Rai
Topic Author

North Korea Admits Nuclear Weapons Program

Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:56 am

Wow.  Wow! I'm not surprised that they have such a program, but I'm really shocked that they admitted it. What does this mean to that accord that they agreed to? At least they’re being honest.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021016/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_north_korea_8

RE: North Korea Admits Nuclear Weapons Program

Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:19 am

Lying sons of bitches.

They broke the 1994 Agreed Framework where they PROMISED to freeze any activity in building a nuclear weapons of mass destruction program.

Why did they admit it? Because they are friendly nation attempting to keep the world updated on their progress?? BULLSHIT.

They admitted it because through US Inteligence findings, Assistant Secretary of State James Kelly confronted them with damning evidence that they WERE LYING FOR 8 YEARS.

First they balked and TRIED TO DENY IT AGAIN.

They are developing enriched urinanium those slippery scumbags. T

THEIR PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYDAY IN ONE OF THE WORLD'S WORST FAMINES, A CERTIFIED HUMANITARIAN DISASTER AND THESE ARSEHOLES ARE DEVELOPING ENRICHED URANIUM.

I'm furious

TNNH

Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:29 am

THEIR PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYDAY IN ONE OF THE WORLD'S WORST FAMINES, A CERTIFIED HUMANITARIAN DISASTER AND THESE ARSEHOLES ARE DEVELOPING ENRICHED URANIUM.

It is indeed horrific, but, curiously, widely ignored.

We won't need to wait too long until some people will "remind" us that Israel has 500 nuclear heads and is THE real threat.......and "explain" up to which point Sharon's genocide is much more terrible than the situation in North Korea...

BO__einG

Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:35 am

Sad really.

I spit upon North Korea and their idiotic leadership and ideology that it follows.
Kim Jung Ill (leader of North Korea) should be hit in the head by a shoe.
That dumb mule believes Junta is the way to go when really it is the way to low.
What will this bring to the rest of the world?
At least N Korea has not actually made any nukes yet, or have they? Their lying tongue cannot be trusted. Perhaps we can assume that they have a couple of mass destruction weapons available to their arsenal.

North Korea has a stumbling pop of 23 million, Its economic structure is very weak and all their money is used to make weapons rather than welfare and equality. They are also arguably the most ISolated country in the world.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

pacificjourney

Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:39 am

Mr. Toda, interesting you should comment on the DPRK's problems being widely ignored and then change the subject to Israel ...

Heres something for you, some of us don't give a shit about Israel, Jews, Palistinians, Gaza. We DON't CARE !!!

We are sick of hearing the same old bullshit from the same people. You guys want to slaughter each other for the rest of time then go ahead but you and others endlessly supplying justification for your actions is Old, really old ! You love Israel so much then go there. Put your arse on the line for your beloved homeland rather than just your mouth on the internet.

Rai didn't mention Israel. You want to start about that crap some more then start yet another pointless thread which the sane amongst can safely ignore.

DPRK, they are desperate. The game is up and they can't hide anymore so they need outside help and have to play by the rules. Combine this with admissions about kidnapping Japanese and it really is a break through compared to just 1 year ago.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

TWFirst

Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:08 pm

Amen Pacificjourney.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

b757300

Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:57 am

This is just another part of Bill Klintoon's legacy. Guess Bush's Axis of Evil speech wasn't as far off as most people thought.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:04 am

This is just another part of Bill Klintoon's legacy

Yeah, there's nothing too much surprising; it is what happens when "negotiating" with the devil...

dc863

Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:22 pm

Forget about us using a preemptive strike against North Korea. We're so stretched militarily now i'm not sure we could cope with a full scale war on the peninsula.

Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:32 pm

Now what? Ok so North Korea has admitted that they have a Nuke program, what are we supposed to do say "Bad North Korea, shame on you"? I do not see any military action in the near future since we are already tied up as it is with Afghanistan, the war on terror, and possibly Iraq soon.

pacificjourney

Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:55 pm

No chance of military action against DPRK,

1. South Korea and Japan would NEVER go for it, let's not even mention China.

2. A much tougher nut to crack than Iraq, to many casualties.

3. Recent developments have shown DPRK to be desperate. This one can
definitely be talked through making military action unnecessary.

Super Em

Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:09 pm

Well America has no interests in North Korea, so Bush and friends will just tell them to clean up their act  Smile

Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:12 pm

I agree- no military intervention here.

North Korea is in dire straits - there people are starving, there economy is lifeless, and there infrastructure is crumbling. Now is the time to apply proper diplomatic strategy to gently but effectively pressure DPRK (Dem. People's Rep. of Korea) to rejoin the Family of Nations.

If done correctly, this could be a terrific fait for the Bush Admin, and America in general.

TNNH

9A-CRO
Crew

Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:02 pm

I agree that N.Korea has better ways for spending money.
But why should US, Israel, France etc. be allowed to have nukes and N. Korea don't?
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

L-188

Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:31 pm

I does make you wonder how they can expect other countries to trust them.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jaysit

Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:50 pm

The Duh factor strikes again, blaming everything on Bill Clinton.
It was the Clinton administration that in 1994 began a carrot and stick dialogue with the North Korean administration on disarmament.

The approach to North Korea has always been one of caution beginning in 1994. It was always assumed that they had nukes and given their proximity to South Korea and Japan, a beligerent attitude towards them would not have helped solve any problems. The previous administration and the present one have fully understood that the failing economy of North Korea would force the North Koreans to the bargaining table over time, and this is exactly what has happened.

Interestingly enough, it appears that Pakistan and North Korea indulged in a missiles for Nukes exchange in the early 1990s that propelled the Korean nuke program forward.

Btw, Amen Pacific Journey.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

727LOVER

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:39 am

Bush administartion was informed of this weeks ago, but kept QUIET so the could get the resolution from Congress to authorize force against Iraq. They feared some in Congress would think a double standard!!

OK, LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!:

BUSH LIES ABOUT A COUNTRY'S NUCLEAR CAPABILITY & CLINTON LIES ABOUT BLOWJOBS!! GEE, WHERE"S THE OUTRAGE!!!!???
I feel woozy....what did you put in that Pudding Pop?

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:50 am

727lover:

I have a question for you:

Are you saying that lying under some circumstances (i.e. getting sexual favors) acceptable while other times it isn't?

I thought that lying was lying.

Why is it "ok" sometimes and "an outrage" at others?

I know what the number one answer to that question is:

"Well any guy would lie about getting a BJ."

That may very well be true, but does that make it any less of a lie?

Are some lies exempt from standards of integrity, even though a lie is still, basically, a lie?

I'd love to hear your feedback.

-Cerulean

TWFirst

RE: Cerulean

Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:56 am

I think 727lover's point was that one person lied about a sexual act between two consenting adults that was none of anyone's business, and was crucified for it.

The other person lied about knowing that a hostile country has nuclear capabilities so his plan to start a war with another country that he THINKS might be able to have nuclear capabilities wouldn't be derailed... and no one seems to care.

See any difference there?

Rai
Topic Author

Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:51 am

Just curious. Do you think China is happy with this revelation? I’m sure they had some idea of this program going on, BUT they must be concerned of Japan finding out. In spite of all the public and diplomatic niceties, China and Japan hardly have the most amicable relationship. There is a history between the two countries and history is very strong in both those cultures.

I’m not convinced that China’s military buildup is solely for the purpose of to increasing their sphere of influence or to eventually takeover Taiwan. China is pretty scared of Japan and many Chinese are convinced that the Japanese will attack again.

Now that Japan is aware of North Korea’s nuclear program, who is to say that they won’t beef up their own military in response to this potential threat? This is the last thing on earth that China wants to happen. I think things in the Far East are about to get very interesting.

aerosol

Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:53 am

Somehow the move of North Korea is clever. Because it puts us, the civilised world in a strange position. While Irak has weapons of mass destruction, we are threatenig them with war to get rid of these weapons, what do we do with North Korea?
I would conclude for justice, you would have to do the same, to their leadership!
If you don`t apply the same methods to them, evrybody will go and say- the US just do it for the oil!
In this situation I'm glad that I am not a politician!

Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:05 am

TWFirst:

1. You didn't answer the questions. You presented a very nice sidestep. But you still evaded a direct answer to my questions. Answer them and THEN we can proceed.

2. While the event in question regarding Clintons phildering may have not been anyone's business, once the cat gets let out of the bag, then it DOES become everyone's business, especially when it gets escalated to Court.

You're right when you say that the Conservative Party made a huge fracas out of what should've been a private affair. It was a pretty petty isue if you ask me, and probably never should've seen the light of day. I also realize that Clinton was painted into a corner and set up for impeachment by people willing to get him at any cost. I totally share your sentiment to that degree. But what was done was done. Clinton was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and found himself in the Hot Seat, and only took a bad situation and made it worse by committing perjury, which is a Federal offense.

No one twisted his arm and forced him to lie. if he had nothing to hide, or no reason to lie, then he probably wouldn't have lied.

At that point, the magnitude of the actual lie itself becomes moot and irrelevant.

Would you not agree?

Or, again, please provide a direct answer to the questions I posed earlier. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Then depending on your answers, we'll go from there.

-Cerulean

lehpron

Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:22 am

Well now, I'm sure this puts a dent in Bush's Iraqi war idea doesn't it?

I mean we "suspect" they have weapons coupled with the fact that they are a danger to the US just because we caught them procuring nuclear material recently.

BUT, North Korea, which Bush included in his "Axis of Evil" speech, has confirmed operating a nuke program and Rumsfeld says that our intel confirms they have at least two operational nukes, yet even though they are CLOSER to the US, they are some how not as much of a threat to us as Saddam is.

Bullsh*t.

If this war on terror was for freedom then we should have gone after NK, but the only reason we are supposed to go after Iraq is for oil.

Do you get it now??? Confirmation of a nuke in an Axis of evil country seems to me more of a threat that Iraq's "suspected nukes."
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

TWFirst

RE: Cerulean

Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:39 am

I wasn't attempting to answer the question Cerulean, nor was I attempting to "sidestep" anything. I was illuminating 727lover's point because I recognized that you were patronizing him, and I wanted to make sure other readers here recognized the same thing. Furthermore, because you are not a moderator (to my knowledge) and are not entitled to control the discussion in this thread, I will politely ignore your authoritarian pretense and your narcissistic demand to humor your philosophical ejaculations.

Nonetheless, I will offer a response because I choose to...

Yes, of course I agree with your description of what a "lie" is and your assertion that all lies should be subjected to the same "standards of integrity."

THUS, and to your point, this leads to the bigger issue that 727lover was attempting to bring forth (perhaps in not so many words):

If all lies should be subjected to the same "standards of integrity," why DOES a lie like Mr. Bush's NOT garner the same amount of attention and outrage as Mr. Clinton's lie??

i.e.....Where in the HELL do our priorities lie (no pun intended) in this country??!??

THAT'S the real issue, in my opinion (and I think 727lover's and several other million people's as well).

Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:56 am

They get their uranium and cobalt from the Democratic Republic of Congo via Zimbabwe, who have a very cosy relationship with North Korea. Their Fifth Brigade - trained by North Korea - was responsible for the genocide of Matabele civilians shortly after independence.

pacificjourney

Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:07 am

I really don't think there is a co-relation between military action against Iraq and the same against DPRK.

Politics is the art of the possible, clean decisive victory against Iraq is doable, not so with North Korea. Several people are correct though that this projects an image problem. If action against Iraq has been presented as a moral imperative then the question remains 'why not NK instead'.

Looking more like an oil grab weather it is or not.