cwapilot

This Is Islam

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:33 am

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/11/22/nigeria.missworld/index.html

After being one of the ones who went along with the whole "not all Muslims are this way; don't judge all by the few" thing, I am through. Time after time, week after week, month after month, year after year...century after century, we all witness the brutality and ignorance this "religion" spawns.

Fighting evil does not involve burning people alive or creating orphans by stoning mothers to death. It involves doing good to counteract evil. Two wrongs don't make a right...burning someone alive does not glorify God...nor does blowing oneself up to advance someone's political ambitions or plowing a plane into a building full of thousands of innocent people. I thought we learned this during the more barbaric times of the Christian world during the Middle Ages....
Southside Irish...our two teams are the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs!

N79969

RE: This Is Islam

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:37 am

I disagree. Every now and then a European soccer match results in a riotor stampede or both. We cannot really characterize soccer (even though I don't like it), Europeans, or whatever as much of anything. I believe in the 5% rule. 5% of any population or group is a waste of space.

cwapilot

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:40 am

This is but one example of hundreds that happen every year throughout the world in the name of Islam. I don't see soccer hooligans deciding to suddenly round up and kill all the Muslims...as they decide to round up all the Christians. If it is only 5%, it is an awfully large 5%. The other 95% seem to celebrate in the streets when these things happen, and none speak out against it....

AC320

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:42 am

Still, one would think that seeing "a crowd stab a young man, force a petrol-filled tyre around his neck and burn him alive." goes a bit beyond a riot or stampede. The people who perpetrated these horrendous acts are nothing animals that bear an unfortunate resemblance to humans.
fuddle duddle

AC320

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:44 am

Since some people like to take things out of context I mean the people who are directly causing or supporting the loss of life, not all Muslims.
fuddle duddle

N79969

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:46 am

I think that the Muslim world is where Germany was in the 1930s and 40s. The whole lot of them are controlled by trash. The Nazi-regime was the result of trash getting elected and then preventing elections. We all know what happened next. But I would not judge Germany by WWII.

lehpron

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:49 am

Well.

If anyone doesn't think that those that perpetrated these attacks were nothing more than CONSERVATIVE extremists, here ya go:

"Schools and shops hurriedly closed as hordes of young men, shouting "Allahu Akhbar," or "God is great," ignited makeshift street barricades made of tires and garbage, sending plumes of black smoke rising above the city. Others were heard chanting, "Down with beauty" and "Miss World is sin."

Only a highly reglious person would regard things on the order of 'sin'.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Scorpio

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:51 am

I must take issue with the title of this thread. This is most certainly NOT Islam. It is yet another sad example of a peaceful religion being taken hostage by a number of people for their own agenda. This is a cultural issue and not one of religion.

N79969

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:52 am

I would have all-capped "extremist" instead of "conservative." Stalin and Mao brutally murdered a lot of people and they were not conservatives.

cwapilot

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:55 am

These are average people reacting to what their local preacher tells them...not a group of extremists trained to incite violence. Again...why does it happen so much, attached to one religion....where are the so called "moderates" when these things happen...why do they sympathize with these people?...

Let's riot and kill people because some women are in bikinis and evening gowns, because the imam says it is against Islam.....brilliant

heavymetal

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:56 am

Puh-lease

Does the poster have an inkling of Christian history? What's the difference between tires and stakes? They both burn.

Is Islam going through it's "Dark Ages"....well, being close to 800 years younger than Christianity, I'd say the math was almost right.....

cwapilot

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:10 am

Wow, Heavymetal....in your feeble attempt to be a smart ass...actually, you do a pretty good job of it...you restate my point for the sarcastic of the world to understand. The difference is, although it may be going through its "Dark Ages" period, are we to excuse it? Allowing billions of people throughout the world to be brutally persecuted so that we can be politically correct is stupid at best. The fact is, the religion is used throughout the world as a tool of opression for some really sick f*cks, just as Christianity was during the Dark Ages, and just as it is in some forms of Christian fundamentalism, just to a much more extreme degree. Go to a Muslim country, ask for the same tolerance and consideration you are offering Muslims, and see what you get....

mandala499

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:42 am

This is funny... Kaduna has been known to have had religious clashes in the past. Why on Earth did the Miss World organizers put it there in the middle of Ramadhan in a Muslim area of Nigeria? They were asking for trouble rightly or wrongly. A HUGE risk management failure there! Why don't we have a Hanukkah party in the middle of Gaza city too !

By the way, the clashes today are because of a local newspaper publishing the headlines "Maybe Prophet Muhammad would take one of these beauty queens as his wife"... Not because of the pageantry itself taking place.

What's not funny is the clashes...

"These are average people reacting to what their local preacher tells them...not a group of extremists trained to incite violence. Again...why does it happen so much, attached to one religion....where are the so called "moderates" when these things happen...why do they sympathize with these people?..."

Most of these people join the violence because they need to vent their anger at something. You would be amazed at what you can get a prolonged unemployed desperate hopeless person do! All it takes is a few people to incite them and they'll join in.

This is not limited to Muslims. In Indonesia, Christian communities subjected to adverse poverty and hopelessness have been turned into marauding thugs burning mosques before.

Where are the moderates ? Moderates are mainly silent and quiet... that's why its very hard to get them to go out as a force. But the news aren't interested in the moderates much.... because it's boring...

In developing countries, when you get unemployed, poor and desperate, you would turn to faith... and go to church/mosque/whatever else... In developed countries, when you get unemployed, poor and desperate, you either go to your social services offices or you go to street kitchens/charitable organisations.

I hope this shows why in poorer countries you get these "silly" "religious" riots going on.

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:49 am

Yep, just kill all those bad muslims so the rest of the world can live happily ever after.

Carry on with your anti-islam rhetoric.  Yeah sure
In Arsene we trust!!

Staffan

Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:57 am

If I was a muslim, and my fellow muslims were committing acts of terror in the name of Islam, I would clearly take distance from it and do my best to keep peoples views about Islam on the good side. I think it's sad that we see very little of this today.

Staffan

Bruce

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:07 am

I'd question the intelligence of scheduling a MISS WORLD pageant in a strict-Muslim country. Duh! Who has brains? Don't they know that women have no rights under Islam; they have to be totally covered and beauty is a big no-no.

Geez.....You'd think they'd pick a better place that would at least tolerate what they are putting on display.

Imagine if they had the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show over there?????!!!!!!

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

jcs17

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:11 am

If I was a muslim, and my fellow muslims were committing acts of terror in the name of Islam, I would clearly take distance from it and do my best to keep peoples views about Islam on the good side.

If I was a Muslim, I'd be taking a long, hard look at what my religion teaches.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Dasa

Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:48 pm

If I was a [insert religion here], I'd be taking a long, hard look at what my religion teaches.

It applies for any religion (including Christianity), not just Islam.

Marco

Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:54 pm

It applies for any religion (including Christianity), not just Islam.

Dasa, put aside your personal grudge against Christianity and address the issues at hand. No one is comparing Islam. We're discussing the contents of the Islamic faith.

And from what I remember you're background is Hindu. How would you like it if someone constantly attacked your beliefs?

Respect others Dasa.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

david b.

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:00 pm

Your attack Islam. So what is wrong if someone attacks your faith? It goes both ways.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Dasa

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:02 pm

I am respecting others, I just answered to Jcs' comment that Islam teaches hate, which is clearly untrue. I presume Jcs is Christian, thus the referral to Christianity to show him how it could apply to his own religion. I don't bear a personal grudge against Christianity, I actually went to a Catholic primary school. I meant no offense to Christians or Christianity, whichever branch of it you may believe in.

Marco

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:02 pm

Your attack Islam. So what is wrong if someone attacks your faith? It goes both ways

This thread isn't about comparing other religions to Islam. And I've seen Dasa's posts before. He needs to learn some respect.

Proud to be an Assyrian!

Marco

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:05 pm

I am respecting others,

Would you like me to pull up that post (about a year ago) where you made some disgusting comments about Christianity?

I just answered to Jcs' comment that Islam teaches hate, which is clearly untrue.

Yet you can't say the same thing for Christianity, which you always accuse of being an intolerant faith.

I presume Jcs is Christian,

Don't presume. That's ignorant.

thus the referral to Christianity to show him how it could apply to his own
religion.

Just like it can apply to Hinduism too.

I don't bear a personal grudge against Christianity, I actually went to a Catholic primary school. I meant no offense to Christians or Christianity, whichever branch of it you may believe in.

Fine if you didn't then thats acceptable. Otherwise you seem to take a very antagonistic approach to Christianity. It shouldn't be like that, you have nothing to be afraid of!

Proud to be an Assyrian!

jcs17

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:09 pm

Dasa, you are correct to a certain extent, I am a Christian (Roman Catholic), although I do not practice my faith. I have several issues with the church, its teachings, and its beliefs. If I was actually a practicing Catholic, and a fellow Catholic had perpetrated the 9.11 attacks, and other members of my religion made hateful and destructive statements, I would definitly be taking a step back and reevaluate my religion. You can call me hateful all you want, but I go by facts, and the facts are stacked against the Muslim religion in this case.

david b.

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:12 pm

Don't presume. That's ignorant.

Too bad some people like to make presumtions about Islam.

I don't have a religion. I see that as a good thing.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Marco

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:15 pm

Too bad some people like to make presumtions about Islam.

You're presuming I do. I have enough knowledge about Islam.

I don't have a religion. I see that as a good thing.

And that's relevant....how?

Proud to be an Assyrian!

tu154m

Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:43 pm

All of this just proves that religion is for those who cannot think for themselves and has become a crutch for the feeble minded to lean on. I think this is why I have more sympathy towards a stray animal than a person who uses religion as a stance to support their weakness. Common sense would go a long way in the world if these people would not go by a book written many years ago. How do we know that the Bible or the Koran wasn't written by the Richard Scary or Stephen King of the day. I could write a book, bury it in the ground or in a cave on the hopes it would be discovered 100,000yrs later so someone could start a following on its ideas. Something to think about? Maybe. But not everyone can think about it without consulting their higher power. If there was no religion most of the Wars throughout history would never have happened.
Steve
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

fspilot747

Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:46 pm

There marco goes again. Do you ever stop? Why do you always cry when someone brings up christianity? It's ludicrous, really.

FSP

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:22 pm

I don't really blame the Nigerian Muslims - they are abused, poor, uneducated, uncultured - they don't know any better. I'm far more concerned with the absolute lack of moderation eminating the Muslim religious leadership. Why are they not strongly and definitevly denoucning this absurd violence or advocating for peaceful protest. Where are they?

Hundreds of people are being tortured to death in the streets of Northern Nigeria and the Muslim world is too concerned with Arab air travelers who get an extra 5 minutes questing or defending the barbaric actions of Palestinian suicide bombers who blow up schoolbuses.

Where is the outrage from the leading centers of Islamic culture and thought on these Nigerian massacres?

TNNH

Marco

Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:53 am

I'm not crying.

Why do you always cry when someone brings up Islam?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Proud to be an Assyrian!

L-188

Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:55 am

I would like to point out the passage in the Koran where it says to put burning tires around the heads of Nigerian Christians.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Alpha 1

Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:32 am

Is Islam going through it's "Dark Ages"....well, being close to 800 years younger than Christianity, I'd say the math was almost right.....

One ominous difference between 800 years ago and today Heavymetal: back then, the weapons and technology didn't exist to wipe out a whole region. They do now. If Islamic terroists keep pushing things, it WILL become a war between Islam and the rest of the world. And while the terrorists can do some significant damage, the rest of the world, let alone the U.S., has the wearwithall to turn the Middle East in to a parking lot if it comes to that.

Unless those within the Muslim world who really believe that what is happening to their faith is evil and not what The Prophet intended, the terrorists will write the death warrent for that religion.

Arsenal@LHR

Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:08 am

Unless those within the Muslim world who really believe that what is happening to their faith is evil and not what The Prophet intended

What you suggesting dude? that prophet mohammed (pbuh) knowingly encouraged fellow muslims to perpetrate acts of terror?

"Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds."
From the last sermon of Prophet Mohammed.

http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm
In Arsene we trust!!

Scorpio

Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:16 am

Arsenal,

Slow down, don't jump to conclusions. I don't think Alpha 1 suggested any such thing, just that some of the extremist Muslims (the ones supporting the terrorism) believe they are acting in the name of Islam, and are doing what they think Mohammed would want.

sayem55

Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:30 am

Tu154m

If any person wrote Koran 100,000 years before Prophet Mohammad (s.a.w) how came things written in Koran coming true.
StarFighter

fspilot747

Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:31 am

Marco, unlike you, I don't cry when people bring up Islam for comparison. With you it's ALWAYS the same, and it's so annoying: "What does Christianity have to do with this? We're talking about Islam, not Christianity..." I have never done that. I defend Islam, I don't protect it from debate.

FSP

mandala499

Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:42 am

Bruce,
Don't write that women do not have rights under Islam... they do... some countries however, chose to deny them those rights. Look at the footage of the contestants, you have a contestant from Turkey... a muslim country, and a muslim country where (legally) women have rights.

The question that should be asked is not why they decided to make such a pageant in a Muslim country, but... Why did they choose it in a Muslim country during Ramadhan.

Everyone over there has said that the riots were not due to the show, but due to a newspaper article saying "if Prophet Muhammad is alive, he'd take one of the contestants as his wife"...

In my opinion, whoever set up the timetable for this Pageantry should get fired! Smart timing... NOT...

Mandala499

Hepkat

Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:57 am

Actually Mandala499, when and where the pageant takes place is irrelevant. This has to do with a lack of tolerance towards those who do not share their view or lifestyle. It is my understanding that Nigeria is officially a secular state, with the Muslims occupying the northern states. Why do they feel the need to impose their religious views on the entire country?

Make no mistake about it. This has nothing to do with any prophet, his beauty queen wife or the newspaper that broke the story. It is the ugly face of intolerance, plain and simple.

FDXmech

Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:19 am

>>>All of this just proves that religion is for those who cannot think for themselves and has become a crutch for the feeble minded to lean on.<<<

The same thing used to be said of the pocket calculater and computers.
You're only as good as your last departure.

Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:03 pm

no has begun to approach my point, so I'll restate:

I don't really blame the Nigerian Muslims - they are abused, poor, uneducated, uncultured - they don't know any better. I'm far more concerned with the absolute lack of moderation eminating the Muslim religious leadership. Why are they not strongly and definitevly denoucning this absurd violence or advocating for peaceful protest. Where are they?

Hundreds of people are being tortured to death in the streets of Northern Nigeria and the Muslim world is too concerned with Arab air travelers who get an extra 5 minutes questing or defending the barbaric actions of Palestinian suicide bombers who blow up schoolbuses.

Where is the outrage from the leading centers of Islamic culture and thought on these Nigerian massacres?

TNNH

tbar220

Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:30 pm

TNNH,

There is none, and don't expect any.

Scorpio,

I also don't like the title of this thread, its a harsh accusation to make that these people are representative of Islam, although of course I don't approve of their actions or any like it.

Marco,

You should stay away from any discussions involving religion. It just riles you up, upset others, and tends to bring down a thread. It would lower your stress levels, and make you less angry, and that's good right? Right? Good!  Big thumbs up
NO URLS in signature

mandala499

Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:14 pm

Hepkat,

It does matter where and when. It shows lack of understanding of the local culture and religion. Let's go and throw a Miss Universe pageant during Easter Sunday in Mexico... you'd get a lot of support then ! Or why not Miss World pageantry on the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem during Yom Kippur? Would you ? I wouldn't because I know I would be insulting someone beyond reasons. Throw a miss world show during Nyepi holy day (of Silence) in Bali and don't be surprised to get boycotted.

Local Muslim and Christian leaders in Kaduna have asked why are such a show being put in the holy month of Ramadhan in a Muslim area where there has been histories of religious clashes. I also agree that such things shouldn't matter, but the reality is, it does.

Twaneedsnohelp,

You asked..."I don't really blame the Nigerian Muslims - they are abused, poor, uneducated, uncultured - they don't know any better. I'm far more concerned with the absolute lack of moderation eminating the Muslim religious leadership. Why are they not strongly and definitevly denoucning this absurd violence or advocating for peaceful protest. Where are they?"

I've answered... "Where are the moderates ? Moderates are mainly silent and quiet... that's why its very hard to get them to go out as a force. But the news aren't interested in the moderates much.... because it's boring...

In developing countries, when you get unemployed, poor and desperate, you would turn to faith... and go to church/mosque/whatever else... In developed countries, when you get unemployed, poor and desperate, you either go to your social services offices or you go to street kitchens/charitable organisations.

I hope this shows why in poorer countries you get these "silly" "religious" riots going on."

No matter if the moderates speak out or not... these demonstrators are mainly of the poor sector of society. The moderates would be viewed as "siding with the enemy" and they would not listen. It's a sad reality.

Mandala499

Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:11 am

if the islamic hierarchy in Cairo and Damascus, and Saudi Arabia appealed for calm from their rampaging Nigerian Muslim brothers - your telling me the Nigerian Muslims would ignore them?

I don't believe it.

Furthermore - whats the worst that could happen - a 100 or so lives are saved at best? At worst - nothing and more poor desperate Christian Nigerians get burning tires wrapped around their necks.

TNNH

Marco

Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:31 am

Tbar,

I'm not getting upset...but since you brought it up...are you getting upset?

I enjoy debates. Even with people like FSP.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Derico

Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:17 pm

I'm going to say it like I see it, short and sweet.

I have noticed that in many (not all, but m-a-n-y) of the current religious/ethnic problems around the world, it is muslims vs. xxxx...

Sorry if I offend any muslims, that is not my intention here, but just let me enumerate to show this, if you follow world events you know these probably:

1. Middle east (jew vs muslim)
2. Balkans (christian european vs muslim european)
3. Cyprus (chipriot vs turk muslim)
4. Kashmir (hindu vs muslim)
5. Chechnya (russian vs muslim)
6. India (hindu vs muslim)
7. Indonesia/Ache (christian vs muslim, government vs. muslim)
8. Nigeria (christian vs muslim)

Furthermore, it is muslim extremists that also blow up people in other nation's cities. From New York to Buenos Aires. in the last 10 years thousands and thousands of people have been killed in this fashion by terrorist attacks. People from western countries certainly do not go and bomb Cairo or Mecca or any major muslim city like they have done major western cities. And the many plots uncovered against Europe, the Americas, Asia, etc, etc, leaves little room for doubt, unfortunately.

All that said, I still believe the average muslim is a descent, good person who just lives day by day like the rest of us. The BIG problem is that the extremists in their religion are plainly and simply bound by no limits except the limits of logistics on commiting cruelty and mass murder. They are sociopaths whom can't stand the fact, I think, that for better or for worse (and as difficult as that road may be), the rest of the world inches foward day by day yet their mentality fiddles in their hopes of restoring the ways of days long gone by.

They certainly have the right to live as they please in their own nations, but they can't take the whole world with them and that is what engenders their hatred first and foremost. I think all those other political issues lie second and sometimes are used as cover.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

tbar220

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:49 pm

Marco,

I'm not getting upset...but since you brought it up...are you getting upset?

LOL, I don't even know what to say. But I absolutely love how you just turned it right back on me. Sometimes, just sometimes, you shouldn't think that people are attacking you for your views or for what you think. I was honestly just giving you some constructive criticism on the issue. I could give a rats ass about this thread. And so, to answer your question, no, I'm not getting upset. There's nothing to get upset about!
NO URLS in signature

jwenting

Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:09 pm

If I was a muslim, and my fellow muslims were committing acts of terror in the name of Islam, I would clearly take distance from it and do my best to keep peoples views about Islam on the good side.

If I was a Muslim, I'd be taking a long, hard look at what my religion teaches.

JCS, Islam does not teach violence. In fact, it strictly prohibits many of the things currently being done in its name.
Islam is now indeed going through the same period in its history that Christianity was during the dark ages. Then Christians did horrendous things in the name of God yet noone seems to think that was wrong. In fact, the crusades are glorified (while in fact they were extremely brutal and dirty wars where masses of people were raped and brutally slaughtered by Christians under the direct supervision of priests (who often participated in the worst of it...).
Not to say I condone what radicals are doing in the name of Islam, but it is decidedly NOT Islam they're practicing.
Those radicals would indeed not listen to the voices of reason from Saudi. They're followers of other Islamic groups, and take their orders from the ayatollahs in Tehran who consider the rest of Islam to be heretics.
It's like Lutheran people don't recognise the Holy Seat in Rome as their authority.
I wish I were flying

mandala499

Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:54 pm

There's a passage in the Quran that said something along the lines of...

"Beware yee believers of those who claim they are believers but are themselves unbelievers for they claim to worship Me but are themselves deceived by Satan's wit"

So, don't listen to extremists or terrorists... just use common sense  Smile
It's not Islam that's the problem, but the people who hijacked it... unfortunately, the hostages are the moderate ones with common sense...

"Treat thy neighbour as you would like them to treat you"

Mandala499

Andreas

Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:23 pm

Most Islamic countries nowadays are rather poor (no, not Brunei and UAE, I know!!), and it is common knowledge, though some here on this Forum said a few harsh things to me when I mentioned it a few weeks ago, that poverty and a low education level are the best breedinggrounds for extreme beliefs, religions, even terrorists whatever. (No, Reisinger, Toda, I know that Osama bin Laden is or was super-rich and a few of his co- terrorists as well, but I'm talking about the followers!!!!!).
The Taliban are/were one of Islam's ugliest faces, and why don't I wonder that this happened in one of the poorest wartorn countries. And why is it, that the major parts of El-Qaida are to be found in the poorest Islamic countries such as Afghanistan, Jemen, Sudan? Because they have a following there and because it is easy to control people and governments and Islamic leaders in order to cooperate with them!
When people in Europe in the Middle Ages were basically poor and uneducated, the Christian Church did things to fellow humans, that are undescribable and ON A LEVEL WITH SEPT. 11, 2001, except they didn't have the weaponry to kill so many people in one strike.
Nowadays Christianity, at least the Roman Catholic part of it, does have its leadership in a rather civilized part of the world, that makes it hard to preach hellfire and crusades, though there are still many teachings coming from Rome that do belong into the Dark Ages.
Now does that make Christianity generally better than Islam?
I think not!
Remember: Basically all terrible crimes in the name of a religion were/are committed because one or several crazy human being says to do so, but extremely seldom because God or Allah or Jahwe or Buddha say so.
Religion certainly is one tricky human business, that much is sure!
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

jcs17

Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:46 am

I must take issue with the title of this thread. This is most certainly NOT Islam. It is yet another sad example of a peaceful religion being taken hostage by a number of people for their own agenda. This is a cultural issue and not one of religion.

Tell us what Islam is then... I mean, it makes you sound nice and friendly to say that Islam is a religion of "peace". If these riots dont show how outdated this religion has become, I dont know what will. Yeah sure, if you throw a Miss World event in Mexico during Easter people will be angry, but will they go out and kill 200 people? This is not a culutral issue.