is not flaming gays, the lifestyle ect. I stand by my comment of just because a person asks a question, no matter how old they are, does not make them ignorant, or homophobic. """

Don't defend the post mate it is moronic and ironic. Why do you think so many people have left these forums and deleted themselves? Why should someone ask such a ridiculous question when it has been debated so many times? I have never asked for a deleted post, just a deleted user. But things like this surely are stupid in so many ways. Being gay is not a lifestyle - it's just being who you are and I for one do not like people constantly asking *what*, unless it's some poor man or woman who is confused about themselves and needs some help in being who they are.

Can you imagine a slew of posts by the queens going "Ohh why a are you straight? I don't understand it?".

Or "Why are you christian?" or the latest grab bag of offensiveness "What is wrong with Islam?".

Add ohh thats offensive: "Rabbis' molest young boys..." Could you imgaine the uproar? (Nope some of the Rabbis are happy to see Palestinian children slaugtered like expendable nappies and are proud of it.. yeah OK)

I've read and watched people on these forums totally demoralise and demean gay's and lesbians with derogatory comments and jokes not to mention *I won't say what I think*. I won't say how gutless that is. The same sort of people that refer to the Chinese as *chicoms* which I find also offensive.

I think I know Nutsy pretty well and he gets jack of things like the rest of us do. But he's brave enough to question the status quo which even you should realise is a great benifit to your nation because if it wasn't for people who thought like Nutsy you would have a benevolent dictatorship that no one *would question*.

Simple questions and simple answers.

mb

Drown a clown.

KROC

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:11 pm

mb

I challange the status quo as much as anyone, but when an issue like sexuality comes up, I think all questions that at least are not presented in an offensive manor can and should be tolerated. As a straight male, I don't even know close to anything in reality on sexuality. On other thad though, I understand homosexuality, have no problems with it, and am more than content accepting "who you are, is who you are". I'm not going to think you are a bad person, just because you are gay. Maybe Daryl seriously cannot understand how, or why someone would want to be gay. There is nothing wrong with that, and again, just because it has been discussed a number of times, does not mean that he should "understand" it as well as say you and I do.

Can you imagine a slew of posts by the queens going "Ohh why a are you straight? I don't understand it?".

No, only because being gay, is a break from what is considered "normal". I imagine that there would be plenty of flames from those insecure about their manhood, and feel the need to prove it. So yes, you have a good point here, but circumstance comes into play here.

Or "Why are you christian?" or the latest grab bag of offensiveness "What is wrong with Islam?".

Add ohh thats offensive: "Rabbis' molest young boys..." Could you imgaine the uproar? (Nope some of the Rabbis are happy to see Palestinian children slaugtered like expendable nappies and are proud of it.. yeah OK)

The first part, why are you "Christian" ect, is nothing more than a simple question that would appear not to have flame intent. The second part is something posted out of ignorance, and that is clear. Surely you are smart enough to be able to sift through something that simple? Oh, and what about the posts/threads about the Catholic Priests molesting young boys on here when that was in the main stream media?

I've read and watched people on these forums totally demoralise and demean gay's and lesbians with derogatory comments and jokes not to mention *I won't say what I think*. I won't say how gutless that is. The same sort of people that refer to the Chinese as *chicoms* which I find also offensive.

You are right. There is no doubt that the comments gays have received on here, many are uncalled for, said out of ignorance, hatred, stupidity, ect. But is it because of this, that you are unable to be tolerant of a simple question as posed by Daryl?

hartsfieldboy

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:23 pm

Mx5_boy-How will people understand different lifestyles and cultures without asking questions? Sure, it may be annoying if people ask you to same stuff over and over, but give them some credit for curious and not straight up calling them a homophobe or whatever. Which do you perfer...people asking how gays have sex or them telling they heard what "those queers do?"

D-AIGW

Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:56 pm

Let me tell you a few facts.

1. I am gay. Purely gay.
2. I like to look at guys and admire the beauty of their body.
3. My lover is a boy whom I have been with since one and a half years ago.
4. I, on the other hand, am still happy to be a boy.

Can you see the point here, that the fact that I like boys does NOT mean that I don't wanna be a boy? Or to put it simply, 1) I don't hate being male and 2) I have the "feeling" towards other males.

I guess that pretty much answers Hkgspotter1's questions. I don't smell anything homophobic in what he said, though.

Golf Whiskey
HKG

saintsman

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:04 pm

I agree with Hartsfieldboy. Gays are crying out to be accepted but unfortunately a lot of people still don't understand. Gays have come a long way in the last 20 or 30 years. I would think that is a bit too soon for complete acceptance given what has occured over the previous centuries. Acceptance will come but not just yet. In the mean time the only way is to educate the unwise.

DeanBNE

Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:35 am

Give this link a go:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts.html

God bless Evelyn Hooker. RIP

chepos

Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:18 am

By no means do I want to be a female, and I think females are beautiful- look at Shakira or Ely Guerra (hispanic women are the prettiest of them all) but Im not attracted to them sexually Im attracted to men - thats the only difference between gay men and straight men-
Last time I checked I didnt want to be a female and wasnt imitating one.
And Im sure happy to be a man
Chepos.
Fly the Flag!!!!

Leftypilot79

Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:14 am

You know...he made it sound like he was curious, and want to understand why people are gay. Well....you can answer that question, by asking yourself why you are straight. Its the same thing. Feelings, who you feel connected with emotionally. And if you want to get really basic. Who makes your "plumbing" work?  Wink/being sarcastic

I agree with KROC on this. Some people just don't understand. Thats a very hard concept for them to grasp. There own sexuality would be hard for them to explain. You would get a answer like "I just am". Some people ask the questions just to FLAME people and you can read between the lines and see it just for that. But this is not the case here. It sounds like he wants to understand. I have no problem sitting down with someone when they have real questions. But if its just to poke at you, or be little you. Then no..thats not acceptable. Sexuality isn't the end all of your personality. All the straight guys that talk to me about it are usually cool...because Im cool with them. If they are interested I let them ask all the questions they want. That usually quells there interest, and thats the end of it. They know gay people aren't horrible. They get to see just another guy who happens to like other guys. Now...I don't think a openly SCREAMING QUEEN (Richard Simmons, Chris Lowell) could sit down and do that. Im not saying Im mr butch.....but Im certainly not breathing fire either. LOL.  Smile

aaron

Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:55 am

"""Im not saying Im mr butch.....but Im certainly not breathing fire either. """

Liar!

mb

[insert - has thrown tantrum and sits back down again.]

clowns=rats fleas

jcxp15

Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:43 am

Yo, i don't have a problem with gay people, but why do some have to act so flagrant all the time? If they choose to be gay, it's ok, but they don't have to go around almost proclaiming their gayness...

KROC

Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:45 am

Yo, i don't have a problem with gay people, but why do some have to act so flagrant all the time? If they choose to be gay, it's ok, but they don't have to go around almost proclaiming their gayness...

Ahh yes, and here is evidence to disprove what I am trying to say.

mb, please ignore, or I'll be forced to unleash a clown army on you.

skyservice_330

Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:49 am

How does it work. Well, you have to fill out and application and if they like your application then they will bring you in for an interview. If you are successful then you need to go on a 6 week training course. From there they select the top 3 applicants. You membership only lasts 2 years before you have to renew it. You have to be pretty good to join the club, they have weekly meetings and everything!!

Sheesh, what kind of answer were you looking for!  Smile

Greg

Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:03 am

Okay....there are only so many 'tabs'...and so many 'slots.'
I bet you can figure out the mechanics of it.

Rai

Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:24 am

I think Darryl is asking some pretty honest and legitimate questions that even I would ask. I'm a straight male. I don't have any gay or lesbian friends and I never have. If I follow the same path in my life, it's most likely that I'll never have any friends of that orientation. I don't choose to avoid homosexuals, that is just how it has been. So from my viewpoint, I find it difficult to comprehend how someone can be homosexual. When I see a woman, I see a very sensuous and beautiful form (until they open their mouths  Insane). That is what I have been attracted to and always will be attracted to. I can't really see how any man can't be attracted to that. As a straight male, I can never put myself in the mindset of a gay man because that is not how I think. So, I’ll probably never understand and maybe it’s best if I don’t. That's just me and I totally understand Darryl's point of view because I am in the same boat as he is. But does that make me a monster as well?

CPDC10-30

Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:58 pm

If I follow the same path in my life, it's most likely that I'll never have any friends of that orientation

Rai, it is an interesting comment but I think you have to look a bit further. You mean you'll never be aware of any friends of that orientation. That doesn't mean that they don't exist in your circle of friends and acquantinces. I'm sure most of my friends except a very close few think that I am straight - we have simply never discussed sexuality issues. I've seen studies showing anywhere from 4-20% of the general population identifiying as somthing other than heterosexual.

But of course the automatic default is to straight unless you are a flaming queen (which unfortunatley I am not).

In terms of the attraction thing, I don't buy it when straight guys claim that they can't even detect the beauty or attractivness of another man. I have a very clear sense of female beauty and even have certain types of women I find more attractive. But that has nothing to do with my own sexuality.

Regards,

CPDC10-30
(first post after a 72 day absence from a.net)

KROC

Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:11 pm

In terms of the attraction thing, I don't buy it when straight guys claim that they can't even detect the beauty or attractivness of another man. I have a very clear sense of female beauty and even have certain types of women I find more attractive. But that has nothing to do with my own sexuality.

CPDC10-30 (Welcome back) makes an excellent point. I can admit it, when I see a good looking guy, or see a guy I feel is good looking. This does not mean I am gay, or even less straight. I am secure enough in who I am, to recognize when something or someone looks good, and have no problem saying so if it comes up. My next ex-wife finds that amazing that she can say "this guy looks good", and I would agree. Ironic how its okay for chicks to say "oh she looks good", or "so and so is hot", but if a dude says something like that.....he's a "fag".

Hepkat

Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:33 pm

From reading some of the arguments on this thread, I wonder how some of us would find living in Europe. In these countries people aren't so hung up on issues of sexuality, at least not as much as my own American culture. Men routinely walk closer together, sometimes hand on shoulders, and especially at dance clubs you'll see good male friends dancing together or affectionately touching each other. I also wonder how people would react to friends kissing twice whenever they meet.

I also don't believe someone, for example in the case of Rai, can NOT know someone who's gay. If I had a penny for the number of straight friends of mine that came out of the closet, or how about that high school reunion the other day when almost half the guys turned out to be gay all along. Who'd have guessed it?

flyguydsl

Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:56 am

It works great. I am with the guy from Europe. (ha! no pun intended) At least here, in Vancouver, people generally don't care. My parents consider my boyfriend their son-in-law.

jcxp15

Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:28 am

Found a funny article on gay people at theonion.com

http://www.theonion.com/onion3837/newly_out_gay_man.html

jaysit

Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:44 am

Rai - you hit the nail on the head !! Ditto for me, but in my case its always been men. I see the muscles and planes and curves on a man's body and it makes me wonder how anyone can't get turned on by that. Its just that way. Very, very visceral. And very, very good !

When I look at a pair of boobs, I could be staring at cans of cat food for all its worth. So, Liz Hurley's knockers are totally wasted on me.
Atheism is Myth Understood.