Josh Speaks On Dating

Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:44 am

This post is for everyone but i hope that it will make certain HINT HINT
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Paul Spijkers

HINT HINT
member's lives a little easier.

As many of you remember from my angry depression fueled posts last year about friends, women, etc, i was in the shit for a while. I spent the first few months of school trying for a girl and i spent the next few recovering. I mean she wasn't the complete reason for my downfall but it helped.

But i digress. I've learned a lot about people, and a very much about dating and chicks and relationships.

"Women are very strange creatures." No man will ever understand the motives for what they do and what they are thinking. You must always remember that.

I'm sure a lot of people will tell you "don't try too hard". I have a better idea (take notes)

"don't try."

Why the hell should you change the way you behave (ok maybe politeness scores points with the ladies but besides that) or the way you act or the things you like for a girl? You see it all the time- guys are all about a certain girl and they act all funny around them. They aren't gettin' any that way. If you don't have anything to say, don't say it. Don't go out of your way to do anything either.

A girl should like you for who you really are and there's no need to put on any bullshit for them.

Basically, stop trying. Don't shoot to kill, shoot to stun. The day i stopped trying to get a girlfriend and i started to try to get a girl friend (see there's a difference) it all started working and in no time, i was not single anymore.

So for now, i'll leave you (plural you) with this- your girl troubles are not their fault. You wouldn't want a chick to act really cool around you and then turn out to be a fraud, so don't put out the fancy china when she'll eat off a paper plate. If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything, and just be yourself. and most importantly, don't try. when the right girl comes to you, you'll know, and you'll look back on all the stupidness you went through to reach that point, and you'll laugh.

Love,

Big grin S H

LufthansaUSA

RE: Josh Speaks On Dating

Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:45 pm

Good advice! Glad to see for sure that you are well out of your depression, and approaching life with a positive attitude. Other members of the board would be well served to listen to your advice, it's grounded in personal experience, and makes sense too!

mirrodie

Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:23 pm

My friend just sent me an email about advice as well.

Looks like a useful link!

http://www.imgegrt.com/product/full/ap/3015026/graphic1.swf
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

tbar220

Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:39 pm

Wow, those were some of the wisest words I've heard about women in a loooooong time come out of an a.net user! I really hope all the other users who are having girl problems read what he wrote above, because he hit it right on the nail. Great words, couldn't have said it better myself.  Smile
NO URLS in signature

Turbolet

Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:34 am

Josh, If you stopped looking for a girlfriend and found a girl friend, by girl friend do you mean female friend, i.e. not on intimate terms?
-turbolet

seb146

Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:49 am

The same advice also works for the gay bois and grrls of the world too. I have tried everything to be with someone. One day I just decided to not try and just be me. As soon as that happened, I get two guys wanting to be with me!
It is good to see that you are feeling better.  Big thumbs up
Life in the wall is a drag.

lubcha132

Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:01 am

well actually i did have a girlfriend but i realized a lot and someone like her was better as a girl friend..we're still good friends and after me she was with a scumbag...when he started to treat her like shit, who did she come to? Big grin

SSTjumbo

Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:53 am

"The only thing predictable about a woman is her unpredictability" -ancient folk talk

Cheers
Mike
I don't know, so this is my signature.