mika

3 Dead In AZ University Shooting

Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:22 am

It's happened again. 2 Professors and a gunman are believed dead after a shooting at a Arizona university. My thoughts and prayers are with the relatives and friends of those who died.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Southwest/10/28/university.shooting/index.html

ExitRow

RE: 3 Dead In AZ University Shooting

Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:35 am

Wow. Solution through gun. It ALWAYS works on TV though!!

avt007

Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:34 am

It is truly sad. Another case of blaming others for your own failings. I was sent home from a technical institute one time because a fellow student had been thrown out for stealing equipment. Apparently he had threatened a high school teacher before, and they thought he might do it again. Very scary.
And last week in Kamloops,B.C., a man shot and killed his boss and another man and himself after receiving a disciplinary letter at work. It happens everywhere.

Skystar

Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:43 pm

Another tragedy at a uni. It's really gutless just shooting a defenseless person.

When will people learn? People at universities are meant to be educated and civilised. Shooting people is just a barbaric, gutless way of throwing temper tantrums - it just sickens me that people choose these paths.

At uni - words, not bullets are meant to fly around. Brains, not guns, are our tools.

Just tragic. My condolences go out to the families, and those in the university community. It really is different when things hit home.