mika

Thoughtfull Movie Ya'll Should See

Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:48 pm

Check out http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com

I haven't seen the film myself yet but i'm going to as soon as it hits theaters and stores overseas. The topic mr Moore adresses in this movie is interesting indeed: "Is USA a nation of gun nuts or are they just plain nuts?" It's not supposed to be anti american or anti guns (Michael Moore himself is a NRA member and pro-guns). Give it a shot when it hits a theater near you and see for yourself. Check out the trailer on the site also.

GDB

RE: Thoughtful Movie Ya'll Should See

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:45 am

Moore first became known for a documentary 'Roger and Me', where he detailed the hardship caused in his hometown of Flint MI. when GM pulled out.
The Roger being a GM CEO who ordered the shutdowns and gave himself big pay rises etc at the same time, Moore tailed and berated the hapless CEO!
Moore also had a show on in the UK, he was always bemused it was on mainstream stations here unlike in the US.
He's controversial, and I'm waiting from the usual suspects to come had call him all the names under the sun, but free speech and all that!

us330

RE: Thoughtfull Movie Ya'll Should See

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:50 am

I had heard about it, and it looks very interesting, judging from the commercials. My question is it really a film or is it a documentary, because it seems to be a mixture of both, but documentaries usually don't get a 'r' rating.

GDB

Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:51 am

It's also worth pointing out that Moore was a teenage shooting champion and is still a NRA member.

mika

Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:55 am

My guess is that it is a documentary with kind of a humouristic twist. Also, it's worth to mention that it won the grand price at the Cannes film festival this year. It's the first documentary in 55 years to do that.

SIA fan

Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:10 am

Saw his movie "Roger and Me" in my econ class in high school. This one should be interesting!
SQ*G BD*S

azo

Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:03 am

Michael Moore is one of my heroes. As soon as I saw Roger and Me a few years ago, I bought it because it was so good, and his new book is hilarious (as is its movie counterpart).

Pets or meat?
Kalamazoozoozoozoozoozoozoo