lehpron

Our Discussions Here Don't Carry Much Wieght...

Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:38 am

...mainly due to the fact that it is valued at 20%! How is that figured? By the ratio of what senses we use to converse online and what we use in real life. You know how we defend ourselves with the phrase 'you don't know me'? Well, all we have to work with is what we give, so this defense makes no sense, even though it is valid. It has to do with familiarity and why what we type is familiar at all.

Y'know, if you read a word you are familiar with a number of times over again, you'll notice yourself see that word as foreign even though you know what it is; where, when, how to use it and why. It will look foreign simply because you would have taken the word for such granted that you will only now see it as important in conversation.

Sometimes you might not notice it, Take any example of a 'discussion' in this forum. Lots of people told you one version of a story many times; you will make a bigger deal about that story than someone who has either never heard it or has heard it once. After a while you will believe in your version with conviction without question.

Even if you do question, you will simply develop another belief [system] where you will basically do the same thing -- in other words -- you never learned. Applying the same formula that has worked in the past might not work this time, the chances of failure increase the more it is done. However, just because one decides to change their ways does not conclude removal of 'the gun to their head'. Change is arbitrary, infinite, and it does not exist cuz it's foreign to many. All that matters are whether actions are done differently where there have been lessons learned from previous actions done differently.

Humans operate a 'one sized fits all, me and you, clear cut, results' attitude, which varies all or nothing. I'd be willing to bet that if any of you guys though of a ideal belief you were familiar with a number of times over again, you'll notice yourself see that idea as foreign [or be able to analyze it fully] even though you know what it is; where, when, how to use it and why. It will look foreign simply because you would have taken the ideal belief for such granted that you will only now see it as important in conversation.

Don't limit this bet, I guarantee that you'll see things differently (with varying percentages) afterwards. If not then ___ _________ ______ __________ __ _____ ________. Sux 2 B U, IMO.  Big grin
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

dragogoalie

RE: What To Visit? (Midwest)

Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:34 am

Anyone who understands what the heck he's talking about, or finds out what he's smoking...please contact me and tell me what it is. Thanks

--dragogoalie-#88--

aka. Screaming_Emu
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

N766UA

RE: Our Discussions Here Don't Carry Much Wieght...

Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:48 am

Lehpron the philosopher. I think it's an interesting title. BTW Dragogoalie, I'm investigating a list of possible substances and will report my findings ASAP.

-N76
This Website Censors Me

Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:51 am

I am not joking here, this is the third post I've read from this guy in as many hours that makes absolutely no sense.

If I actually cared, I could say I'm dumbfounded, but I don't - so I'm not.  Laugh out loud

but these postings certainly are peculiar as all hell.

TNNH

N766UA

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:00 am

Okay... my research has led me to select a candidate that I think is sufficiant for explaining Lehpron's ramblings. After extensive research and testing, I would like to suggest that Lehpron is currently overdosing on methychlorohydronol- a shampoo additive.

This Website Censors Me

4holer

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:07 am

Guys,
I hate to mention this, but try to ease up on the guy. The boy's got some issues.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/293182/6/
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

Barcode

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:12 am

Can we have an interpreter please?

airlinelover

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:17 am

Well, they only carry as much weight as the servers that store them weigh..  Big grin

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

IMissPiedmont

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:52 am

Lehpron needs to put that funny smelling pipe away. Just (sort of) kidding Lehpron. Your post is indeed very hard to comprehend. Perhaps you could cite the source of this "...mainly due to the fact that it is valued at 20%!" Who said it and in what context?
The rest of your post makes sense when taken in small bites but is sadly irrelevant and disjointed as a whole.

The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

jcs17

Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:35 pm

That post and the post that 4holer is reffering to ought to be rated "D" for Disturbing.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

donder10

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:13 pm

From Lephron's profile:Hobbies: I used to draw, a LOT

No further comments needed Smile

VapourTrails

RE: This Discussion Doesn't Carry Anything...

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:15 pm

Confused Lehpron..

Suggest deletion.

From Australia. Qantas - Spirit of Australia.

cedarjet

Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:08 pm

I actually know what he means, I think. If you repeat the same story enough, you believe it. Or, if you say the same word enough times, it stops making sense. It's either about the effect of questioning your beliefs, or the effect of not questioning them.

Sometimes I smoke a fat one and surf the forum for a couple of mostly incoherent hours, I can spot other people's posts when they're out of their box as well, it's a pretty common experience. Why not? I remember eating a massive Chinese takeaway (so big I had to use two different takeaways to get all the dishes I wanted), with two beers and a joint to finish, then hitting the forum (feeling a little dizzy, to be frank) and posting a soppy load of nonsense about my first flight (Ansett 727-200 VH-ANA SYD-BNE) as a child in the early 80s.

Anyway, we're all people and therefore a bit uneven at the best of times, we shouldn't post like machines. If you feel it, post it baby. But if you can't say something nice, say it in broken English.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

delta-flyer

RE: Our Discussions Here Don't Carry Much Wieght..

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:19 am

..... that makes absolutely no sense.
Can we have an interpreter please?
Anyone who understands what the heck he's talking about...

Whew! (wiping my brow) I thought it was just me.....having one of those senior moments.

Pete  Confused
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

Soku39

Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:26 am

Seriously though, what the hell are you talking about ?
The Ohio Player

Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:47 am

You guys smoke weed and then surf airliners??

christ, I thought I had no life. If your reall that bored - call up some fat chicks.

Laugh out loud TNNH

747-451

Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:35 am

Re:

And the point is?

Apparently some one needs a life if they think this forum or any other has any real meaning beyond it ......being a just a forum...  Sleepy

Jean Leloup

Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:42 am

Hmmm...
Well. I think we all have something to think about now, maybe... Anyhow, I think I'd best archive this before it gets out of hand... but feel free to start another philosophical discussion...  Smile
Next flight.... who knows.