prosa

Life Is Wonderful For Women Drunks!

Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:15 am

No, really. There's usually a dance-pop radio station playing quite loudly at the gym I attend. It's not my favorite sort of music, but it goes well with vigorous exercise. Anyway, many of this station's commercial breaks - and God only knows there are plenty of them - have ads for a variety of bars and nightclubs. What's interesting is that almost all of the bars and clubs tout their "ladies' nights." Women get free or reduced-price admission, half-priced drinks, and not infrequently can drink for free. It really must be great to be a female lush. Go to the right places, and you can get trashed for free almost any night of the week!
Now, this brings up the question of how these bars and clubs aren't all going broke, but that's another issue for another time.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

LHMark

RE: Life Is Wonderful For Women Drunks!

Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:22 am

Well, the drooling idiot guys who go to ladies' nights in order to stand in a corner, ogle chicks, and "high five" their friends when someone with a nice ass walks by purchase enough drinks to keep the club happy.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for ogling, covertly. I just hate that meat-market atmosphere.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

saintsman

Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:00 am

I hate the fact that women get these 'perks'. It's sexual discrimination and if it was the other way around you would soon find women complaining. It should be banned really but if men are stupid enough to fall for it you can't blame the pub / clubs for doing it.

SophieMaltese

Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:22 pm

Usually those ladies' nights are on thursday nights...at least around here. They are a way to get people out on a night they wouldn't normally go out.