Ever Wanted To Write A Book?

Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:48 am

I have an idea for a book that I want to write. It's about a boy from a wealthy family, whos family is very political, and conservative, who is gay. He's is tortured mentally by his father and peers and loved and over protected by his mother and grandmother. Told that he has a demon inside of him for being gay by his psychologist when he is 17. Eventually, he ends up turning to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain of living a lie. He is a showpiece to his family, however false of a showpeice he is. He is extremely attractive, has many women, (and men) in bed, He has all the right girlfriends, drives all the right cars, drinks fine wines, even at the age of 22, and is the center of the party, and the attention. But, he is in a mental prison. Locked up forever with his own torture, that leads him to multiple suicide attempts, and finally, the one that kills him.

"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

RE: Ever Wanted To Write A Book?

Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:56 am

Well no one here would like to read it because you just gave away the ending!!

Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:12 am

Dude, by all means write it and good luck with the book. Being around books a lot I can tell you that your idea in print would be better than 75% of the swill we sell disguised as 'books'... That would be the problem though, most people just simply buy cr-p, not real books with any meaning or with something to say like yours potentially has.

If I have to look around for one more coppy of that Dr. Phil book I'll just puke!
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:45 am

I already wrote four books on Internet-publishing. They sold really well but I always wanted to write a novel. Sooner or later I will but my idea is still in its infancy.
If you want to write a book I hereby suggest you to do so. Don't listen to those who start laughing (or even better: don't tell too many people before it is going to be published) but be aware that writing is a lonesome and hard work.

BTW: it's weird to see a book you wrote in the window of a book store.  Smile

I support the right to arm bears

Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:03 am

I'm not sure about the commerical value of someone offing themselves though. Most people just want to be entertained and read any old drivel (afraid the nation is dumbing down). Best of luck.

Personally, I have a 200 page unfinished *novel* lying on my desk ... I expect it be completed ... oh, sometime around the fourth millennium.